Once More (Unto the Breach) [FINAL RESULTS]

Me when I’m supposed to be working on work due very soon. I’ll try to get some RP in over the weekend though.

2 Likes

Previous time block

Saturday, 4PM - 6PM Eastern Time

Legend of Terms:

POI NOTE: I will NOT be pre-warning of upcoming POI points. I will ONLY auto-stop teams for two things: fuel and, when completely exhausted, rest. Anything else you want (including tourist POI, restaurants, premature fuel, rest at any point before complete exhaustion), YOU need to PM me in advance (before I run the time block that you’d complete it in). Also, please don’t map out everything from here to the end in one PM… try to keep it within a couple time blocks. Remember: Tourist POI and sit-down restaurants (not fast food) give bonuses to morale and fatigue, but take some time. Tourist POI also give points to the POI award at the end.

BD: Block Distance. This is the amount of mileage covered during the current 2 hour period.
OD: Overall Distance. This is the total distance that the team has covered since the event started.
FS: Fuel Status. Approximate fuel reading on the vehicle’s fuel gauge.
MRL: Morale modifier
FTG: Fatigue Level
Last Town: Last town of note that was passed (will not include tiny villages)
Next Waypoint: Should be self explanatory.
Weather Condition: Current weather condition at the end of the time block.
Notes: Any notes I have for your team during this time block. Including POI results, car issues, etc.

VicVictory:
BD: 77 mi OD: 1630 mi FS: 2/3 MRL: +2 FTG: +0
Last Town: Jackson, MN Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Weather Condition: 90 degrees, clear
Notes: Team has stopped for dinner at Pillars Pub and Eatery in Jackson, MN. They are also going to spend an hour at Ashley Park (this will bleed into the next time block). ISSUE: car starts running quite rough as they pull into town. Team is starting to feel slightly fatigued. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

@Elizipeazie:
BD: 157 mi OD: 1555 mi FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: +6
Last Town: Sioux Falls, SD Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Weather Condition: 92 degrees, clear
Notes: Team has refueled in Sioux Falls, SD. Team is feeling a little tired.

@BannedByAndroid:
BD: 128 mi OD: 1561 mi FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: +7
Notes: ISSUE: During routine checks while refueling in Sioux Falls, team found a radiator hose that was near failure. Hose has been replaced, team is back underway. Team is feeling a little tired.
Ongoing issue: Vehicle is making a clunking noise from the front going over bumpy roads. SES light is on. Hesitation and misfiring; car cannot exceed 80 MPH.

@kobacrashi:
BD: 160 mi OD: 1617 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +0 FTG: +7
Weather Condition: 91 degrees, clear
Notes: Team is feeling a little tired.
Ongoing issue: Car is making a grinding noise when turning right.

@Madrias:
BD: 159 mi OD: 1628 mi FS: 3/4- MRL: +0 FTG: +6
Ongoing issue: Rattling noise in engine. Chip in windshield.

@mart1n2005:
BD: 151 mi OD: 1461 mi FS: 3/4+ MRL: +0 FTG: +7
Last Town: Chamberlain, SD Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Notes: Team has refueled in Chamberlain, SD. Team is feeling a little tired.
Ongoing issue: Jury-rigged RR suspension mount. Unknown how long it will hold. Transmission making low grumbling noise above 15 MPH.

@Mikonp7:
BD: 8 mi OD: 1537 mi FS: FULL MRL: +1 FTG: -5
Notes: Team has refueled in Sioux Falls, SD. Team is exhausted and has checked into the Days Inn in Sioux Falls, SD.

@Centurion_23:
BD: 164 mi OD: 1303 mi FS: LOW MRL: +1 FTG: +4
Last Town: Rapid City, SD Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Notes: Waypoint completed: Sturgis Motorcycle Museum. Team has passed into the Central Time Zone (ET-1). Team is feeling a little tired.

@Xepy:
BD: 170 mi OD: 1431 mi FS: 1/2+ MRL: +0 FTG: +6
Notes: Team has refueled in Murdo, SD. Team has passed into the Central Time Zone (ET-1). Team is starting to feel slightly fatigued.

@Private_Miros:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1471 mi FS: 3/4+ MRL: +3 FTG: -3
Last Town: Mitchell, SD Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Notes: Team has stopped for dinner at Marcos Pizza and a walk through Dry Run Creek Park. This takes the entire time block. Team is feeling slightly fatigued.
Ongoing issues: SES light is on, transmission slipping slightly.

@Boiled_Steak:
BD: 155 mi OD: 1420 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +0 FTG: +9
Notes: Team has passed into the Central Time Zone (ET-1). Team is feeling tired.
Ongoing issue: Slight hesitation at high speed. More pronounced now that the speed limit has increased.

@GetWrekt01:
BD: 172 mi OD: 1428 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +0 FTG: +5
Notes: Team has passed into the Central Time Zone (ET-1). Team is starting to feel slightly fatigued.

@Ryan93:
BD: 151 mi OD: 1167 mi FS: FULL MRL: +1 FTG: +8
Last Town: Sturgis, SD Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Notes: Team has refueled in Sturgis, SD. Waypoint complete: Sturgis Motorcycle Museum. Currently, team is taking a full POI break at this waypoint. Team is feeling very tired.

@Radster:
BD: 53 mi OD: 1467 mi FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: +5
Notes: ISSUE: The team refuels in Mitchell, SD. This time the starter fails completely. A new one has been obtained from a parts store, and repair is in progress. Team is feeling tired.
Ongoing issue: Unreliable starter (REPAIR IN PROGRESS).

@SkylineFTW97:
BD: 153 mi OD: 1379 mi FS: 3/4+ MRL: +0 FTG: +6
Last Town: Murdo, SD Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Notes: Team has passed into the Central Time Zone (ET-1). Team has refueled in Murdo, SD. Team is starting to feel slightly fatigued.

@Caligo:
BD: 173 mi OD: 1379 mi FS: 3/4 MRL: +0 FTG: +9
Last Town: Murdo, SD Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Notes: Team has passed into the Central Time Zone (ET-1). Team has refueled in Murdo, SD. Team is feeling tired.

@Keikyun:
BD: 155 mi OD: 1265 mi FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: +5
Notes: Team has crossed into the Central Time Zone (ET-1). Team has refueled in Chaimberlain, SD. Team is feeling a little tired. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

Vehicles that are traveling in packs:
1379 mi - DMV, Menderson
1420 - Aria, Kiaqua
1428-1431 mi - Kuma, Vector (CB only)

Note: vehicles within ~5 miles of each other are within CB range. Group chats via social media are available.

Team Greasy Lightning

BRAAAAAAP

After letting go a mighty belch, Fuzz turned to his sister and exhaled slowly, forcing the cloud of Buffalo Sauce stench to drift her way. Other diners were casting dirty looks their direction, but they didn’t care.

“Rude,” she wrinkled her nose at him.

“Flavorful,” he corrected.

Rick shook his head and took another sip of beer. “It wasn’t even that good. I give it maybe a five.”

“No way! That was at least a 7!”

“Nope. Too short, your pitch was all off, and there was just no flair to the whole thing.” Rick lifted his glass and took a large gulp, intentionally forcing down a swallow of air with it. He placed the glass back on the table, then held his finger aloft.

Fuzz crossed his arm and smirked. There was a minute of silence. “Uh, huh,” he started. “That’s what I…”

BRAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaAAAAAPPPPPPPP!

Fuzz almost fell backwards out of his chair when the cloud of pilsner fumes overwhelmed him a moment later. “Okay! Okay! I give up!”

Jen laughed. “You boys are amateurs. Let me show you how…”

Both men, in unison, shook their heads and shushed her.

“What?” she grinned. “Can’t handle the idea of being beaten by a girl?”

“Oh, I know you’ll do it. And then you’ll be burping up little bits for the rest of the night, and I don’t wanna hear that when we’re in the car,” Fuzz explained. “Seriously, it’s like listening to little clips of a walrus dying. With sounds and smells to go with it.”

4 Likes

OOC: You mean 1428? :thinking: got me confused for a sec

Yes. Obvious typo has been corrected. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Team Tiger Trouble

Warning: This one’s extra long because I’m introducing a character for the future. Whether or not he shows up in this run entirely depends on whether I make it to the end. That said, please enjoy this extended length post.

This time, when the three stopped for gas, Kayden headed inside to pay for their gas, and to pick up some snacks and drinks for the road. With the Traville gassed up, and Jaden driving, it left Kayden and Kaylie more than enough time to try the various items that Kayden had grabbed.

“Okay, so far, these cheese curl things are a bit… I don’t really like them.” Kaylie said, passing the bag up to Kayden and Jaden. Kayden responded by passing back a bag of gummy worms, then opening the bottle of cola and drinking about half of it.

Nova, despite her previous warning that she wouldn’t be paying attention to his nanites, piped up with, “Don’t pass that to either of your siblings. That drink contains the same two primary compounds that were in the coffee earlier, though in much lower quantities, but there are additional additives that may alter the known effects. Despite the reduction in quantities, this drink is affecting you at a greater intensity than I would have predicted.”

Kayden looked at Kaylie, who looked disappointed at the realization that the delicious smelling cola was completely off-limits. “Fine, but I will find something interesting in this bag of snacks, and I’m thirsty.” Kaylie grumbled, before grabbing the bottled water and the turkey jerky.

Jaden decided to take a chance, letting go of the steering wheel with one hand in order to try the cheese curls. “I don’t know, they’re not all that bad. A bit unusual, but not bad.”

Kayden finished the bottle of cola, then had a look of pure misery on his face after Jaden hit a pothole. “Twin Suns, Jade, try not to drive through road craters.” Kayden growled, trying to ease the rather intense discomfort he was feeling. Suddenly, and without warning, as Kayden took a deeper breath, Jaden hit another small pothole, and the trapped air caught Kayden as he was about to growl at his brother. Instead of a loud, but contained growl, the belch rattled in his throat, producing a tremendous Tiger’s roar, louder than any Kayden had ever done before.

“By the Seven Sisters, Kayden, my ears are ringing!” Jaden yelled, barely able to hear himself after Kayden’s unexpected roaring belch.

“I feel much better now.” Kayden said, as the trapped air was certainly quite gone. “And believe me, that could have been a lot worse.”

“How could it get worse than that?” Kaylie asked.

“I know people who could have done actual damage to the car because of that.” Kayden mentioned, as Jaden shook his head.

“I have a hard time believing that Mal could do worse, Kayden.” Jaden said. “Two heads isn’t necessarily going to make him any louder.”

Kayden laughed, then said, “No, Mal isn’t the one I was referring to. The Hybrid who travels with him, if he drank that stuff, might have shattered the windows.”

“How in the name of the Seven Sisters can he break glass?” Kaylie asked.

“Some idiot mixed up four races worth of genetic material. He can vocalize in any of the various long-range ways of those in his blood. So, he can roar because he’s a quarter Leoni, and he howls because he’s a quarter Khalan. But he’s also a quarter Drakian, so he’s got the ability to use powerful resonant notes that, on occasion, give him the ability to shatter glass, break crystal, things like that. Technically, he could learn to weaponize that, but he has no need to.”

Jaden asked, “Why not?” At the same time, Kaylie asked, “What’s that last quarter, then?”

Kayden smiled, then answered with, “That last fourth is Malurian.”

Jaden gave a look of horror, and Kaylie’s ears went pale. After a few moments, it was Kaylie who spoke first, with a half-breathless oath, “Twin Suns. How did they get one of those involved?”

“It’s from his actual birth mother. The Humans and the Malurians look the same, and apparently, the only difference is that the Malurians have some kind of mind powers. He didn’t pick up much of their abilities, but, he has a very strong command of fire.” Kayden replied.

“Seven Sisters and Twin Suns.” Jaden said, giving a fearful look at Kayden. “Whoever did that created a monster.”

Kayden laughed before responding, “If you ever meet him, don’t say that to him. His name, it translates from Leoni to mean ‘Chimera’ and he went out of his way to shorten it to get away from being called a monster, even indirectly.”

Kaylie puzzled over it, then smiled. “I know a little bit of Leoni. Kivenaal. ‘Beast-of-Many-Parts’ specifically, but the humans have mythology for a Chimera, a beast formed of many other beasts.”

Kayden nodded, then said, “He shortened it to ‘Kiva’ in order to hide the meaning. Still doesn’t help him with his looks. The humans have a lot of great mythology, and if you combine enough, you can describe him quickly. He’s effectively a demon werewolf, with a lion’s tail that ends in venomous spines. Horns and all, so he used to get called a ‘Hellhound’ quite often.”

“Please tell me he’s not all red?” Jaden asked.

Kayden chuckled, then used Nova’s handheld to show his siblings a holographic image of Kiva. The Hybrid stood in the image in cowboy boots, a duster, and the iconic cowboy hat, his black fur occasionally streaked through with dark red stripes, and his hat showing his horns poking through, his lion’s mane a tangled black mess, and his tail curled loosely behind him, the tail tuft looking almost like a lion’s, except that the ‘fur’ looked more like porcupine quills. In his right hand, however, was a ball of reddish orange fire, and he stood staring at the camera with a grin, as if he was amused about something.

“I assume his style of clothing is normal somewhere?” Jaden asked, seeming a little thrown off by the strange Hybrid.

“He told me he’s a fan of a type of movie, called a ‘Western.’ This is him when he’s feeling ‘normal’ out in public.” Kayden replied.

“Strange, but oddly appealing.” Kaylie commented, only for Kayden to shake his head.

“No, Kaylie. He’s not your type, not unless you like practical jokes and pranks. He’s a known trickster, and I’m honestly quite surprised he hasn’t done anything while we’re here.” Kayden replied.

6 Likes

Previous time block

Saturday, 6PM - 8PM Eastern Time

Legend of Terms:

POI NOTE: I will NOT be pre-warning of upcoming POI points. I will ONLY auto-stop teams for two things: fuel and, when completely exhausted, rest. Anything else you want (including tourist POI, restaurants, premature fuel, rest at any point before complete exhaustion), YOU need to PM me in advance (before I run the time block that you’d complete it in). Also, please don’t map out everything from here to the end in one PM… try to keep it within a couple time blocks. Remember: Tourist POI and sit-down restaurants (not fast food) give bonuses to morale and fatigue, but take some time. Tourist POI also give points to the POI award at the end.

BD: Block Distance. This is the amount of mileage covered during the current 2 hour period.
OD: Overall Distance. This is the total distance that the team has covered since the event started.
Notes: Any notes I have for your team during this time block. Including POI results, car issues, etc.

VicVictory:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1630 mi FS: 2/3 MRL: +1 FTG: +3
Weather Condition: 86 degrees, increasing clouds
Notes: Team has spent an hour at Ashley Park. The car refuses to restart after the park. Team is presently replacing a failed distributor. Team is starting to feel slightly fatigued. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

@Elizipeazie:
BD: 153 mi OD: 1708 mi FS: 2/3 MRL: +0 FTG: +8
Last Town: Albert Lea, MN Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Weather Condition: 83 degrees, light rain, dark clouds ahead
Notes: Team is feeling tired.

@BannedByAndroid:
BD: 151 mi OD: 1712 mi FS: 1/2+ MRL: -1 FTG: +9
Weather Condition: 78 degrees, rain, lightning visible ahead
Notes: Team is feeling a very tired and will auto-stop next time period unless otherwise specified.
Ongoing issue: Vehicle is making a clunking noise from the front going over bumpy roads. SES light is on. Hesitation and misfiring; car cannot exceed 80 MPH.

@kobacrashi:
BD: 152 mi OD: 1764 mi FS: 3/4+ MRL: -1 FTG: +9
Weather Condition: 76 degrees, light rain
Notes: Team has refueled in Albert Lea. Team has passed through a thunderstorm. Team is feeling very tired, and will auto-stop next time period unless otherwise specified.

@Madrias:
BD: 74 mi OD: 1702 mi FS: 1/2- MRL: +2 FTG: +2
Last Town: Albert Lea, SD Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Weather Condition: 83 degrees, light rain, dark clouds ahead
Notes: Team stopped for dinner at Pillars Pub in Jackson, MN. Team is feeling a little tired.
Ongoing issue: Rattling noise in engine. Chip in windshield. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

@mart1n2005:
BD: 154 mi OD: 1615 mi FS: 1/4 MRL: -1 FTG: +9
Notes: Team is feeling very tired and will auto-stop next time period unless otherwise specified.
Ongoing issue: Jury-rigged RR suspension mount. Unknown how long it will hold. Transmission making low grumbling noise above 15 MPH.

@Mikonp7:
BD: 8 mi OD: 1537 mi FS: FULL MRL: +1 FTG: -8
Weather Condition: 88 degrees, clear
Notes: Team is asleep at Days Inn in Sioux Falls, SD.

@Centurion_23:
BD: 156 mi OD: 1459 mi FS: 2/3 MRL: +0 FTG: +5
Notes: Team has refueled in Murdo, SD. Team is feeling tired.

@Xepy:
BD: 178 mi OD: 1609 mi FS: 1/4 MRL: +0 FTG: +9
Last Town: Rapid City, SD Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Weather Condition: 87 degrees, increasing clouds

@Private_Miros:
BD: 170 mi OD: 1641 mi FS: 1/3+ MRL: +0 FTG: +3

@Boiled_Steak:
BD: 155 mi OD: 1568 mi FS: FULL MRL: -1 FTG: +11
Weather Condition: 88 degrees, increasing clouds
Notes: Team has refueled in Sioux Falls, SD. Team is EXHAUSTED and will auto-stop in the next time period.
Ongoing issue: Slight hesitation at high speed. More pronounced now that the speed limit has increased.

@GetWrekt01:
BD: 166 mi OD: 1594 mi FS: 3/4+ MRL: +0 FTG: +8

@Ryan93:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1167 FS: FULL MRL: +4 FTG: -8
Notes: Team has stopped for dinner at One Eyed Jack’s Saloon, then checked into the Super 8 motel in Sturgis.

@Radster:
BD: 122 mi OD: 1589 mi FS: 2/3 MRL: -1 FTG: +8
Notes: Team has finished replacing the starter. Team is very tired, and will auto-stop next time block unless otherwise specified.

@SkylineFTW97:
BD: 158* mi OD: 1537* mi FS: LOW MRL: -2 FTG: +9
Weather Condition: 87 degrees, clear
Notes: Just before end of the time period, the temporary repair on the radiator gives out. Team is currently 2 miles west of Sioux Falls, waiting for a tow. (The mileage marked will be post-tow. Team has no spare radiator and will have to wait for parts stores to open in the morning in order to repair). Team is feeling tired.
Ongoing issue: Radiator failed, team has to wait for parts stores to open.

@Caligo:
BD: 165 mi OD: 1544 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: -1 FTG: +12
Weather Condition: 87 degrees, clear
Notes: Team is EXHAUSTED and will auto-stop next time period.

@Keikyun:
BD: 155 mi OD: 1587 mi FS: 1/2 MRL: +0 FTG: +6
Notes: Team is feeling tired. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

1379 mi - DMV, Menderson
1420 - Aria, Kiaqua
1428-1431 mi - Kuma, Vector (CB only)

Note: vehicles within ~5 miles of each other are within CB range. Group chats via social media are available.

Team Greasy Lightning

“What the shitballs kind of whack-ass crap is this?” Fuzz cursed as the replacement distributor failed to slide down all the way for the 7th time.

Jen laughed at her brother’s misfortune. Rick, at least, was a little more helpful. He had pulled up a Keystone enthusiast’s forum online, and was reading a thread on 80’s V6 distributors.

“Have you checked the alignment mark on the tube versus the one under the cap lip?” he asked.

“For the fifth time, there is no mark! Yargh!” Fuzz popped out of the engine bay, setting the replacement part on top of the intake manifold before the urge to yeet it into the park took hold of him. He took a moment to calm down, breathing deeply and flexing his fingers as he paced around the crippled Senator.

Rick shrugged. “I can only tell you what I see. I mean, they say the point timing mark is 90 degrees off from the body alignment mark.”

Fuzz narrowed his eyes. “There are two marks? Is there a picture?”

“Yup.” Rick held out his phone.

Fuzz screamed in anguish. He snatched the distributor up, popped off its cap, and shoved it in Rick’s face. “This. This is the mark you kept telling me to line up,” he pointed to a mark on the rim. He then pointed to a small, round, smooth spot on the shaft of the distributor. “This looks like a casting mark to me. But it’s the damned alignment mark? What the shit is…”

He growled, snapped the cap back on the distributor, and rammed it down the tube, this time falling into place without an issue.

“Hey,” Jen snarled. “It’s not his fault. He’s trying, but he’s not a mechanic. He’s just learning all this stuff.”

Fuzz sighed. “I’m sorry. I just… I really hate goddamned distributors. I’m glad modern cars don’t have them anymore.”

He ran the plug wires and coil wire back to the new part, and plugged them all in. Without an ounce of further drama, the Keystone roared to life as Rick turned the key.

Some of you may notice a speed drop once you get into Minnesota. This is due to a reduction of the speed limit. It will only get slower from here, ladies and gents… with the large population centers of the upper Midwest and East Coast looming…

4 Likes

Team Tiger Trouble

It was Jaden who decided to stop in at Pillars Pub, hooking the car into the parking lot and quickly getting it parked, shut down, and getting everyone out of the car.

“About time you stopped for food.” Kayden said, before the three of them headed inside. They were seated at a table, and after a few minutes of looking at the menu, Kayden knew what he wanted. He talked to Kaylie and Jaden about their choices, and when it was time to take their order, Kayden smiled before saying, “We are aware of how this is going to sound, but I assure you, we are serious about this. We would like to get 120 buffalo wings, and we’ll need drinks to go with that. I would like a cola.”

Jaden said, “Just water for me. I’m not up for trying unusual drinks right now. That coffee this morning gave me a thorough thrashing.”

Kaylie studied the menu a moment longer, then said, “I’m feeling bold today. I’ll try this ‘beer’ stuff.” When she was asked for proof that she was over 21, Kayden laughed. “The three of us haven’t been 21 in a long time. She’s my twin sister, and I’m 67 by our years. Over a hundred by yours. And if it helps any, she’s the older between the two of us.”

“By seven minutes!” Kaylie said, with a half-hearted kick under the table. In the process, Kayden used a bit of sleight-of-hand to pass Kaylie the ID that Nova had just finished printing up, and she held it up for inspection. Satisfied, the server headed off to get their drinks ready, and to get their wings going.

When the drinks arrived, Nova spoke up and gave Kaylie a fair warning. “That beer is what the humans call ‘alcohol’ and is commonly related to lost inhibitions, acts of stupidity, and vicious headaches the following morning. It does this to the humans. While we have similar beverages, and this one is milder compared to our drinks, you have never had any alcohol.”

“Thanks for the warning, Nova, but I think I can handle one little glass of beer.”

The wings arrived, and the three Tigrilans quickly dug in. All three of them were quite impressed by the bite-sized chunks of chicken, covered in spices that made their mouths tingle and their eyes water, with a crunchy center. It didn’t take long for them to clear the first plates, and by then, all three were in need of a refill on their drinks. Kayden had figured out how to belch without roaring in the process, while Kaylie was starting to show signs of being inebriated.

The second set of plates arrived, along with their drinks, and the cycle started over again, only briefly interrupted by their server letting them know, “Traditionally, you’re not supposed to eat the bones.”

When all the wings were gone, Kayden paid the bill, finished his glass of cola, and got up. Jaden, similarly unimpaired, got out of his seat, then helped to get Kaylie on her feet. Kaylie, intending to thank her older brother for helping her up, instead unleashed a roaring belch into his right ear, then broke into hysterical giggles as Jaden, in his moment of shock, yelled back to her, “Now my other ear is ringing! Twin Suns, having younger siblings is dangerous.”

They returned to the car, with Kayden taking the wheel, Jaden in the front seat, and Kaylie in the back. Once they were back on the road, however, Nova warned Kayden, “Your perception of time and speed is skewed. You probably shouldn’t be driving, but I believe that Jaden is too impaired from road fatigue, and Kaylie clearly is intoxicated. You are perceiving time at a decelerated rate, as if the world around you is in slow motion. I would recommend a reduction in speed before you attract the attention of this area’s Warriors of Justice.”

Kayden slowed down, setting the cruise control to maintain the speed limit.

4 Likes

MEANWHILE AT TEAM Gizzle

After a long and exciting day, Zack and Jayson are lying down in the (shared) Super 8 Motel bed. Tired, but happy as can be, they talk about that day. They share the opinion of the current day currently being (and possibly remaining to be) the best of the roadtrip. Not only because Zack could enjoy the fun in the staff room and Jayson managed to write some more lines. But the two cisited TWO Museums ona a single day while in a race.

Z: Oh boy i am full! I haven’t had something this good in ages. Today was awesome. Told 'ya the Bike Museum was better than the car one.
J: Yeah man, best day ever!
Z: Too bad i probably won’t see Marie ever again. But what does a girl bring if i just had the best burger in the history of… EVER!
J: And your best mate JayZ, right?
Z: Don’t go overboard, kiddo… Bros before Hoes or what’s your philosophy?
J: Exactly! Did not expect bikes to be this awesome. And did you see how the cashier looked at us? I Prolly am the biggest fucker in town.
Z: [confused] Whatever… i just wanna sleep and maybe check the car tomorrow. You better get up early then.
J: OHFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK!!! THE BEANS ARE COMING!!!
Z: It’s already getting smelly here… Get a move on!

Jayson bolts off onto the bathroom. Not much later, Jayson has an extreme case of explosive diarrhea. Zack plops into the bed with a shit-eating ear-to-ear grin and quickly falls asleep.

to be continued

4 Likes

Previous time block

Saturday, 8PM - 10PM Eastern Time

Legend of Terms:

VicVictory:
BD: 147 mi OD: 1777 mi FS: LOW MRL: +0 FTG: +7
Last Town: Rochester, MN Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Weather Condition: 66 degrees, light rain
Notes: Team has finished distributor repair. Team has driven through a moderate rainstorm. Team is feeling very tired. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

@Elizipeazie:
BD: 120 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +1 FTG: +11
Last Town: Lacrosse, WI Next Waypoint: Toledo Ironworks Heritage Museum
Weather Condition: 65 degrees, light rain
Notes: Team has driven through a small thunderstorm. ISSUE: car is making a clunking noise from the front end, and occasionally the steering wanders. Waypoint complete: Red Cloud Park. Team is extremely tired, and has stopped for the night at the Hampton Inn in LaCrosse, WI. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

@BannedByAndroid:
BD: 116 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +1 FTG: +11
Last Town: LaCrosse, WI Next Waypoint: Toledo Ironworks Heritage Museum
Notes: Team has driven through a moderate thunderstorm. Waypoint complete: Red Cloud Park. Team has stopped for the night at the Hampton Inn in LaCrosse, WI.

@kobacrashi:
BD: 64 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +2 FTG: +1
Notes: Waypoint Complete: Red Cloud Park. Team has stopped for the night at the Hampton Inn in LaCrosse, WI

@Madrias:
BD: 140 mi OD: 1842 mi FS: 2/3 MRL: +1 FTG: +6
Notes: Team has driven through a moderate rainstorm. Team has refueled in Rochester, MN. Waypoint complete: Red Cloud Park. Team is feeling tired. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH

@mart1n2005:
BD: 90 mi OD: 1705 mi FS: FULL MRL: +1 FTG: +6
Notes: Team has refueled in Albert Lea, MN. Team has stopped for the night at the Best Western Plus in Albert Lea, MN.

@Mikonp7:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1537 mi FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: -10
Weather Condition: 72 degrees, clear

@Centurion_23:
BD: 153 mi OD: 1612 mi FS: 1/4 MRL: +0 FTG: +7
Weather Condition: 66 degrees, cloudy
Notes: Team has refueled in Murdo, SD. Team is feeling very tired and will auto-stop next time period unless otherwise specified.

@Xepy:
BD: 159 mi OD: 1768 mi FS: 2/3 MRL: -1 FTG: +11
Notes: Team has refueled in Jackson, MN. Team has driven through a moderate rainstorm. Team is feeling exhausted and will auto-stop next time block.

@Private_Miros:
BD: 157 mi OD: 1799 mi FS: UNKNOWN MRL: +0 FTG: +5
Notes: Team has driven through a moderate rainstorm. ISSUE: The climate control system, power windows, and power locks have all failed. All digital readouts in the gauge cluster have failed (leaving only speedo and odometer working), and the radio will light up but not play. Team has refueled in Albert Lea, MN, estimating that they had sufficient left. Team is feeling tired.

@Boiled_Steak:
BD: 53 mi OD: 1621 mi FS: 3/4 MRL: +1 FTG: -1
Notes: Team has stopped for the night at the AmericInn in Jackson, MN.

@GetWrekt01:
BD: 156 mi OD: 1750 mi FS: 1/3+ MRL: -1 FTG: +11
Weather Condition: 67 degrees, light rain
Notes: ISSUE: SES light has turned on. Team is exhausted and will auto-stop next time block.

@Ryan93:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1167 FS: FULL MRL: +4 FTG: -10
Weather Condition: 73 degrees, clear
Notes: Team is asleep at the Super 8 motel in Sturgis.

@Radster:
BD: 32 mi OD: 1621 mi FS: 1/2+ MRL: +1 FTG: -6

@SkylineFTW97:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1537 mi FS: LOW MRL: +0 FTG: -4
Weather Condition: 67 degrees, cloudy
Notes: Team has received its tow and has checked into the Days Inn in Sioux Falls.

@Caligo:
caligo
BD: 99 mi OD: 1643 mi FS: 3/4 MRL: -100 FTG: +7
Last Town: Sherburn, MN Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Notes: Team has refueled in Worthington, MN.
CRITICAL FAILURE: Driver pushed too far fatigue-wise. Driver falls asleep at the wheel, departs the roadway to the right side just east of Sherburn, MN, and rolls multiple times. Among the team, there is one fatality, one critical injury, and one serious injury.
FINAL MRL/FTG: -94 (Seriously, death and maiming) / +41 (Extreme exhaustion)

@Keikyun:
BD: 153 mi OD: 1740 mi FS: LOW MRL: +0 FTG: +6
Notes: Team is feeling very tired, and will auto-stop next time block. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

Team Greasy Lightning

(Team is planning their overnight stop, probably in the next time block)

Some of you may notice a speed drop once you get into Minnesota. This is due to a reduction of the speed limit. It will only get slower from here, ladies and gents… with the large population centers of the upper Midwest and East Coast looming…

5 Likes

Team Tiger Trouble

Kayden yawned as they left the gas station, the long hours of driving wearing on him just a little. In the back, Kaylie was no better, still completely plastered from the beer a while ago. Nova had assured her brothers that she was fine, but that their kind took longer to sober up than the humans did, and they served their drinks in larger glasses than was traditional back home.

Jaden looked to Kayden, then asked, “Anything on your mind?”

“Perhaps a little bit of friendly revenge. My battle brother’s team smeared something foul on our car, and I’d like to… Well, I don’t really know.” Kayden replied.

“You said Kiva’s a trickster and that he does practical jokes and pranks, right? Why not go the mercenary route and contract out this revenge?”

“I don’t suppose there’s anything wrong with that. I think Nova would have said something if involving others in a prank was against some sort of rules or social code.”

Nova spoke up with, “It depends on the prank, whether it is part of a prank war, and any rules of engagement that were set up before the first prank.”

Kayden replied, “I wasn’t informed about any rules of engagement.”

“Then contracting a prank is within the rules for your particular situation. Would you like me to contact Kivenaal and ask for his assistance?”

“No, I’ll do it. You alert Mal that we need to borrow Kiva a moment, so he needs a ship.”

“Message sent. Hunter and Forsaken Sky say ‘Hello’ for some strange reason.”

Jaden looked puzzled, before Kayden explained, “Hunter is Mal’s AI, like Nova is for me. Forsaken Sky is Mal’s ‘ship.’ That said, having his own battle station means that calling it a ship is like calling an airship a balloon.”

Just then, Kayden got a call. He tapped on Nova’s screen to answer, and Kiva immediately spoke, his voice a little bit deeper than the average person, with a slight musical hint to it.

“Kayden, Mal just told me to pack a bag and get on board the Polar Star to head to Earth, but he won’t tell me why.”

Kayden laughed, then said, “He won’t tell you why because he doesn’t know. I need your help.”

“Well, hopefully it’s not fighting help. I’m good, but right now, my tail is a bit… weak. I was sparring with Mal, and, well, you know how he recovers from everything stupid fast. So I tried to distract him by using the venom, but he didn’t seem to be affected by it.” Kiva replied.

“He was, he just had his pain tolerance adjusted after you stung him with those spines the first time.”

“Well, he told me that if I ever tried it again, he’d tie my tail in a knot, so I won’t be testing that theory. But if you need a fighter, I can get Mal.”

“No, we actually have need of your services.” Jaden explained.

“Oh, you need someone pranked. Or just a really good distraction? Are you planning a bank heist, because I can’t be involved in anything illegal, you know.”

Kayden laughed, then replied, “No, we’re in a road rally in junkyard cars. Perfectly on the legal side, other than a little speeding. One of the other teams smeared something horrible on our car. We would like to have our revenge.”

Kiva laughed, and he responded, “And you want me to go in blind? I mean, I can do something to every car in a parking lot, but it’d be a lot easier if I knew who is gonna get it.”

“I’m sending you a link to the Social Media chat room. The team in question is called ‘Greasy Lightning.’ I leave it up to you on what to do.” Kayden said, before ending the call. “Nova, send Kiva a link to the chat room.”

“Link sent.”

“And how is the car doing?” Jaden asked.

Nova hesitated, before replying, “No news is good news?”

Kayden slapped the armored chassis attached to his right arm, then said, “Nova, you’re a Level 7 AI, don’t play stupid. We know metal shavings in the oil are bad, and we know you were analyzing the oil and contamination to find out what is wrong.”

Nova replied with, “I hate saying this, but I couldn’t determine what the problem is. I checked the metal composition against the known Sinistra engine teardown and service manual, but this blend is not part of any known Sinistra bearing material. If I had to guess, this engine may have been rebuilt with aftermarket parts, and bearings installed that do not match the service manual.”

Despite being quite drunk still, Kaylie said, “So, what is the most common failure of this particular Sinistra engine?”

“That would be the crankshaft main bearings.”

Kaylie responded, “I liked you better when you were giving good news.”

In the Chat Room

UNREGISTERED_PARTICIPANT: When the shit hits the fan, the room gets messy. Someone is signed up to get a present.

4 Likes

I knew this was coming - they kept on driving for so much longer than advisable that they literally couldn’t cope with the strain. Also, this might be the first time anyone has been killed outright while competing in any of your challenges if I am not mistaken.

1 Like

Team “Buy Skyrim”

On the road, the Hessenburg is not really what Vincent, Naomi or even Nathan expected. The car seems gone from bad to worse, and they can’t do more than 80 mph for some reason. Naomi then complained about the car’s issues, and on the lunch break she bought a pair of headphones for that reason.

5 Likes

Team Rockport

Situation Report

It’s been quite a while since the duo has started their journey for Red Cloud Park. Although driving in a straight line is very fun and efficient, the fun part only sticks for an hour or two at most. And after driving hundreds of miles like this, Leo and Zack are both exhausted and have started to lose their minds. They’ve also noticed the SES light being on. Having no prior experience with other Vector cars of this age, and considering this is a road car version of a racecar, they decided not to come into conclusions just yet. Right now they’ve decided to stop at Stewartville in America’s Stay inn and meanwhile get their engine checked by a professional mechanic.

4 Likes

You are correct on both counts there. But, when I processed his submission, I told him there would absolutely be fatalities if he crashed that thing. Just keeping up my end of the bargain… er… threat…

6 Likes

Previous time block

Saturday, 10PM - Sunday 12AM Eastern Time

Legend of Terms:

VicVictory:
BD: 141 mi OD: 1918 mi FS: 1/2 MRL: +0 FTG: +10
Last Town: Wisconsin Dells, WI Next Waypoint: Toledo Ironworks Heritage Museum
Weather Condition: 58 degrees, cloudy
Notes: Waypoint complete: Red Cloud Park. Team has refueled in LaCrosse, WI. Team is checking in at the Staybridge Suites in Wisconsin Dells at the end of this time block. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

@Elizipeazie:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +0 FTG: -9
Last Town: Lacrosse, WI Next Waypoint: Toledo Ironworks Heritage Museum
Weather Condition: 57 degrees, cloudy
Notes: Team is asleep at the Hampton Inn in LaCrosse, WI. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.
Ongoing issue: Clunk in front end, wandering steering

@BannedByAndroid:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +0 FTG: -9
Notes: Team is asleep at the Hampton Inn in LaCrosse, WI.

@kobacrashi:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/3 MRL: +0 FTG: -8
Notes: Waypoint Complete: Red Cloud Park. Team is asleep at the Hampton Inn in LaCrosse, WI

@Madrias:
BD: 76 mi OD: 1918 mi FS: FULL MRL: +1 FTG: +2
Notes: Team has refueled in Wisconsin Dells, WI. Team has stopped for the night at the Staybridge Suites in Wisconsin Dells. TEAM MORALE IS HIGH

@mart1n2005:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1705 mi FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: -8
Notes: Team is asleep at the Best Western Plus in Albert Lea, MN.

@Mikonp7:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1537 mi FS: FULL MRL: +1 FTG: -8
Weather Condition: 58 degrees, clear

@Centurion_23:
BD: 93 mi OD: 1705 mi FS: 3/4+ MRL: +0 FTG: +8
Notes: Team has refueled in Jackson, MN. It took nearly the entire time block to get to Albert Lea and check in, due to lane closure from the Menderson van accident. Team has checked in to the Best Western Plus in Albert Lea, MN

@Xepy:
BD: 60 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 1/2 MRL: +0 FTG: +1
Notes: Waypoint complete: Red Cloud Park. Team has checked in to the Hampton Inn in LaCrosse, WI.

@Private_Miros:
BD: 119 mi OD: 1918 mi FS: UNKNOWN MRL: +1 FTG: +7
Notes: Waypoint complete: Red Cloud Park. Team has stopped for the night at the Staybridge Suites in Wisconsin Dells, WI
Ongoing issues: SES light is on, transmission slipping slightly. Climate controls, power accessories, gauge cluster, radio not working.

@Boiled_Steak:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1621 mi FS: 3/4 MRL: +0 FTG: -8
Weather Condition: 56 degrees, cloudy

@GetWrekt01:
BD: 5 mi OD: 1755 mi FS: FULL MRL: +1 FTG: -7
Last Town: Stewartville, MN Next Waypoint: Red Cloud Park
Notes: Team has refueled in Stewartville, MN. Team has stopped at the America’s Stay Inn in Stewartville, MN.
Ongoing issue: SES light is on.

@Ryan93:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1167 FS: FULL MRL: +0 FTG: -10
Weather Condition: 60 degrees, clear
Notes: Team is asleep at the Super 8 motel in Sturgis.

@Radster:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1621 mi FS: 1/2+ MRL: +1 FTG: -9
Notes: Team is asleep at the AmericInn in Jackson, MN.

@SkylineFTW97:
BD: 0 mi OD: 1537 mi FS: LOW MRL: +0 FTG: -7
Notes: Team is asleep at the Days Inn in Sioux Falls.

@Keikyun:
BD: 88 mi OD: 1828 mi FS: 3/4+ MRL: +0 FTG: +4
Notes: Team has refueled in Rochester, MN. Waypoint complete: Red Cloud Park. Team has checked in to the Hampton Inn in LaCrosse, WI TEAM MORALE IS HIGH.

Team Greasy Lightning

(In the parking lot of the Staybridge Suites)

Jen: Hey, isn’t that the car of those Tiger guys?
Fuzz: Yup.
Jen (peering closer): Huh. Cat whiskers next to the headlights. Kinda looks like… DAMMIT FUZZ
Fuzz cackles and runs into the hotel

[/quote]

5 Likes

Team Tiger Trouble

Kayden pulled into the parking lot at the Staybridge Suites, shutting off the rattling Sinistra before getting everyone out of the car. Kayden grabbed both of his suitcases, and Jaden grabbed his and Kaylie’s, as she was still recovering from the beers earlier.

After getting checked in and settled in their room, Kayden got in contact with Kiva. “My current location is our stop for the night. Keep an eye open for our friends in the Keystone, and be prepared.”

“Gotcha, loud and clear. I’ll find a safe place to land, get my stuff, and await further information on their location.” Kiva replied. In the background, Kayden could hear a keyboard clicking away, and Kiva muttering about “…Background, I’m thinking, maybe 770066. Text, that should be much less agreeable at FFFF00.”

Kayden shook his head, then asked, “Kiva, what in the name of the Seven Sisters are you up to?”

“Oh, shit. I thought I ended the call. I’m… Redecorating. You know, the website you sent me to?” Kiva replied.

“Really? Why am I not surprised you’re up to no good?”

“Hey, if it throws off the scent, so to speak, of the warning I left earlier, then I see no reason not to do this. Plus, it’s not as if their IT department can’t undo everything I’ve just done.” Kiva replied, a ringing musical chuckle in his voice.

It was a while later that Jaden noticed the Keystone arriving in the lot. “Go-time, Kiva. They just arrived.” Kayden said. Kiva laughed, then headed to their location as quickly and silently as Mal’s borrowed shuttle would let him. He watched as Greasy Lightning headed into the hotel, landed the ship, and got out, carrying his bag of gift wrapping paper, tape, and several yards of ribbon. He waved the ship off, and watched as the Polar Star slid silently back into the sky, knowing it would be in orbit for his use later. At least, he certainly hoped so.

The Hybrid moved quickly between the cars, as quietly as his cowboy boots would allow. His cowboy hat sat with the brim tilted down, blocking the light from hitting his vivid purple eyes, not wanting to give away his position if someone heard the noise. His duster kept him cloaked in the darkness, but he waited until he couldn’t see Greasy Lightning in the lobby before making his next move. Kiva tipped his hat back, letting the light reach his eyes as he got out the rolls of wrapping paper and the tape. He’d barely gotten the first strip of tape and paper in place before his tail, twitching with amusement, hit a nearby SUV and set off the car alarm. “Sun and Moon!” Kiva hissed under his breath, moving to hide behind the Keystone, and taking his wrapping job back there as well. “They should be glad I’ve got the spike-proof bag over it, or they’d have four flat tires. Either turn it off or answer it, you twit.” Kiva grumbled. When the truck stopped wailing, Kiva continued his wrap job.

“Over the windows we go. Christmas Tree racing stripes.”

4 Likes

Team “Buy Skyrim”

After they have checked in the Hampton Inn, they ate dinner, and then proceed to rest and sleep in the hotel at approx. 9:30 PM.

NAOMI: Well, it’s a nice meal, huh? Wanna go for something fancier next time?

VINCENT: Yeah. Sure.

But at 11:30 AM some person broke into the inn’s parking lot and stole the car, yet nobody saw the car was gone. Meanwhile the team is sleeping.

4 Likes

TGGBA: SHITBOX CRUSADERS

cba rp for past few days, school etc, so here comes a lazy multiple one

They wake up.

E: “Yuri… something’s not right about her.”

later…

D: “The engine is taking very long to start, and seems to sputter a lot.”
H: “I think something is off with fueling system.”

laterer…

H: “The fuel pump is dead.”

fuel pump changed
much laterererer…
E: “Is that the box van, tipped over?”
Y: “I think… someone died! They are being carried in the bodybags!”
E: “DAMN! looks away
H: “I think I should rest soon.”

4 Likes

… uh… wut?

4 Likes

The story isn’t quite finished yet, expect a plot twist soon.

(back on topic)

Team “Buy Skyrim”

By that point the car was being stolen, the car suddenly won’t move due to the thief didn’t know how a manual transmission work. At the same time 2 security guards saw the car’s lights turned on and proceed to approach the car. The thief immediately turned off the car’s lights, and promptly ran away with some tools.

Several minutes after the guards came to inspect the car.

GUARD 1: looks at the car with the door open Well, that guy just…left.

GUARD 2: Alright, at least nothing’s being stolen anyway.

The guards left. All that’s left is the car, with a broken window, broken driver door lock and a jammed passenger rear door due to the thief’s clumsy actions while evading the guards.

Back at the room… (Yup, This is legitimately a room from the hotel itself)
Vincent then woke up after he heard some car alarm sounds and some light. He then tries to not wake up Naomi that slept on his side, and approaching the room’s window.

VINCENT: yawns What the fuck is that?

Naomi then woke up, lies in her bed and saw Vincent staring at the window.

VINCENT: Darling, what’s happening?

NAOMI: saws the lights and alarm goes off IDK, maybe it’s someone else which has a much faulty car then us. I’m pretty tired now, can you let me sleep?

VINCENT: Sure.

Naomi then proceeds to sleep, and then shortly after Vincent went back to his bed and slept. But nobody knows that a thief tries to steal their car but failed at that time.

5 Likes