Nothingness 3

Remains of some bad challenge.

2 Likes

Saminda is now officially the Tesla of the Automation world.

3 Likes

I’ve thrown something together real quick. How do you want the submissions? If you just want screen shots, I’d suggest also posting the car’s export file to keep people honest.

A new body this time, and an actual small effort 7:35.38.

2 Likes

Well, this seems like a fun challenge. I did a hatch according to the new rules, and to be sure i didn’t use any parts up for discussion, i stuck to standard parts and no plussing (did lower the quality of the safety tho :wink: ). I did use a 2.5 L engine, if that is to be debated.
gridghost - Aurora.zip (31.3 KB)

2 Likes

And reliability or cooling!

2 Likes

No fuel economy requirement either. Honestly for realism I’d also propose an upper limit on horsepower as well, 400-450 sounds reasonable to me.

That one for sure. Otherwise everyone would turn up with +15 quality engines making 700hp out of a 2L

That works, too. Yeah, it sounds better because a V6 is inherently harder to manufacture than an I3/4, so power limit will be a good idea

Honestly if it were up to me I would be super strict on this. Something like $25K at 30% markup, no limited production parts, strict limits on engine and trim production units, no semi slicks, etc… Also I would make it FWD only for kicks :stuck_out_tongue:

But considering that @starfish94 made the original claim, I feel it should be up to him to define the rules :wink:

Well, before the cost limit was added I made 1050hp out of a 2.5L :wink: Did a 6:45 around the NĂĽr.

Make it have to be a production car, not a purpose-built race car (so, have reliability, economy rules and/or desirabiliy on the in-game markets) but don’t overdo it with power limits and so on.

Well, i checked the C2000R and it seems to have a 4 L straight 3 engine (NA tho) so it would be ruled out anyway…

Sorry, it was the Storm i was looking at, disregard it :smile:

No one is impressed how the C2KR get that laptime with just 368hp without removing plenty of function?

Most of you need to have more than 400hp to be faster by few milisecond or second. ( of cause after what i say you peeps gonna make less than 368 hp and try to win :smile:)

Shows that Saminda can do a well balance car if they want. Well done @Starfish94

1 Like

I am fine with this , the C2KR need to be rework and untill it official lap time , ya guys gonna be careful :smiling_imp:

330hp/tonne sounds reasonable tho , C2KR cost around 45k with 25% markup as of now , i am not sure if it will cost more or less in the future

edited : on a side note i think anyone who has a company thread like Dimension Erin or Maesima manage to beat the C2KR , a more extreme version would come

if not the C2KR will go up to 1000hp :smile: when everyone is trying to defeat it

2 Likes

I may actually be able to make my Gemini competitive. Earlier I made a high performance one (changing to 95 fuel and increasing boost by 5psi) and it was capable of 6:59.99 (thats the exact time i got as well) and that only cost a bit over $30k at 50% markup.

RWD Hatch, well, I don’t have any lore cars for this. I’m a bit of a “wait, but why?” On this count. Though it’s a bit hypocritical of me to be like that given most of the time I’m like, BECAUSE!!!

So my own personal mission is to produce a functional FWD car thatll do the same. It does take a lot of effort and a bit of magic and Razyx managed it somehow. But I frankly don’t know how (the newer bodies just don’t seem to be up for it).

1 Like

have you tried the non 370 body?

Not yet. It’s not something I seriously pursued.

What bothers me is that the newer bodies are the cars which our current records are being set in. So why is it so hard to recreate an actual 2015 Civic Type R, for example? Is it just physics modelling not quite capturing FF yet? Certainly weight distribution and downforce characteristics don’t match up.