The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Yep, sorry. This is what happens when you rush stuff :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™ve systematically rechecked all categories and in addition added loudest and quietest. So that should have fixed all those so your car is indeed the most prestigious. It has been rectified now.

4 Likes

No Problem. You did already put a lot of work into this.

What I didnā€™t like: Nothing
What I liked: [ERROR]
What I LOVED: EVERYTHING!

This has been a literal BLAST! Thanks for bringing back the 80ā€™s, Rk38!

But this sure has put the bar high up, donā€™t think I could match that. But Iā€™ll be ready for the wicked case no one else of the top runners will host.
Giddy-up-ups for winning, @strop ! :smile_cat:

7 Likes

A huge thanks for the excellent round @Rk38
Iā€™m glad you like the Salmon design, because i was really happy of how it turned out.

4 Likes

That Salmon GT-Sprint looks so good Iā€™m tempted create another photoshop of it like the final image.

6 Likes

Boy I sure do wish I could style anything before the 10ā€™sā€¦ I know I moan about it all the time but itā€™s really so damn hard :persevere:

Iā€™ll be very honoured of you do. :blush:

3 Likes

Big thanks for @Rk38 for that magnificent round and congratulations for @strop for winning it :slight_smile: And I must admit that I didnā€™t expect it to go so well for my Aera, especially vs some much more potent cars.

And for that quite unlikely scenario of hosting passing as far as to me, I must say that while Iā€™d love to host the next round, I have absolutely no good idea for it and not really enough time, so donā€™t worry about me then and pass it straight to 4LGE :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@ramthecowy Well as many people tried this round you can try recreating a classic design or even fictional ones. Thatā€™s a great exercise in styling a car because itā€™s all about experimenting and seeing what works. Then before you know if youā€™ll have a unique interesting design.

3 Likes

Holy jesusā€¦ my 35-page research paper which Iā€™ve spent the past month writing has only 8,000 words :joy:

5 Likes

As far as entries went CSR37 had it all: muscle cars, rally-style cars, sports sedans, lightweight sports cars and even supercars! If only some of them (especially the better ones) existed in real lifeā€¦

1 Like

Yep, that sounds like a 3.8 liter inline 4 for ya. Half a V8 in displacement is not going to have a nice, gentle, smooth run.

Honestly wasnā€™t expecting that. Maybe I should have turboā€™d the big 3.8ā€¦ That said, it worked. I had the least power, but I wasnā€™t the slowest overall. Not overly fast, granted, butā€¦ not slowest.

All steel, four cylinders, no turbo. Sure, it has displacement for what it is, but it was never meant to be flashy.

All up and told, though, it was a great challenge. I knew when I submitted it that it had no chance, but I gave it a good try.

3 Likes

Hey, At Least mine ended up being Good at some things, While Not so Good at others:
Best driveability @LordLetto - Letto Crown Victoria with 62.6
Worse sportiness @LordLetto - Letto Crown Victoria with 11.2
Highest Safety @LordLetto - Letto Crown Victoria with 51.6
Most Practical @LordLetto - Letto Crown Victoria with 64.1 (Could possibly fit a Lot of Guns or Bodies in it?)
Worse Acceleration @LordLetto - Letto Crown Victoria 0-100km/h in 8.2 seconds (Not Bad IMO Considering the Type of car it is, Only 0.2 seconds slower than the Celica Turbo 4WD)
Worse Cornering 20.00 m @LordLetto - Letto Crown Victoria pulling 0.89g
Worst Quarter Mile @LordLetto - Letto Crown Victoria 0-100km/h with 16.02 seconds
Slowest ATT Time @LordLetto - Letto Crown Victoria with a 2:39.74

Iā€™m Proud of it, Even if it got Rejected from the Get go. Here it is for those that want to check it out/Play with it:
lordletto21 - CSR37-LordLetto.zip (21.3 KB)

4 Likes

it was a bold strategy, Cotton. shame it didnā€™t pay off

thank you for this awards.

2 Likes

OH. MY. GOD.

I did not expect:

A) to win
B) that fine action packed story at the end
C) my car to survive less than an hour after after the round

But thatā€™s the 80s for ya. Iā€™m honoured beyond belief.

Interestingly enough I really wanted to build something like the Beam, I used the same body and similar designā€¦ But I just couldnā€™t make it handle or go fast enough. So not-F40 it was. MM hits the history books!

Now I did have something different in mind, Iā€™ll flesh it out and will have it up within 40 hoursā€¦

17 Likes

STROP IS OP! :sweat_smile:

Hint: better get your 'straya on :cricket: :surfer: :koala: :earth_asia:

4 Likes

@strop Congrats on the win! And that ad was deliciously realistic for the 80s.

So the next round is either utes or Land Cruiser wannabes. Or V8 supercars.
Weā€™ve had a lot of ute bodies added to the game as of late, so I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see it going that wayā€¦

:wink: :speak_no_evil: :sunglasses: