Purchasing Department

Warning this contest is deliberately intended to be vague. The organizations do exist in real life even though the scenario is exaggerated significantly.

RFB (request for bid)

New Mexico Tech needs 10 new trucks for its EMRTC division.

Requirements
Color: white
Four wheel drive
Automatic transmission
Tow package

Thank you for your time
Swivel chair Sammy
NMT purchasing

The rest of the rules
Year 2017
Emissions overview tab less than 400.
Safety >= 40
Steet legal
At least a 30% markup.

Submission format (the standard)

Model: NMT username
Trim: Car Name

Engine: NMT username
Variant: Engine name

In the body of the PM please list you company name and the price for all 10 trucks.
Basically this would be considered a sealed bid process

Deadline for submissions extended to Jan 10 12:00am Mountain time

4 Likes

one question, can we submit a slightly older model (like a 2014 or so) saying it’s still in production at the time of sale?

Yes

1 Like

:astonished::cold_sweat::disappointed_relieved::cry::sob::dizzy_face:

12 Likes

What will decide on a winning truck? What factors are they judged on? [quote=“Zabhawkin, post:1, topic:19266”]
Four wheel drive
[/quote]

could I ask you to be crystal clear on this? AWD, or 4x4 or both?

As it has gone through the purchasing department (aka somebody who doesn’t have a clue) those factors are deliberately left vague. There are hints in the OP on how to find out more information, part of the challenge is figuring out what will be the judgement criteria.

2 Likes

Blast resistance? :joy:

http://www.emrtc.nmt.edu/index.php/home

Ah this has more merit than at first glance

This got my interest, I’m in, but will only send a entry closer to the deadline.

I should probably add some federal standards

Emissions overview tab less than 400.
Safety >= 40

3 Likes

Something else on your mind there?

4 Likes

Wait hold on, WE get to set the mark-up?

i may just have the ticket for this.

maybe

Send me a “bid” for what you want for 10 trucks.

As well as the trucks for evaluation

For what I understood, it’s like the bidding that public companies need to do to buy something. They need a truck with at least the needs states, so they’ll ask the companies to send what they have and for what price they sell 10 of them.

Exactly, for state entities for large purchases it is a requirement by law.

So wait, there is nothing stopping me from selling at small-margins or at no cost, or even at a loss? I don’t get it.

Nope.

Though now I am thinking of putting a cap on that to keep someone from just donating trucks to win which does occasionally happen but would screw up this competition. Ill think about it and post soon, though I am open for suggestions.

1 Like

Maybe a “suggested” minimum markup value would do? Mainly so people don’t sell super expensive vehicles at less than production costs?

1 Like

That’s what I thought, something like +30% markup, maybe

1 Like