Ohm's Mods (Returned)

Yes!

Do you have any progress on the R32 or rebuilt it? :smiley:

2 Likes

I decided to rebuild it with some details improvement.

6 Likes

Good News: I’m now able to model the car to finish around 3-5 hours (still within a day or two days if I take a break or have another important thing(s), Note: it depending on car details as well).
I have modeled three late 40s/50s international-sized (at that time) mid-size cars to fill the gap some days ago, two of them with Detroit-influenced design and one with Studebaker-like, but more conservative design. Before I start to remodel the R32, I may model one or two more mid/late 50s mid-size car(s) (still with Detroit-influenced design) to fill the mid-late 50s gap.

8 Likes

2017 in Ohm’s Milestone Review

My modeling skills has been significantly improved that I’m able to model the early 40s cars within 3 hours (which features vestigial or fade-away fenders and more difficult to model), one of them is similar to 1940 Pininfarina Aprilia Cabriolet, where I had to use the images to model it.
First self-designed (60s) custom sports car body, it has Italian-influenced design.
First pickup truck modeled by me, similar to 1983-1988 Ford Ranger.
All body styles are modeled: sedan, coupe, hardtop, convertible, wagon, SUV, MPV, van and pickup truck.
40 cars modeled from November 2017 (including remodeled Skyline R32 and Eunos Cosmo), from early 1940s to present.

3 Likes

Wow, have fun skinning all of those at once :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m looking forward to seeing them at some point.

2 Likes

Well, all of my cars will not be released at once, as I have time constraints after new semester starts next week, so I allowed all modders (including you) to continue my cars from body boxes, morphing zones, skinning, UV unwrap, FBX/Unreal export, car/chassis data, bone limits, generate thumbnails (steps 3 to 15, except step 4 that I can apply by myself from Wiki) to share my mods, as my laptop is too slow to run the UE4 Editor.

4 Likes

9/1/2018 Status Update: Although new semester has started on 8th January, I’m still able to add some more variants (plus remodeling a planned Audi F103), as the classes are just an introduction on the first week.

2 Likes

5/2/2018 Status: I’m finally finished all of my exams and I went back home. Unfortunately, my laptop is no longer bootable due to hard drive fault two weeks ago, so technician offers me a 1TB replacement.
Anyway, I will travel to Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh, Mui Ne and Dalat) for 4 days and 3 nights, while my laptop undergoing repair.
3D Modeling Update: Unfortunately as I said above, all of my files I practiced on the laptop will lost, but luckily that car blueprints I have are still on my main desktop.

6 Likes

Let me guess. Stiction? If so, that sucks. bro. It happens when the air bearing that separates the platters on any HDD goes AWOL (as in missing), causing those to stick and scrape themselves, which in turn triggers all sorts of read\write errors and subsequent data losses, which mandates a suitable replacement ASAP. Now, if the tech that’s fixing your machine is offerng to upgrade said HDD to a larger one, GRAB IT because it will give your computer increased storage and performance. BTW, Check with your tech if those valued files can still be retrieved.
Bon voyage Bro!

4 Likes

After 19 months of final semester and co-operative education, I have finished those by May 2019, and I’m ready to show you the models I made.

40sAerodynamic

I decided to claim some missing cars from the list of Automation Missing Bodies (although I don’t use Discord), so there are 4 1940s bodies plus variants, but there are also my reworked first mod (sedan, coupe, convertible, wagon and MPV) and 80s van plus full-size variants (both of latter cars are compliant with Japanese 5 Number dimensions).

Developers and Modders, feel free to take my models, I have granted to you the rights to modify and export my cars to the game.

26 Likes

Can’t wait to see these vehicles on Automation soon! Nice job, fella.

3 Likes

is the first one a Traction Avant like thing O_O

1 Like

My first one is more like a ZIS-110 than Traction Avant.

still, Traction Avant could made out from this thing too I guess

but the hatchback one definitely screams M20 :smiley:

1 Like

-ZIS 110

• Mercedes 300 “Adenauer”
  • Tucker Torpedo
    -GAZ Pobeda
    -Chrysler Voyager
    -Talbot Tagora
    ? :slight_smile:
1 Like

Well, that van looks more like a Chevrolet Astro than a Chrysler Voyager. The 1940s aerodynamic isn’t look like a GAZ Pobeda, but it is more like a Tatra 600, and the Mercedes 300 is also available in coupe and convertible versions.

2 Likes

weird, the 40s aero fastback just screams M20 Pobieda/Warszawa to me, but I guess it’s just the point of being able to make it via fixtures, especially the super early models.

2 Likes

Am I right that You don’t have plans to export those cars to the game?

2 Likes

Wrong, I have plan to export those cars to the game, although not by myself as I have little time apart from making a car body and some variants, due to one of barista in my cafe will leave by the end of October.

1 Like

I decided to reorganize myself from first-party modder with help, to on-demand 3D car body artist, so that I can send my car models to developers to port it to the game (particularly those cars from the list of Automation Missing Bodies).
I actually have a Discord account, originally intended for CSR2 group chat, but I ended up unused it, so once the Lite Campaign V4 released, I may show some of those models again on Discord.

In the meanwhile, here are some models I want to show you.

I think Automation needs more cars from early years (between 1946 to 1950 in real life, available in Automation from start), so here are 40s Coupe/Convertible and 40s Large Sedan.
The 80s body I shown here is actually planned in the list, however, I also have sedan (shown above), coupe, convertible and van variants in addition to liftback and wagon.
Additionally, I also have a 90s Kei roadster that is in the list of Automation Missing Bodies.

20 Likes