PETSAMIA - 2020
Welcome to the beautiful Baltic nation of Petsamia! Here in this country of just under 2 million people, you’ll find a countryside of pristine, ancient forests; the beautiful coastline of the Baltic Sea; and, in our towns and capital city Kauiglinn, well preserved old towns documenting our part in the unique history of the Baltics. Please, have a wonderful visit, and be sure to come enjoy our hospitality again!
The year is 2020, and the government of Petsamia is looking to replace its legacy fleet of state cars. They need several full-sized luxury cars similar to the S-class sedans of its Baltic neighbors, to perform the usual duties of an official state car. But…they’re also looking for motorcade escorts, official cars for each of the 12 counties and their governors, and even a few parade cars for the military. With a large number of cars to be replaced, money is tight, and Petsamia doesn’t have a large budget to begin with, so the government is looking for a cost-efficient and comfortable car that stands out from their counterparts. They intend to buy stock cars only - any needed modifications (eg. bulletproofing) will be done in Petsamia itself.
And so, the Petsamian government is asking you, automakers of the world, to give them your best offer.
- Unlike much of the former Soviet Union, the Baltic states have modern and well-maintained roads (including Petsamia).
- Road infrastructure is underdeveloped though, so most of the driving will be in/around the major cities and towns.
- Winters in Petsamia can be cold, with a lot of snow - high reliability is a necessity!
- Living standards in Petsamia are good and comparable to the rest of the EU, but its still a tiny country with a correspondingly tiny budget.
- EU automotive standards, such as for emissions and noise, apply to Petsami as well.
- Fuel grades in Petsamia are 95 RON and 98 RON.
- 2020 trim/variant year.
- 4-door body (no utes).
- No less than 4 seats.
- Minimum wheelbase of 2.8 m - this is a luxury vehicle after all.
- No convertibles - you can’t bulletproof those!.
- No race or hand-made parts - these are stock luxury cars meant for comfort.
- 95 or 98 RON fuel.
- 3-way catalytic converter.
- No loud engines, the quieter the better.
- Max ET of 180 for both trim and variant.
- Soft limit of $80,000, hard limit of $85,000 - lower is better to some extent, I’ll leave it up to you to figure out how much better. Value is the key here.
- Realism in design and styling.
- Balance and realism in design (not minmaxed)
- Value (the cost of the car versus its performance)
- Styling (its a state car, its gotta look good!)
- Fuel consumption
- Fuel grade
- Service costs
- Environmental resistance/corrosion
- Submissions open at 00:00 (12:00 am) EST, October 19th
- Submissions close at 23:59 (11:59 pm) EST, November 1st
- You may submit an unlimited number of times before the end date.
- Be sure to send me a list of your mods, if you are using any.
Use the following naming scheme for your submissions:
- Engine family: PDC11 - [Your forum username]
- Engine variant: [Your engine’s name]
- Car name: PDC11 - [Your forum username]
- Car trim: [Your car’s name]
Submit your .car file to me over PM here. When submitting, please post an ad for your car on this thread as well. Of course, effort will be rewarded!
Now, good luck competitors, and have fun!