Official Car Design Competition (UE4 Open Beta)

My 80’s Premium Sedan for Segment E:

Meet the 1982 Sinistra Senator.

Sorry for the crappy quality of the graphics, that’s all I’m willing to push on my old cards.

3 Likes

My guess as to why there were so many Competition C submissions is because muscle cars are relatively easy to make. Put a huge grille in the front, horizontal tail lights, and BOOM, you get a basic muscle car.

2 Likes

Shame you didn’t send the 80s one, I really dig the patina. Wish I could have done something similar on mine.

Why didn’t you send it? The car didn’t fit any other category? Because nothing said that you had to advertise a car from any other category :open_mouth:

Am I the only one in the X category? :blush:

4 Likes

Nope the crazy green 4x4 I posted was my X entry.

2 Likes

I kinda did a weird Peugot looking thing for Cat X, though the lights drew a lot of inspiration from the old Renault Fiftie concept.

I don’t know about the rest of you C-ers, but personally, I made a 60s musclecar not because it was ‘easy’ but because I am passionate about that vintage.

I live and breathe for 60s muscle. Heck, I own a '67 Mercury Cougar! =)

2 Likes

well I mean:
-There’s an accurate body style
-there’s an accurate engine layout
-there’s an accurate suspension setup
-it’s from a “no f*cks given” era with little to no constraints as long as poo comes out of the driver when he slams the throttle.
Can’t blame us for taking the easy way, heh. but it makes this category even more competitive. I can only imagine what the winner will be like.

My entry for the R category

4 Likes

🅱 R O W N

1 Like

Hey gotta do what you know man. I love '80s German cars which is why my submission was for E category.

Man 1982 was a popular year apparently. Probably has something to do with the Not-GM-G-Body being one of only like two realistic choices for that era :roll_eyes: :upside_down_face:.

On that note, my submission is the 1982 Fenton LE270, somewhere between an BMW E28 and Buick Regal. I whipped this ad together in like an hour just now. Lately just haven’t the time to make a worthy R category ad.

A few glamour shots:

6 Likes

You are right about the G-body being one of the few vanilla bodies that suit the 80s theme of category E. I wasn’t aware of that for some reason, and skipped that category altogether as a result.

Its considered a 1975 body which is why I initially disregarded it as well. But it does make sense since you need several years to develop a car and the G Body came came on the scene in 1978.

3 Likes

i think you’re gonna have issues, seeing as you used modded fixtures.

I really hope my F category went through okay? :thinking:

Nope, actually not. I unsubbed all my mods before even attempting this competition.

whoops, didn’t realise some of the Square lights had become OC. my bad

1 Like

I’ve got this for Competition A.

Also got something for E, but I’m prouder of this one.

6 Likes

Well since some showing off is still happening,

Here's my E

(yeah it has a 350ci)

And my H

4 Likes

My C car:

And my E/R Car

6 Likes