[PDC] Political Design Challenge Round 2: Cold War Special [ENTRIES OPEN]

The car just wouldn’t sit still either, by the time I’d got everything set up, the car had gone off the start line towards the first jump by itself

I think I’ll host 3 rounds and then pass it on, just to try and break it in as I have a couple ideas for the next few rounds

YEEHAW! It’s Time For Round 2!

Regulations:
Max Price: $40,000
Max Trim ET: 100
Max Trim PU: 105
Max Engine ET: 105
Max Engine PU: 50
All Race Parts and Limited Production Parts Are Banner

Naming:
Car: Model: PDC R2 [Username] Trim: [Car Name]
Engine: Family: PDC R2 [Username] Variant: [Engine Name]

Please PM me the car file, as I had one which was posted as an ad, but not sent last round!

Entries Will Open On Friday 29th November
They Will Close On Friday 6th December

Brief as image is unclear: Year is 1972, build truck for US Army, needs to seat at least 2 troops, Graded on Offroad (30%), Reliability (25%), Safety (20%), Economy (5%), Environmental Resistance (5%), Comfort (5%), Styling (10%)

The picture is extremely hard to read due to the colors
Can you possibly post what is says in a quote box or something?

1 Like

Year is 1972, build truck for US Army, needs to seat at least 2 troops, Graded on Offroad (30%), Reliability (25%), Safety (20%), Economy (5%), Environmental Resistance (5%), Comfort (5%), Styling (10%)

1 Like

The US Army will most likely have to scavenge substandard fuel to keep their vehicles running - as such, low quality unleaded fuel (85 RON) should be mandatory.

also who’s entry wasnt submitted properly last time? (ive a suspicion it was mine because i couldnt stand to look at my entry, it was that ‘substandard’ in my eyes)

I feel it should be tuned to run high RON fuel as then it is easier to use different fuels as upon deployment they would have high quality fuel (well as high as it is at home) and then would have to gather what they could

Yes,yours

So, regular, or super unleaded?

I would think the vehicle should be tuned to regular unleaded. That way, it could always run on higher RON if it is available, but it’ll drive fine on the normal stuff.

I hear y’all like teasers.

1 Like

I was waiting for entries, but I guess I’ll go first then;

Knibbs LMC72 General Purpose

[Information redacted]

(until after entry closing)

3 Likes

do we still need to send in a fixtureless version for beam?

To quote; “No beam tests this time round”

You know, being able to read the actual deign brief is quite important. What part of that image is at all readable.

I put an outline on it so it was more readable, and believe it or not, that’s the most readable colour I used

And if you scroll up to the 2nd message after the brief, I have typed it out again (shorthand) for those who can’t read it

I mean you used a white outline. If you want it to be readable use black outline with a white text.

EDIT: Also edit the first post with the version you typed out so people looking at the design brief will see it. I didnt notice you typed it out below.

How unlucky, I’ve missed the first round of this challenge. :frowning:
May I participate in the following rounds? This army truck project sounds interesting!

1 Like