Razyx's mods

Can we get a small variant that would be more of a hot rod style?

3 Likes

The big :nose: (hmm not a bad name).

TY. I’ll tell you that a 12L v12 with short stroke fits on it (the wheelbase is longer than e.g. the Toronado).

I think is the narrower thing which I’ve worked with…, IDK if a v16 will fit there and, some engines with turbos won’t fit.

Don’t know till trying it, setting up the lua file and see what would happen.

9 Likes

Hmm… Trying to think if it’s possible to squeeze 1000 horsepower out of a v12 that size…

2 Likes

Is it based off a Renault.

Clooose!!.

Citroën Traction Avant.

7 Likes

The wide grille reminds me more of a Renault Nerva Grand Sport
Maybe with some Peugeot 601 thrown into the mix.

4 Likes

You know, that’s a real nice looking car. It’s simple, but classy.

1 Like

It’s a good angle. From most other perspectives these 1930s big Renaults look oddly proportioned. Not to mention the weirdly 1920s looking wheels.

1 Like

Oddly!!!, oooddly… hmmm :smile::wink:

A pity that we can’t see that inline 8.

That front end would have helped in an ease modelling, but the Avant means a lot for the automotive history.

3 Likes

Holy fuck, that means the Caterham is possible

Possible, I guess, but then we would have to see the numbers and how behaves…and aesthetically speaking might be a monster.

Caterham is not possible. The Traction Avant has no visible suspension and the fenders are directly attached to the body. The issue with this body remains the narrowness of it, and that things can clip through the area where the fender and engine bay connect.

4 Likes

Ok, maybe a true Caterham is not possible, but I don’t think an experienced modeler would have a hard time creating something that imbued the essence of a Caterham.

You would end up with a downsized Le Man’s car, so just a Radical.

1 Like

Donkervoort (sp?) anyone? FR layout. The radical is MR.

1 Like

Rim offset, anyone?, a cra**y try but…

4 Likes

The issue I would see with that when making a proper caterham is the platform would be very narrow, meaning you’d have problems fitting an engine.

2 Likes

Wheel offset is an idea I’ve toyed with, but we simply don’t have the suspension systems to do it properly. An idea I’ve had for offroad designs is to line the wheelarches in transparent lips to allow for offset beyond the visible body.

The only engines that would fit would be small inline models and I want to put in a v12 for fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Jesus Christ, why not a Caterham that will have wider front to cover suspension and only wheel arches visible? :stuck_out_tongue: