Home | Wiki | Live Chat | Dev Stream | YouTube | Archived Forums | Contact

The BRC is dead... [NEW CHALLENGE DISCUSSION]

The current cars are around 5-7% faster on a flying lap on the ATT in my simulation compared to the Automation time.

[quote=“Der Bayer”]

The current cars are around 5-7% faster on a flying lap on the ATT in my simulation compared to the Automation time.[/quote]

Thanks, that explains a lot, and has saved me from much head scratching and frustration trying to match the times in the video :slight_smile:

haha same here, having also scratched my head a lot trying to slash three seconds from my time! I’m not sure that the time I did save was worth the extra wear and tear I’m surely inflcting on the rears…

Caring about Speed? No.
Caring about Cargo Space? Yes.
Caring about being the last in the test race? No.

abload.de/img/brobot-pyrlixtest-27sooy.png

Time for Crazy Bus Light - by B.A.N. Hammer AG.
Its faster than a Corvette C6 AND a Porsche Cayman S around the Airfield! While having a huge piano in the back.

Hey Martin, does vehicle size play a role in how difficult it is to pass vehicles?

If so, I’d love to see what happens if you start Roland’s bus on pole :stuck_out_tongue:

HOLY BUTT CRACK BATMAN!!! My “revised” version does 2:22 and my vanilla car did 2:23! I’m now officially the Hyundai of Automation! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve shaved 7.5 seconds off mine because I was bored, but with that said I didn’t try very hard the first time around.

Given that it’s still FWD I expect a handful of cars to be shamed by what is essentially a time attack CRX (with a bizarrely luxurious interior and heavier panels because I need so much ballast).

[quote=“Sayonara”]

I’ve shaved 7.5 seconds off mine because I was bored, but with that said I didn’t try very hard the first time around.

Given that it’s still FWD I expect a handful of cars to be shamed by what is essentially a time attack CRX (with a bizarrely luxurious interior and heavier panels because I need so much ballast).[/quote]

:laughing: the extra ballast is all your JDM bro bling you need to impress da laydee’s when you’re finished racing everyone! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though, well done! Shaving 7.5 seconds off a laptime is really good work :smiley:

I suspect it’s part of why AWD cars are so competitive. With the minimum weight restriction, 2WD cars are forced to carry a considerable amount of ballast which eats into their budget. With an AWD it just goes into traction.

Let’s put it this way, I used an all-iron engine because I was so desperate to add cheap weight onto the car.

lol sayonara, I was having a similar problem with my MR car… except making the engine iron shoves even more weight into the rear and the rears already have enough to cope with. I suspect that it was already starting to adversely affect my car in the first test…

Not yet, but I’ll keep it in mind when I start working on the AI.

Tyre wear is still not implemented. :wink:

Yesterday I implemented the first features of the B.R.O.B.O.T. AI system:

• better overtaking AI
  • crashes
  • damage when crashing: car gets slower
  • if damage too big: retire

(still no tyre wear implemented)

See a demonstration here (without retirements because no crash was severe enough): YouTube Video

Ouch, that’s what happens when you forget to send your revised car. :laughing:

OK, this is totally bad-ass!! Are you still looking for test cars? :smiley:

2 Fastest Laps in a row, overtaking the leader Dragawn, aaaand he crashes me and ruines my car.
Nice Dragawn. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Starting place 16 - and race position 2 after half a lap. :slight_smile:

Of course, more is always better! :slight_smile:

Haha oh wow, what a fight. Now race incidents play extra havoc with the event :open_mouth: If not for those crashes it seems like I may have been looking at fourth! (Of course, that might have something to do with what appears to be a reverse order grid :sunglasses: )

It’s just a the early bird catches the worm grid. :slight_smile: A proper qualifying mode is on the to-do list.

Sixth?

My little ballasted-down FWD hatchback has successfully terrorized over half the grid. I’m happy with that. :smiley:

I don’t know how, but i got the Proxima around the track in around 2:17 :open_mouth: