The 2000 Taxi challenge

It’s alright. Take your time with the challenge, don’t worry about it while you’re helping your dog through this. Hoping that all turns out well for both of you, I know how awful it can be when your dog is suffering.

2 Likes

Yes, thanks for these warm words. I love my cars, but what I love even more more has four paws and barks. I would even sell my S-Class Benz if necessary to save their life (really serious dog treatments are expensive as fuck, but my veterinarian (and like most here in Germany) offers fair payment conditions and that has never be a reason not to go to the doctor if needed).

its a mix of Labrador and Terrier, its an adopted street dog who starved and has been tortured and therefore his health is always not the best. Now its the teeth, they are worn out and in a very bad state as that dog had to eat everything that was in front of him to survive - so he has also frequent problems with the stomach although he as an age of only four years (estimated by the veterinarian). He refuses to eat unless I give him mashed food and he has fever as his teeth are inflamed again.

I remember picking him up in Romania, some cruel people jammed his tail in a car door and dragged him over the asphalt for a long distance. I have seen him almost dead and now these feelings come back again and yes, I am happy to have a boss who understands that.

I have already lost a dog (a beautiful but also very protective German Shepherd lady) to manipulated lure meat (didnt pay attention at night, there was no street light so I noticed it after the dog ate it) and she died painfully from inner bleedings, her eyes always begging me for help so I am really in an exceptional state when my pets suffer. She was always treated bad and rejected from former owners, mainly because she was difficult to handle for people that know nothing about these dogs, I was the fourth in only four years. When she passed away aged 5, she had only one happy year. But at least she did have a happy year so this makes me somehow able to get along with that. Fuck that makes me cry.

I have a second dog (also adopted), she had four broken legs as she as been tortured with an iron pole, but otherwise she has only minor problems as she lived only a short time on the street.

I dont go to work since wednesday (thank god my boss has also a dog and he understands) and so he got all the care needed, including painkillers and anti-inflammatory injections. All I need to do from now on is giving him some extra love. I will rush a CSR entry now and then start making the excel table. Brace yourself for some Beam screenshots of your car being driven hard.

2 Likes

that is really sad to hear…
I have never seen such torture done by Romanian people
Rest in peace

Not all Romanians are bad people. It’s very different with dogs there, there are homless dogs everywhere and not all are friendly. Life is hard there…

Now, I made some first drives. I started with a quite accurate Mercedes W202 replica on a W203 body.

2 Likes

E-Mail from some important Anhultz employee:

Dear [insert preferred gender] [Insert last name],

we would like to inform you that if the three test vehicles sent are, the testing customer has to pay them full-price unless it can be proven to be accidental or the vehicle damage does not render the vehicle “totaled”.

This does not apply to vehicle #3 as it has been sent for crash testing purposes.

Yours Sincerely,
[some generic Dutch name]

2 Likes

Don’t worry. We only crash the car that we sent over the torture road before. So there is only one car to write off. The rest will be unharmed.

1 Like

@all

I think this challenge will need a lot of time.
I mean… back in the good old days I always knew it I was driving a VW Golf, a Renault 11 or a Fiat Ritmo or anything else.
Since 1990 the cars became more similar, now its not really a difference if I sit in a VW Golf or Renault Megane rental car. The same happened to Automation: The BeamNG overall driving score is very similar on many cars, making it hard to tell which one is best and how good others are in relation.

I do not want to throw away that judging part, but also I do want to give fair and flawless judging. This means I am driving the cars over and over again to be able to find the small differences.

Take your time. Our cars are already submitted lol. I’d rather have a thorough critique done than have someone gloss over my car quickly for the sake of time.

same, id rather have someone mention on how unusual my cars look rather than just judge them by their engine, or looks or stats alone

As this needs really a lot of time I have something to do for you in the meantime, I hope that makes the waiting more bearable and less boring.

Look here.

(dunno about the number of entries, but still: two weeks of it being at idle while having another challenge in progress in parallel)

1 Like

dead challenge?

1 Like

Two weeks and nothing, ouch

he said he would return to this…
it shall happen

1 Like

make that…

FOUR WEEKS

1 Like

C’mon guys… he made it clear that he’s going through some stuff right now. Passive aggression isn’t gonna solve anything.

4 Likes

I thought it would be not fair not to give you a lifesign.

Video

2 Likes

posting this alone has already given me hope!

Nyoooooommmmm

The current update ruined the scoring statistics, have to recalculate as I did not include two (!) of the entrants by accident, I overread the PMs. So this would be unbalanced … need to check the drivability, comfort etc. scores of all entrants again. Nargh. But this challenge is back at 80% progress after that then.

4 Likes

wait is the second one the back of one of my entries?