Ongoing projects

OK, so I’ve got my head around badges and am now feeling adventurous! :laughing:

First Order Engineering, a subsiduary of First Order Automotive, have started work on towbars and I’m quite pleased with phase 1.

Still trying to get my head around materials and numbers but things are progressing.

I’m hoping at some point in the future to start work on bullbars…

6 Likes

I’m so going to put this on my pickup!

with your earlier post about toeing things i was expecting you were going to add hitches which i wouldve preffered

Now I can make official Airborne technical car xD

I could see the use for these! Something nice and simple, and yet useful to break up the back of a car with a ‘towing package’ setup.

Erm, what’s the difference between a hitch and a towbar?

This is a hitch

It allows for various size hitch balls like this

To be mounted in them and they usually come with the electrical plug to power the trailer lights. I usually see these on cars more often than a solid mounted hitch ball.

So you want a hole in the back of the car?

Either way, my G-Series trucks will get a lot more useful

Since you’re on that, how about a series of Off-road fixtures :open_mouth:

If it looks like a hitch then yes.

Only problem is that it tries to deform to the bodywork…which buggers up the electrical sockets!

I’ve got a large and smaller towbar to be able to cater for different size vehicles.

If you were inclined to make different generations of light bars in the future, I imagine there would be a demand.

Lightbars that are generally found on top of a 4x4 already in progress…as erm…wings!

Still trying to figure out materials…and thumbnails!

I’ve also been looking at pictures of winches…

5 Likes

Pretty cool, I had more of a police light bar in mind but that is impressive. I can see them on my Stag Pickups.

Yes! I like it! If you would also like to make a push-bar that would be great as well! Off-road truck packages her we come!

The list contains emergency services lights, bull/push bars and a winch(as previously mentioned).

I do have one more thing in mind…but it’s complicated so I will keep it a secret at the moment! :laughing:

Well, if you’re up for a challenge, I wouldn’t mind trunk-mounted spare tires.

I will add it to the list.

Be warned that I do tend to flit from one thing to another…my tow bars aren’t complete yet but I went to roof lights. :laughing: :laughing:

Not a problem. I can understand skipping between projects, actually.