Pikes Peak Automation Hill Climb 2015 [RESULTS]

Like I said. My driver will have a grin on his face as he’s plummeting to his death.

Okay so far, so good people, I’m getting the entries coming in for most of the classes, but HighOctaneLove’s open entry is looking pretty lonely! I don’t want to have to merge entries, show some love!

I shall enter one of my petite FWD hatchbacks into the Open class to keep HighOctaneLove company.

EDIT: while I’m putting together my wrong-wheel drive weapon, is the “no race exhaust” rule a holdover from the pre-turbo Automation days, or does a naturally aspirated car actually have some sort of advantage on this track that I haven’t figured out yet?

They already struggle to be competitive against a little I4 with a huge turbo strapped to it - in future maybe carbon fiber bodies should be outlawed instead. I find it a bit odd that you can run a purpose-made one-off carbon fiber monocoque but aren’t allowed to weld a bunch of pipes together to make a manifold.

Yeah the no race exhaust is purely a throwback from the other leaderboards, as race exhaust specifies you can’t mass-produce (i.e. machine assembly) the car. That being said, you can’t mass produce a cf car with a bespoke chassis and like 3000 production units anyway…

I’m going to reconsider that rule down the track and ask the other leaderboard hosts whether they agree it should be revised.

HYPERSPEED Auto Garage is going to enter in 4 or 5 classes (including Open class :slight_smile: ) with a bunch of lil hatchbacks, all powered by naturally aspirated 2.4 i4’s.

I tought about making a fun-entry with a 1 litre engine for Production class, but it’s so much slower then my decent version… :laughing:

Fun entries are always welcome, as are a variety of approaches, but yes, since you only get one entry per class, it’s up to you.

I currently have 10 cars sitting in the garage awaiting testing. I will attempt to get through them tonight, before I am away for the next three days!

Which categories are lacking in participants? I have one last slot to use and am having a difficult time deciding.

I am already entered in production, tuned, vintage, heavy and unlimited.

It’s the Open class, i.e. the one that is equivalent to the “Production” class in the various leaderboards currently.

[size=150]EDIT: Please note, be extra sure to check your reliabilities meet the minimum targets! For some reason, I’m getting quite a few entries that appear to have ventilation set to 0. Your car will blow up![/size]

The power just came back on! And with plenty of time to spare. I’ll get back to work on my car. Hopefully you lot didn’t get too far ahead of me

Hooray! The more the merrier!

We have one week left! Time for me to start prepping the cards. In the meantime, keep entering!

For those of you who are representing a team or a company, if you would like your company/team logo on the card, could you please post it here? It’s not necessary to pm because you can’t attach images to pm and its a pain in the ass to open a zip for just an image.

So, quick question about quality sliders? I only see mention in the Time Attack (Production and Tuned) of any quality restrictions. Is this correct? So if it isn’t directly mentioned, it is not a restriction? Because you know an E30 is going to show up if this is the case! :wink:

[size=50]You might have destroyed the E30 LS7 M, but there are plenty of E30 M3’s left!![/size]

And Vintage Class must be 1989 or older for both chassis and engine, yes?

Yes to all your questions! If its not mentioned, its not a rule. Just, as before, make sure your cars have enough ventilation for reliability to reach minimum (over 0 for most classes aside from TAPC and TATC).

MORE ENTRIES PEOPLE!

Expect an E30 M3 with a V8 swap in it soon then!!!

Two days to go for entries people! Some of the classes are still a little underfilled!

I have two entries from one user to look at, and one entry has failed inspection pending review. For those of you who have something in the works, don’t forget to submit!

Damn it! I need to hire Sonic the Hedgehog as a mechanic! Gotta go fast!

Entries sent, let the insanity begin XD

1k plus hp in a bus… van… falling wagon of death… see you all in the afterlife.

1st ever contest car sent.
This will be my official Shaqtin’ a fool debut :smiley:

Woah woah the entries are flooding in now haha. That is to be expected of course.

New entries will remain open for another 24 hours. After that, I will close new entries, and finish reviewing the entries already sent. If those do not qualify but were sent in before closing date, don’t worry, you will have time to revise them.

After that, I will endeavor to have the trump cards out on the 8th. Results will follow on the 10th.

EDIT: Users who have submitted entries that I have yet to verify:

8bs
MITTNACHT
Lothoren
Razyx
BlastersPewPew
rileybanks (new and amended)
EnryGT5
Jastrzab1984
nialloftara
JasonPoland (received)
ashleyblack

I will try to get a couple cars in. I have a couple ideas I’m going to work on after work and breakfast. If can get them to a position I’m happy with ill send them in. That will be about 12 hours from now.

Maybe i can send you the Zeus… can you wait 12 hours?