Shuto C1 Loop v1

Race the streets of Tokyo in this popular highway route used by street racers in the day.

Appears in: Wangan Midnight series, Tokyo Xtreme Racer series, Gran Turismo Sport and a popular mod for Asseto Corsa

4 minutes on this course is on par for very fast cars. The very fastest break 3:30. Do you think you have what it takes to master this track? It comes down to nothing more than experience. Go ahead, see what you can do.

Requested by @Deskyx

== Changelog ==
v1: It’s a little long (about 2.9m).

== Download ==
Blue C1.zip (53.9 KB)

3 Likes

Yesss… Thank you so much maaann… I highly suggest renaming it to Shuto C1 Loop tho, would cause less confusion.

Done. Any more info I can add? Which game it comes from, etc?

It’s a popular highway route used by street racers in the day.

Appears in: Wangan Midnight series, Tokyo Xtreme Racer series, Gran Turismo Sport and a popular mod for Asseto Corsa

Video game drive:
AC

WMMT

IRL Drive:

IRL Map:

Personal note: If you’ve played WMMT, you’ve noticed that the route goes through Yaesu and then returns back to C1 so it’s abit more than 14 km.

4 minutes on this course is on par for very fast cars. The very fastest break 3:30.

1 Like

As a street circuit unlike other street circuits (and one which I have actually either driven, or been driven on), this is a breath of fresh air; it is comprised entirely of freeways instead of narrower surface streets. In fact, parts of C1 may have inspired the layouts of Special Stage Routes 5 and 11 (especially the longer full course of Route 5, as well as its shorter Clubman configuration) from the Gran Turismo series.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought I recognized the shape of it from driving on Special Stage Route 5, the Clubman in Gran Turismo 4.

In fact GT was not the first game with a track inspired with the C1 Loop. Its influence was actually first seen in Ridge Racer, where various tracks across the whole franchise (such as Seaside Route 765 from the original and Midtown Expressway from Rave Racer) incorporated sections of freeways which bore a strong resemblance to the C1 Loop. In addition, the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series (except for the Drift spinoff, which used mountain roads instead) also featured the Shuto Expressway.

1 Like