New Body style Suggestions

Has anyone considered making boxy sedan? Like a Chevy Caprice, Lincoln Towncar, Cadillac Deville or Chrysler New Yorker type sedan?

I think automation is lacking a little 1980-90’s america, something that could be lowrider-ed out.

This game definitely needs an 89 Monte Carlo body :smiley:

1 Like

Exactly! Something that has massive engine bay and trunk space.

A boxy sedan is something almost key for the campaign mode when it comes to conquering the American market during the 80s-90s period, so that definitely seems like a good idea. However you never know, the devs may make one themselves as there a huge number of bodies still to come.

Just having a think here, but maybe we could do with a pinned thread or two at the top of this forum subcategory titled “Request cars here” and another one “Request parts here” or something like that in order to keep things all nice and neat and not end up with requests mixed in with the good stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Cheeseman”]A boxy sedan is something almost key for the campaign mode when it comes to conquering the American market during the 80s-90s period, so that definitely seems like a good idea. However you never know, the devs may make one themselves as there a huge number of bodies still to come.

Just having a think here, but maybe we could do with a pinned thread or two at the top of this forum subcategory titled “Request cars here” and another one “Request parts here” or something like that in order to keep things all nice and neat and not end up with requests mixed in with the good stuff :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

Good call! You could clear alot of clutter up this way.

I’ll probably make an El Camino-ish car in time.

Just a suggestion but would anybody consider building a super small sports coupe?

I know that we have a few coupe body styles available, however we don’t have any really small coupes (miata, mx5, s2000). The shortest wheelbase we have available for coupes is 98.8", the Miata had 89". I think a lot of fun could be had with little coupes.

How about a 50’s panel van? That would be nice, or some pick-ups? Or a propper SUV?
http://worldcarslist.com/images/chevrolet/chevrolet-suburban-silverado/chevrolet-suburban-silverado-09.jpg

A small 50’s sedan with a panorama window like the Opel Rekord P1, and a estate and panelvan as wel?

Or a rear/mid engined saloon like the simca’s, skoda’s, NSU’s and renault’s of the fifties and sixties???
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/NSU_Prinz_1000_white_hr.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/Heckmotor_NSU_Prinz_4L.jpg

Or something like the fiat/seat 500/600 (multipla)?? Which ultimatly could also be used as a FF-design MINI like car…

Well, I kinda want another hatchback sports car. A 90’s style, like a 3rd or 4th gen Camaro/Trans Am.

Or pretty much any sports cars without rear quarter windows, or whatever you wanna call it. A Mazda RX-7 also represents this style well.

I second the rear engine skoda and 4th gen GM sports coupe!

Two words : Dodge Matador!

As previously mentioned the late 80’s Monte Carlo body style (pictured third) a squared off 2 door muscle car with morphablerear window.
Also pictured is a 87 buick regal gnx, a mid 90’s ford thunderbird, and a early 90’s Lincoln Mark VII.

They are badass!

[quote=“nialloftara”]As previously mentioned the late 80’s Monte Carlo body style (pictured third) a squared off 2 door muscle car with morphablerear window.
Also pictured is a 87 buick regal gnx, a mid 90’s ford thunderbird, and a early 90’s Lincoln Mark VII.

[attachment=0]1989-1995_Ford_Thunderbird.jpeg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss-03.jpeg[/attachment]
[attachment=2]mkvii1.jpeg[/attachment]

They are badass![/quote]

I agree, love those bodies, this makes me wanna try out 3D modeling for this game

Frankly, I’m a little surprised that no one has done a late 60s Mini. One of the most iconic, best, and well loved cars in history.

Weasel is doing one as we speak. :slight_smile:

You guys couldn’t model a 4 wheeled Peel P50, or could you?

A 2000s American sedan, like a Crown Vic wouldn’t be too bad. I could do a lot with that.

There is one in the vanilla content, it can be morphed into a crown vic-esk sedan.

I’ve seen it, but it’s not as Crown-Vic-y as one might think. It’s a bit too generic. The vanilla one has less of a town-car vibe and more of an entry-level German sedan. But, I suppose opinions may differ.

I’d say its atleast 60% of the way to a crown vic :-p its tasteful avoiding copyrights so its decently close