Howling for Fuel
2001 Economy Cars
The year is 2001. The market is thriving and there’s still diversity in the cars available to purchase. On one hand you have the large gasoline-drinking SUVs and on the other you have blobby econoboxes built for nothing more than efficient transportation. Manufacturers have been pushing their cars on magazines such as AutoBeam to get their places in the press solidified. With the increasingly competitive market the question begs: How do you sell what nobody wants but everyone could use?
AutoBeam’s Jun. 2001 issue aims to answer this question by rounding up their top choices in this category.
- Model trim/Engine variant year 2001
- No limited production/race parts
- Regular unleaded (86 AKI/91 RON) fuel only
- Must have a 3-way catalytic converter
- Drivability of 40+
- Comfort of 20+
- Engine/Trim reliablity both 50+
- Fuel economy
- “Fun factor” (I will be driving the cars in BeamNG, with a full wheel/pedals/h-shifter setup)
- Submissions open immediately
- Submissions will close at 1PM GMT Sunday October 27th
- Sometime after the challenge is complete, there will be a bonus video released featuring the top entries.
Submitting your vehicle
Send me a private message with your .car file using the following format:
Model name: [HFF] - (Your username)
Model trim: (Brand) (Model)
Engine family: [HFF] - (Your username)
Engine variant: (Engine model)
Note: I have pretty much every non-meme and non-prewar mod installed, so mods should not
be an issue.
(Edit) And a quick screenshot/little blurb for your car posted below a-la CSR style would be appreciated as well
If I’ve forgotten anything or something needs clarifying please let me know, this is my first time running a challenge and I’ll be doing my best.