Operation Granny Mover Completed

“Lady” Almorra Palpatine, herein known as Granny, is looking for a new car.

Or should we say – Granny is looking for a new car and nothing that First Order Automotive have, in its inventory, is “just right”.

Granny is existentially OLD and likes “That nice Terry Wogan”, “easy listening” music and playing Bridge with friends. Car wise she likes Bentley, Rolls Royce and anything that Vanden Plas had a hand in.

So, you may be asking, what exactly does Granny want from a car? We asked her, and she told us the following. Now if we were nice to you then we’d translate it all from Gran-speak….but we’re not!
1. “Has to look right!”
2. “Too many buttons on cars these days!”
3. “Rheumatism is awful at my age.”
4. “Enough seating for Ethel, Beryl and Doris.”
5. “I AM A PENSIONER AND NOT MADE OF MONEY YOU KNOW!!”
6. “Aren’t parking bays getting small these days.”

Budget – < $22,000 with 30% markup.

Premium unleaded preferred.

Model – Any year but consider safety.

Trim – 2017

Naming – Model & Engine family – Gran + username

Judging will be done using the categories above. Points will be awarded for each (see FYI below). Granny will look at each car and allocate a score. Granny’s decision is final.

Granny isn’t a real “Lady”….she just has delusions of grandeur!

FYI………If Granny doesn’t think the “look is right” then she won’t look at the rest of the car.

Challenge ends at 23:59:59 on 25th of March…anything recieved after this time will not be judged.

Now have a scoring system in place! :slight_smile: But it won’t be revealed until the challenge is over.:smiley:

I’m also reviewing as they arrive so the reviews should go up pretty quickly after the deadline with the final decision a short while later.

Entrants so far…
@VicVictory
@HighOctaneLove
@F17Francesco
@Leedar
@doncornaldie
@Newtonmeter
@Dorifto_Dorito
@Leonardo9613

10 Likes

Tizona. Life Elevated.

Leather-appointed interior. One-touch power moonroof. Automatic climate control. Eight air bags. Smooth, responsive V6. Comfortable ride and precision handling. Not a list of features you would expect for under $20,000.

But that’s because compromise is not in our vocabulary. Nor should it be in yours. Tizona.

Coming soon to your local Townsend dealer. 2017 Townsend Tizona LS in Pewter Satin. MSRP $19890 as shown.

3 Likes

Presenting the 2017 Bogliq Bastion Luxe!!!

Designed to re-create the lost glories of The Empire, the 2017 Bastion Luxe is crafted from the finest steel, aluminium and leather available to provide the discerning buyer the finest automotive experience. Eschewing the untrustworthy technologies of the future, the Luxe provides a reassuring sense of stability in an otherwise anarchic present.

This theme continues inside with traditional leather seats and wood panelling in the door-trims and dashboard. Four sculpted seats await your patronage, with plenty of storage solutions about the cabin. The stereo features an intuitive series of knobs; no buttons to be seen here! There is plenty of room behind the rear seats yet the overall dimensions means that parking a Luxe is a dream come true…

So, how much would you expect to pay for all this largesse?

:scream: $19,890 :scream:

Don’t hesitate, restore the old order of things in your driveway today!

Buy better, buy Bogliq

3 Likes

Gold!!!. Funniest ever moment of top gear…inconti seats

Hey now, are you trying to copy my price? Lol

Raziel ANICE

All the space you need in under 4 meters 19370$

This "thing can look massive but is small, all the car is shorter than 4 meters and the reduced overhang make it easy to drive and park. Bumper reinforcement make this car perfect even for the city.

3 Likes

Wow, that’s an interesting challenge here. It being 2017, and she asking for a tall car means I’ll offer her a Baltazar SUV.
Since there isn’t a Captur-sized body, I’ll have to offer her a Kilimanjaro.

1 Like

Pure luck old bean! I felt that 20K was a nice ceiling for Gran and stayed under it… Bogliq would never conduct industrial espionage :wink:

2 Likes

The Boyd Regal

Inspired by the classics. Comfortable leather appointed interior, advanced safety suite, 9-speed automatic for quiet and economical cruising, ample power to safely overtake the riff-raff.

RRP $19,890

4 Likes

Introducing the Cornaldie Automotive Espada

MSRP: $21970

3 Likes

Ekhm…

Could you please consider changing this name?

2 Likes

This is the all new National GT with the superb EfficientBoost 2.5L R6 enine.
This car is not the cheapest contender, but it consumes less than 6L/100km so Granny will save with every drive.
It has 6-Gear Torque converter Automatic, AWD and a Hydropneumatic suspension.
This car is only 1.9m wide and 4m long. So it is no problem to find a nice parking spot.

When Granny opens the Dors she finds premium seats and a easy to use Infortainment system.
This car has 111kw and Torque curve flat as the netherlands.

3 Likes

38% efficiency? Is that even possible?

Sure even more if i would use qualtity slider. Now they are all at 0

1 Like

damn, that’s a first for me so kudos on the engine design.

With quality sliders even 48 or 49% is possible. But what about the “Espada” name?

2 Likes

JHW Countryman. Simple, Comfortable, Honest Motoring.

2 Likes

You know, i kinda wanted to make a challenge like this so i made a test car…heck i didnt realise how useful it would be :joy:

#Nohda Blues: The ultimate Granny Mobile…

All the way from Japan, heres a small, efficient car, with lots of space in the back, and nice comfy seats with not many buttons for you and your bingo friends, the Nohda Blues. For only $17,420

*Note, this car is equipped with Nohda’s TVEC engines, so it watch out around 6000rpm since TVEC will kick in yo, and you’ll beat all v8 mustangs in a drag race…probably

3 Likes

The best option for the elder driver from the Baltazar range is this, the Kilimanjaro 2.0 BX.

This is the base version of the Kilimanjaro with the 163 hp naturally-aspirated 2.0 inline 4 engine, with a simpler stereo system than the SX trim.
Yours for $20,610.
7 seats and AWD are available as options from the SX trims and above.

6 Likes

Is this challenge still alive?