Home | Wiki | Live Chat | Dev Stream | YouTube | Archived Forums | Contact

My 2002 Toyota Corolla T-Sport

So this is my first car and it is pretty neat as it is very quicc.
I have only found one strange thing with it. It is the gearbox as I can accelerate to 100kmh in second gear and just change straight to sixth gear from the second gear, but I believe the gear box is from lotus elise so it kinda makes sense why it is strange.

Sorry I am not artistic enough to write a novel about my car
I might add more text.

Pictures (I dont have many pictures (not text) yet):

Awesome ride!

Enjoy that 2ZZ-GE!

Be proud of your Toyota man! :grin: The gearbox in the Elise is from the Corolla, not the other way around.

A ninth-gen Corolla is a reliable friend you can trust, certainly. Although for your first car, a T-Sport is a rather… beefy friend. :joy:

Joking aside, it’s a cool ride, best of luck! Also, these are normally naturally-aspirated, right? I know of the supercharger versions, but this one is bound to be a normal T-Sport…

Yes. T-Sport is the NA. The supercharger it was the TTE, although you can buy the supercharger as an aftermarket element, in Toyota. With warranty (at least in Spain).

As I thought, thanks for clarifying. The supercharger examples are hard to come across, so it’s something I don’t see often. Doesn’t make the T-Sport any less cool, it’s still an Elise engine with plenty of pep!

Corollas are good first car. Good car in general too. You have to be fairly particular or want certain quirks if you go for something else.

That said, it’s not unusual for manuals to hit 100km/h in second then be able to shift up to whatever you want, though probably more so if your car was significantly older.