Killrob’s “The Fastest Cars in the World” Challenge

you can just show/proof your progress here. not your cars individually.

Challenge accepted!

1 Like

Now this is something I wanna come back for, sounds like fun…and a freaking huge challenge xD.

I think I’m going to make this my first playthrough of the lite campaign.

So, if we just upload screenshots of our score at any point, that works as an alternative to making a youtube video?

I built this van that goes 106mph using 1946 tech
with a different body this engine can reach 140mph
[hide=Images]

[/hide]

http://image.prntscr.com/image/f8169e66713f4efba3843f5c4cfc0a54.png

Year 1986 and everything’s going smoothly, had to restart twice after creating my first car though because I started out with way too much cash or selected the wrong region (facedesk).
First years were really struggling to turn a profit, but the '75 model is selling like crazy. Market is booming too, making me able to run now like…over 100% markup.
'84 really is a challenge to get to that 386 kph, especially with the bodies available. Had to run a crazy 1.75 bar boost setup, put a lot of quality in aero and undercool. Thank God that the other trims are allowed to be significantly slower.

Starting to regret that I didn’t buy a large plot at the beginning. People really don’t care about reliability as long they got swagger.

Sounds about right :joy:

5 Likes

First entry to any challenge. Started on easy 200% / insane difficulty, same options as Killrob did just different engineer and focus on starting tech.

As the world emerges from global depression Mr. Dusenberg decides that time is right to bridge the cap between airplanes and cars. This may take decades but by the V12 one day cars are just as fast as airplanes! With this X46 project is started, goal for X46 is 260 km/h while record breaking it seems to be within our means.

The 5.7 L V12 shall propel our company to new heights!
Our other model has classy convertiple roof with canvas cover for rainy days. Targa model is slower with just i6 but Speedster is not for everybody, not all have the stones to drive widowmaker in its purest form.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=865834154
For the petrolheads with less cash on hand we also have Light model X46 coming in at just 880 kilos Tracster is over 200 kilos lighter than Speedster and has seen major interest from Fruinian racing community,
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=865834393

As of January 1st of 1959 production of model X46 will cease as sales dwindle. Competitors have finally eclipsed x46 almost decade after it started production but as always Dusenberg is ahead of the curve and X55 will start production in few months casting our rivals back to our shadow where they belong.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=865836740

As I have only lurked these forums I can post only 1 pic therefore links to steam.

First Attempt: Dumpster Fire

Second Attempt: 5000lb cars with engines weighing more than small cars

I did it , I reached 2018 without going bankrupt and I have all challenges completed!

Now in 1975 and finally starting to make decent profits. Score of 78,97 thus far. First years were rough, started at insane difficulty (>2) and had losses/breakeven for the first models till the 1964 design.

The market’s fluctuations almost killed me

1 Like

Difficulty - 2.35 :wink:

#[color=#dd6600]DuesenBAM - 1946-55 (Part 1/8)[/color]

Here is the first episode of my approach. Please excuse the too high music volume in the second half of the video. I didn’t notice it while creating it and now I’m abroad and have no access to the raw material. :frowning:

3 Likes

Ok, starting over with a slightly different approach.

Intro:

Hollandia: Fastest Car in the World: 1946-1955

After some lua-errors and bankruptcys I finished the first episode. Right now I start rendering and tomorrow at 2PM middle euopean time you can find the video on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/drweasel But care, it’s a german one :wink:

1 Like

Hrm … that lack of big engine bay, good aero bodys in the 70s :cold_sweat:

Managed to cram 930 horsepower into one of the available, gets me 347km/h topspeed while being somewhat sellable.
(I’m trying my own little challenge at the moment :stuck_out_tongue: )

Edit: Haha, okay this really gets tougher the further you are. How the fuck did the McLaren achieve 386km/h with only 618hp? I can’t do it with twice the power :joy:

I used a older body which allowed a V12 Twin turbo I produced 1084 Hp. For couple of the cars I used V8 Twin Turbo due to size limitation. But I got all the to car 7 so far… I’m using 1.01 difficulty. Its tough but when I entered the Gasmen Market it was at a 1.75 boom for Luxury cars and currently making a killing. I’m working on uploading my video to youtube at the moment.

Well, I’m using 2.00 difficulty and so far limited myself to only one trim per car (that is the record breaking trim). I’ve tried a few different bodys now for the '82 car and none gets me 386km/h without way too excessive use of quality sliders.