The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Damn it, Andrea. Circles were my theme.

Care to share a bit about it?

I’ll edit the OP

now thats just adorable

2 Likes

Welcome to Canada Motors! We have a certified used car just for you…

The 2000 Canada Motors Erie EL!

It is a budget four-seat shooting brakes that originally retailed for 12,960 but it’s now worth 7,266, so be assured that it is well within your budget. As you probably already know, most Canada Motors vehicles are either 4x4 or AWD, with this one being AWD, so it will get you around in all weather conditions and even off paved roads, should the need arise. You will find that for such a cheap car there is a surprising amount of above-average parts, especially in the engine.

Opening the hood here, you can see a longitudinal I4. It’s a 2.0L 16 valve OHC engine with VVT that produces 117 hp and 171 Nm. With the 6-speed manual transmission, the Erie will go from 0 to 100 in 9.8 seconds and to a top speed of 204 km/h. We don’t recommend you try that last one on anything other than a race track. Oh, almost forgot, it also achieves 7.3L/100 km, so it won’t be too hard on your budget in the long run.

Let’s take a look inside before going for that test drive… As you can see, everything is pretty standard in here, safety features are of good quality, and you’ve got a stock CD player. The shooting brake style doesn’t give all that much cargo space in this configuration, but the 50/50 split rear seat folds down to double the cargo volume when needed.

Now, how about that test drive? We can talk sales after.

7 Likes

Damn it Andrea, I was hoping nobody else would use that body :joy:

Matteo Miglia will fight you!! :triumph:

2 Likes

As I said, I made a 3-cylinder, 1.2, transverse engined car. And here it is.

Presenting the 2002 Ikkonagashi 1170S.

6.4 l/100km, under 8 seconds to 100, 900 kg. And best of all, it’s not a FWD ecobox. All for $11,700 new.

8 Likes

i’m just wondering about the practicality of that, or are you praying that exhaust note will be persuasive enough?

Not even the exausts will help me, given it’s a 3-cylinder and not something fancier like a straight six. What I’m hoping he’ll like is the easy and fun handling, the 8600 rpm redline and the manoeuvrability. Although with it’s twin boot setup, one at the front and one at the rear, it gets 33 practicality, well clear of the minimum required by the round master.

4 Likes

very impressive. so despite the 2 seats, you can move some stuff around.

33 hot damn, that slays my more traditional Mini FR coupe!

Wait until you see mine :smiley:

Luckily I didn’t restrict myself to an I3 as I’ve found out about the glories of boosht

1 Like

how you make that bodyshell work in beta? in beta the bodyshell only give me 0 praticalbility, there a bug that make the minus praticalbility gone so you can get decent score from it but at most i get 0 score from that body.

Everybody loves Uranus! The GSI Uranus, that is. All new for 1995, it’s sure to be popular with all those hip youths with their modems and rollerblades and hip hop music. Seriously, we market researched this one to death. And it’s cheap, because we know you kids spend all your spare money on drugs. How cheap? $12,000! Even my daughter’s dirtbag boyfriend can afford this piece of crap. Burger King is not a goddamned career, Chaz! Christ, where’s my gun…

5 Likes

My practicality is lower than Leo, but still higher than the requirements. I didn’t had any bug in that stats.

That being said I did think my practicality score should be a tad higher… It may only have two seats but it has over 400L boot space and more than enough go to get around!

question to round master, how much you care about sport tyre in your car for long term planning? since sport tyre will degrade faster than normal/economy tyres plus it affect the car perfomance a lot, and i assuming you cant buy fancy tyres every few year by viewing your budget.

1 Like

I’d assume that factors in to running costs, which is already a high priority.

my thoughts too. thats why i went HLLR

for some reason in doesnt affected in game running cost, my cars seems quite bugged for some reason