Home | Wiki | Live Chat | Dev Stream | YouTube | Archived Forums | Contact

The BRC is dead... [NEW CHALLENGE DISCUSSION]

Here is my entry, the Legatum Elara R-Proto:

Exactly 1000kg and 290+ hp of pure awesomeness! :smiley:

New video with a few smaller improvements and a first performance benchmark of your cars: Youtube Video

Feel free to send in revisions of your cars if you are not happy with the performance! :slight_smile:

The video is marked as private D: I can’t see anything!

Oops, fixed :slight_smile:

YEAH. EAT THAT ENRY-

I mean, nice race! :stuck_out_tongue: Looks like many of us pitched our economy to last an entire 50 lap race, and Norman’s AWD system proved quite advantageous. I think I will work on some tweaks (or a total change of approach), in anticipation for the change!

Wow… good test for the Znopresk Zenith X
I was the only one with AWD system?

Team “Brotzeit” is taking it slowly and does not care for competition. We are here to chew gum and test tire compositions. Wait, we are all out of gum… :cry:

So THAT’s what it looks like to be so far down the charts in car quality! :open_mouth: Not a pretty sight at all… No idea what I’m doing wrong though (other than setup and/or going NA instead of turbo)

[quote=“HighOctaneLove”]YEAH. EAT THAT ENRY-

I mean, nice race! :stuck_out_tongue: Looks like many of us pitched our economy to last an entire 50 lap race, and Norman’s AWD system proved quite advantageous. I think I will work on some tweaks (or a total change of approach), in anticipation for the change![/quote]

I think it’s less economy-minded entries and more that it’s just really hard to end up with terrible fuel economy if you build a well-tuned naturally-aspirated car.

If it makes you feel better, the car that finished just in front of you was FWD.

(Probably a combination of having a bigger, heavier car than everybody else combined with less optimal setup.)

Yeah you’re right. That said, I deliberately didn’t enrich the fuel mix that much to keep the numbers slightly down, though it doesn’t seem to have made that much of a difference even when I decided to max out the engine tune just to see what happens. I think my car’s going to actually end up weaker :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Sayonara”]If it makes you feel better, the car that finished just in front of you was FWD.

(Probably a combination of having a bigger, heavier car than everybody else combined with less optimal setup.)[/quote]

I ran a RWD so, having been beaten by a FWD, I think I deserve a Picard facepalm for letting the traditionalists down… :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice simulation. :slight_smile:

I’m using AWD as well. But probably i will need more POWAAAA…

I fell from 2nd to 8th place. So Der Bayer, what happened? Was it due to B.R.O.B.O.T? :stuck_out_tongue:

8bs: you’re running 50-60hp less than some of us. If I had started from the front row and not the sixth, I may have had a sniff at Norman! But his pace was so consistently quick I doubt the overall result would have changed. That being said, battling through places presumably costs time and tyres, so I was very chuffed to see my test car fight all the way through the ranks!

[size=150]Mars Engineering enters the Testing, with the ME Ottanta.
[/size]

[quote=“strop”]YEAH. EAT THAT ENRY-

I mean, nice race! :stuck_out_tongue: Looks like many of us pitched our economy to last an entire 50 lap race, and Norman’s AWD system proved quite advantageous. I think I will work on some tweaks (or a total change of approach), in anticipation for the change![/quote]

DAMN YOU HORSEGUY!

Just kidding mate, it was amusing to watch my little white V8 powered dot in an actual fight :smiley:
I’m revising the car right now. I’m hoping to catch up to Norman’s rocket powered monster, if that is even possible.
Also, i use AWD too. :mrgreen:

I prepared a little racer, too. Going the oldschool way: RWD.

abload.de/img/1iqsz0.pngabload.de/img/2mosoj.png

Damn, this stuff is interesting :smiley:

Well, here’s my car for the testing, hopefully it’s any good, going AWD as usual.

What kind of times were you guys getting in game for those times in Der bayer’s video? With my various 80% done cars I’m struggling to get below 2:20, and I highly doubt that a slightly rolling start will make up the time difference between the first lap times

I was getting around 2:21, my new version is 2.5 seconds faster :ugeek:

From Rennen Automotive, the brand-new successor to the Rennen Monzon, the Angelus! With 214 HP, a screaming redline of 8700, and RWD, this should be a fun race!

Special note: We are sending in a fully road-legal production model of the car, and not a race-tuned or sports version. This is the one you can buy at your local dealership.