Low on OCTANE supercar

the year is 1990, we have discovered a new kind of fuel. its like petrol but the octane rating is only 70. trying to refine it will cause it become useless. so we also found out there is a huge amout of it existing so it will be dirt cheap, maybe even cheaper than water so we need to retrofit the engines to make it work

year:1990
v8, v12
nasp or turbo doesnt matter
max octane rating: 70 (ron)

price 100.000 with 50 markup

the winner would be who makes the best out of the worst also lap times.

deadline: 25.11.2016

also send your export to me
you can name it

design-octane-yourname
trim -car name
engine - octane- your name
trim -engine name

so the scoring ::
from 10 to 0
who gets the best driveability
who gets the best sportiness
who gets the best safety
who gets the best prestige
who gets the best weight
who gets the best economy
who gets the best lap time

6 Likes

so we can use literally any body type of any engine config?

yes

sounds like a good challenge for the creator of the Communitasia :wink:

4 Likes

sorry for double post, but what is 70 RON in AKI?

RON*(21/22)

70*0.95454545454

66.8 aki

1 Like

the winner would be who makes the best out of the worst also lap times.

okay this kinda confuses me, is it just about best lap times or is there other scoring?

i’ll think about something don’t worry

Isn’t AKI just the average between RON and MON indexes? Making an engine at 70 RON in-game and changing the settings to AKI gives me 66.5, though that could might be a rounding error. Could request that everyone change their settings to RON when making the engine to make sure the numbers are right.

I don’t have a 70 RON fuel, are you saying you want the engine to be tuned to 70 RON?

i think i’m doing it right lazy with screenshots

2 Likes

Eee, any track time?

OK, here comes my typical track-beast, the Yog-Sothoth :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m baffled at the performance of your car. How are you able to push out so much power from such a great restriction?

Nah, it’s not much of a restriction without restricting fuel economy :smiley: And it has a 7.7 turbo V12, so… even on 70 octane it simply HAS to have a lot of power (if tuned for it, of course).

Now I think I should have added a screenshot of the engine, but I’ll do it tomorrow, as I won’t run the game again today :stuck_out_tongue:

@szafirowy01 do I spy a hearthstone player… :wink:

Ninja edits!
Nah, didn’t even know that Yog-Sothoth was in Hearthstone. I just know this name, from somewhere (it is from Lovecraft’s universe, but I haven’t read any of his novels), maybe it was in Munchkin?

The name seems like a combo of yogg-saron and soggoth the slitherer, is all

let me just say, you beat me… beat me so much i’m calling it quits already

1 Like

I know that feel, bro

I’m not going to wait for a reply, I just went ahead and tuned my engine to use 70 RON. Here are the results.