The BRC is dead... [NEW CHALLENGE DISCUSSION]

This is gold. All of it. Community Challenge 2.0, achievement unlocked… and a few other trendy terms you can come up with.

I have no idea how this works, so I will just be sitting here, resting my light head on my arms, waiting.

My god, this will be good!

My gosh this is just too exciting! I know it wont be ready for a while but I’m so excited I’m going to start work on a car right now that I can adapt to rules later

After nearly one week of no work on the BRC, here is a little update: Just a quick presentation of slightly random laptimes and braking into and out of corners (this time in realtime): Youtube Video

I think I am posting this on behalf of very many.

I’m soon starting to develop the AI for the challenge, and therefore I could need your help! If you want to support this challenge, please build cars to the following rules and send the .lua file to me in a PM. This will help to work out how a pretty close competition is simulated. Thanks in advance!

(this is not a real challenge yet)

Rules**
[ul]
]Year 2015 (both chassis and engine)/:m]
]max. engine capacity: 2000 cc/:m]
]no turbos/:m]
]maximum tyre width 245 mm/:m]
]tyre profile height at least 30%/:m]
]tyre quality 0/:m]
]total weight at least 1000 kg/:m]
]reliability > 0/:m]
]maximum total cost $10.000/:m]
]mods downloadable in the 3d Artists Modding Forum allowed/:m][/ul]

Martin, I think you might want to edit the last point of the rules. I mean, the Beta forums are technically the part of the official Automation forum.

Yeah, of course not the beta part :slight_smile: I just wanted to say that the used mods have to be on the Automation forums, not on AutomationHub or not published at all.

I am not sure what you mean by tyre profile height 30 %, but I will do it anyway!)

Tire size is presented in the following format ###/## R##.

Ex: 255/20 R16

The second number is the dimension of the sidewall as a percentage of the width. The width being the first number.

Thanks, trackpaduser! I feel enlightened and smarter! :sunglasses:

I’ll kick off the test competition entrance list with this l’il beastie…

It is the Bogliq Dolphin AE and fingers crossed it’ll take out the Test trophy for it’s inaugural year! :smiley: :sunglasses: :smiley: :sunglasses: :smiley:

Quick question: do we get to know what affects tyre wear? Is it the detailed stats or more directly related to our setup? E.g. things like the tyre load stat and wheelspin penalty, or how aggressive our camber is, tyre quality and size?

I’ve got a car ready, a race version of my 2015 Wirraway. Interestingly incredibly toned down to enter this race haha. Let’s see how she does

So far I have the following things on the list (front and rear tyre wear are calculated independently):
[ul]]camber/:m]
]under-/oversteer factor (understeer affects front wheels more, oversteer rear wheels)/:m]
]tyre compound/:m]
]wheelspin stat or maybe tyre grip compared to actual transmitted forces for driven wheels/:m]
]overall driveability (tameness vs. sportiness)/:m][/ul]

The wheel load stat says if tyres lose contact to the ground in the moose test, so this one is not really suited for tyre wear calculations.

Further suggestions are welcome!

looking forward to this

Did someone say “Super-hot Hatch”? The Proxima is ready to hit the track!

[quote=“Der Bayer”]

So far I have the following things on the list (front and rear tyre wear are calculated independently):
[ul]]camber/:m]
]under-/oversteer factor (understeer affects front wheels more, oversteer rear wheels)/:m]
]tyre compound/:m]
]wheelspin stat or maybe tyre grip compared to actual transmitted forces for driven wheels/:m]
]overall driveability (tameness vs. sportiness)/:m][/ul]

The wheel load stat says if tyres lose contact to the ground in the moose test, so this one is not really suited for tyre wear calculations.

Further suggestions are welcome![/quote]

You know what I completely forgot to ask about? Weight distribution! I know that partially factors into the understeer/oversteer, but not entirely.

p.s. okay throwing this one out there. I thought of it as ‘If Mazda made the 3MPS an MR hatch…’

So I’ve sent in a test vehicle… It’s a 2015 Tishillyman Atata Whippet I cooked up in few minutes. It gib 4.14lt/100km! :smiley:

I assume you are OK with multiple entries for this because it is just testing