**Morello Auto **
The Morello Auto was founded in 1949 in Palermo by engineer C. Morello thanks to funds provided under the Marshall plan.
the core business of the new carmaker was to create coupes with luxurious interiors but also parcels in consumption and engines below 2000 cc to avoid incurring unfavorable taxation applied to higher displacements by the Italian government.
The first model was produced in 1950 with the name of Panormus 1100, the Phoenician name of the ancient Palermo, and it was a two-seater coupe with a space frames chassis and the aluminum body.
It fitted a 1.1 L engine that delivered 40.3 Hp at 4000 rpm named 77/40.
The Panormus 1100 was produced from 1950 to 1955 when it was replaced by the Panormus 1300