Most Needed Body Types Survey

Non-kei A segment is basically non-existent. There’s one '95 body, three 80s ones, though one is a mod and the other might be more B, there’s the mod Panda in the 70s… It’s all in the past, and there’s not much of it, while there’s literally nothing modern. On that note some larger hatchbacks for the modern B segment would also be nice, because the last such bodies are from 2005 (two!), when there’s a high concentration of them - two in 2000 (one mod), one from 2003 and two from 2005.

A specific example of a modern (post-2010) non-kei city car (A-segment) would be the VW Up/SEAT Mii/Skoda Citigo (Up GTI shown below).

Considering the success of those three, I definitely agree with your opinion that such a small car with a very late unlock year would be an essential addition to the game.

3 Likes

I have bought the game yet so I may be an idiot for suggesting this, but is there a crew cab truck body before the 2000s? i haven’t seen one before that in the forums, the first crew cab truck was built in 1957 so they did exist before the modern age.

They’ve got a few different choices.

some 7 seater MPVs or SUVs, we only have limited options of those

Some MPVs Examples :

Toyota Rush (SEA)

Toyota Sienta
1pk323hs7yt42pk5d9r3_15644
Mitsubishi Outlander

Toyota Veloz 2020

Mitsubishi Xpander

Toyota Sienna

Toyota Innova
Renault Espace

Honda Mobilio

Wuling Almaz

2 Likes

We certainly need a step forward for the in-game body types, whose lineup finishes in 2012. I’d like to see some true GT body as a Bentley Continental-ish or a GT-R one; talking about the '70s - '80s i think a true wedge design as the Boomerang Italdesign (first photo) or the 512 S (second photo)
unnamed

13321981_1026214840748016_8349169684228594261_n-640x455

And last but not least, looking at the (questionable imo) midsize SUVs trend, something not based on the Toyota CH-R thing in 2011, but more like an Audi Q3 body…

Anyway… is there anybody out there feeling a bit frustrated for not receiving any news about a precise release of the open beta LCV 4.1 since August?

2 Likes

Nope, but fear not…I’m pretty confident that it will be released before HL3…now THAT’S the frustrating one for me!!

My modern SUV '10s body basically covers this :sparkler:

3 Likes

Yup, modders community adds so much to this game :top::beers:

3 Likes

No offence, because I know you spent a lot of time and work on that body, but that body has quite a few problems that I think make it pretty hard to use. From the spiking (I know thats been pretty difficult to solve) to the massive seams and the slightly asymmetrical front its just not ideal to use right now

4 Likes

Yeah. I honestly wish I knew what causes the spiking, because I would fix it. The seams were put in too early (silly me). But the asymmetrical front I have no clue on either.

Always next time. I might do version III in the future with revisions and community feedback (If anyone ever wants just give me a dm here or discord for a bug, or a suggestion!)

4 Likes

Sorry for the bump, but just normal modern hatchbacks and their variants would be appreciated

Ideas

3 Likes

We already have a few such bodies, but I can agree with you on that one - more variety in that sector wouldn’t go amiss.

1 Like

And their little counterparts too. :slight_smile:

One thing I think CSR133 really highlighted is that we need more 1950s coupe bodies. All of them have either tiny or enormous options, no real in-between, and there are really only the Aston Martin bodies (which are funkily proportioned, too much mass in the rear and no way to remove it, especially with the smaller wheelbase), the Cobra body (which has a really funky roof proportion and lots of predetermined shaping), and the more early-1950s boat-style bodies. There is nothing along the lines of a C1 Corvette or Thunderbird, and the bodies we do have really aren’t easily versatile at all, with many shapes that cater to their specific real car only and are difficult to work with. Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Hopefully my next body can solve this a bit, is based on Renault Fregate but I tried to incorporate Ferrari 250GT into the coupe version :smile:

6 Likes

I think that an Asian mid-size or mini MPV body would make a great mod. Yes, we have the Betulguese (Alphard) but it is very big and it looks is VERY Alphard/Velfire no matter what you do to it. We also have minivan versions of the Mazda/Tesla body, but they are not boxy enough to emulate the look of Asian MPVs. What I’m suggesting is a more generic kind of minivan body, preferrably with different wheelbases and dimensions.

Summary

9 Likes

On that note, such a body should come with panel van variants for all sizes, and an unlock year of 2010 or later.

There is no good alternative for an early 70s japanese compact (think Corolla, Sunny, Lancer, 818/Grand familia etc.), they were all around 230 cm wheelbase, and the only bodystyle that works for the early 70s with that wheelbase is the Cherry, but the styling is a bit on the funky side there IMO, I would like something more conservative. Think B110 Sunny.

8 Likes

Lotus M100 Elan.