Killrob’s “The Fastest Cars in the World” Challenge

forgot to post my attempt here.

1 Like

Surely building a world record breaking car every year that is well in excess of anything else being made is going to require a lot of quality sliders, no?

or so you think… doing so would just result in you going bankrupt due to the engineering time and costs that you don’t usually deal with. also the longer your car takes to the market, the older it’s gonna be when it does goes out which also lower the desirability too.

My 1946 car cost about 65 million to engineer and went 45 km/h over target speed.
The 75 car was under 200 million (180-ish I think) and still went 21 km/h over target speed.
On the '84 I’d have to use +15 aero along with some other stuff to barely reach target speed at half a billion dollars and 7 years of engineering.

I mean, it’s doable and I’ll have to do it but if that thing doesn’t sell I’m bankrupt :smiley:

I think that’s where I’ve been going wrong: I go ham on making the car damn fast and then the moment the market shrinks even slightly I go into the red.

meanwhile

248km/h limit
le me see 248.1 km/h “well it’s technically more than that. i still need to sell it anyway :P”

3 Likes

It’s online now. Enjoy my german version of the challange:

2 Likes

I’ll join as well

The '84 car IS a challenge, the others were pretty much a walk in the park for me. Hint: For a single trim you can go quite crazy with the turbo boost :wink:

1 Like

https://youtu.be/NQ43n9Atzhs

This is my first car of the challenge

Fcuk. Went bankrupt after the first car. I guess I shouldn’t have started R&D so early :smile:

2 Likes

I didn’t even touch R&D through the whole game for exactly that reason :smiley:

I’ve finished now. Sold a total of 117,000 of the fastest cars in the world. Actually the fastest cars, no other trims made :wink:

The 1946 car was aimed at the GT Premium and to some extent Luxury Premium and GT markets. It didn’t sell very well though, only about 2600 cars sold for a profit of 28 million (compared to ~65 million engineering costs). So in 1955 there were about M$90 left of the M$200 starting money.

The 460hp 6.6L V12 made for a top speed of 303 km/h though :sunglasses:

Warning: huge wall of jpg files

edit: damn, I did break something in this post
seems pictures don’t go along with the hide tag. nvm, then you have to scroll :tired_face:

Start Settings

Sales of the 1946 car. Like I said, only one trim :wink: And, spoiler, this is actually the only one (except for the last one that wasn’t on sale for long) that didn’t make profits. Cost me about M$65 to engineer while returning only M$28

Some more screenshots with stats and stuff

Do you think this challenge is way too easy? Think @Der_Bayer should have tried a bit harder to challenge himself? Do you think a large, powerful, quiet engine is overated? Do you like the sound of con rods snapping?

If the answer to all of those questions was “Of course not, what the hell are you on right now?” then I’ve got the perfect thing for you: my entry into this challenge, using only I4 engines! That’s right, 4 cyclinders only! Think I’m mad? Well I almost certainly am!

So far we have made it through the first era (46-55) with the 1965 Model SSJ by the skin of our teeth, but the markets are starting to look up for our new offering, the 1955 Model SSSJ!

I’m hoping to upload a video of the first part at some point in the next week or so, so if you feel like watching someone who doesn’t know how to make videos also struggle to make world record breaking cars with woefully inadequate engines, that will be the video for you!

8 Likes

X55

August 1st 1959 project X55 enters production replacing the venerable X46 as fastest land vehicle on Earth, not even General Engine Company Starscream with its 10 liter V8 can match us in any category except weight. With X55 we aim to double our sales as rumors of Archanan re-opening to south continue rising and relations improve, already we have made deals on exporting X55 Speedster and Targa models to most renowned car dealers.

Speedster had achieved land speed record of 295 km/h during pre production testing on Fruinian Air Force base as for the moment that is the only place where one can actually reach the top speed. Alas during testing it was evident that the dream of beating planes was doomed since the adoption of jet engine. Supermarine Swift (Fruinian premier jet fighter) won the unsanctioned drag race against X55 Speedster (prototype 27) by a very handy margin.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=868565607
GT model represents new era in Dusenberg automobiles. We have recognized that neutered models have no place in the catalog, only engines are modified to be less… intense while still maintaining level of perfection seen on Speedster models. Gt is optimised to limited mass production while every Speedster is hand fitted to most minute detail, this can be seen as lack of Champagne compartment and having only the wheel made from hand stitched Honshū wolf rest is of course coarser and more plebeian sea lion skin.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=868565301
Last model of X55 is the convertible speed demon for those that love feeling how warm summer wind caresses their luxurious hair at 250+km/h. Very similar to GT in every way even in performance! Soft top is made of finest fabric and has fast takedown feature as a standard feature, semi automatic function commands hefty premium though.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=868567189
Just like how X46 entered market in booming economy so has X55, we can only hope that this trend continues. Factories started production on ⅔ of their maximum output and had to swiftly start producing cars in 3 shifts and it was still not enough. X64 shall have new factories with more room to grow if all goes well.

X55 ceases production at summer of 68. While we have missed both original goals, beating the airplane and doubling production numbers, Dusenberg family is very happy how well last decade has turned out. Hopefully X64 has bright future ahead of it.

How did you manage to sell so many of them?

1 Like

Uh, 20-30 cars per month isn’t that many :smiley:

All the following cars sold 100+ per month with high markup.

The first episodes are all live and I have updated the first post in this thread with all of the ones I saw being posted! Have a look at what your competition does and if they are struggling just as much as you :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome stuff so far! Next episode is going live in slightly less than 3 days, prepare your designs & videos till then. :slight_smile:

Cheers guys!

5 Likes

well I made it to the 50’s

unfortunately I’m stuck within a game bug loop so some of the stats are not displayed correctly on the second car

so much videos…

also… i’m gonna upload my videos every other day. because… you’ll know later…

first attempt Bankrupt 1951 time to try again