The Fictional Track Request Thread

Damn this is a busy place, but I think I could try getting some of these in.
EDIT: If the first post could have a list of tracks that are requested as well as a little tag next to it if the track has been done or not that would really help.

Of what? @Fayeding_Spray I’m open to track requests again

Oh, I miss clicked, but might as well post anyway :fried_shrimp:

This string of road from Lyttleton to Diamond Harbour, Christchurch NZ.

Here’s the map link

Mmmmh :confounded: sorry. The track simulation in-game is broken now so small tight turns don’t work anymore. Across a massive track that is 26km long… it’s just too hard. Currently even the Green Hell is broken.

Oh, that’s a shame :frowning2:

I could try making about half the track… down to about Gebbies Pass Road @Fayeding_Spray

Oh yeah, that could work :hamburger:

1 Like

What do you mean by “Green Hell is broken”? Cars can go around it…

No, the cars do go around it without a hitch, but they drive off track. How do I know? I’m so boring I watched the Okuma do a lap…

1 Like

That’s a really nice stretch of road though @Fayeding_Spray, been driving there myself a few times :smiley:

3 Likes

@Fayeding_Spray what would you like the “track” to be named?

Lyttelton Bay Stretch?

@Fayeding_Spray it won’t work out, I’m afraid. The track editor shows one thing and the car doesn’t follow that line, and with the track being as long and tight as it is, it’s physically impossible for me to even see the small turns the car misses and things like that. It’s simply too challenging. How did Der Bayer ever make the GH? Simply amazing…

Needing a track to be built in order to integrate into challenges, just something small that will test high and low speed aerodynamics

Please and thank you

1 Like

Hi there @Darkshine5 I think I could take on this task for you. Now, in about a week my Christmas vacations start and I only have 3 circuits in my list of things to do (yours will go on the top of the pile.) Deal?

@Darkshine5 forgot to ask, does this track run clockwise or counterclockwise?

1 Like

Thank u mate. I guess its anticlockwise the start has a 50m run up before the start of a 400m stretch that transfers into a steep banked 90* curve

1 Like

For the NFS Carbon challenge thread, can anyone help make these? Or tell me how to make them?

North Road : 6.0 miles

Garden Boulevard: 4.8 miles

Chinatown Tram: 5.0 miles

Lookout Point: 2.5 miles

Kempton Docks: 6.8 miles

Styne Aqueduct: 9.4 miles

Waterfront Road: 2.7 miles

Knife’s Edge: 2.4 miles

Skyline Avenue: 5.3 miles

Library Square: 14.6 miles

Hills Borough Parkway: 7.9 miles

Desperation Ridge: 4.5 miles

1 Like

I tried to make this a while ago but I kept getting a lot of errors from it, anyone wanna try tackling it.

Perhaps as a one way to the 11 km marker, and as a roundtrip? That “valley” in the middle is where the cyclist turned around.
And yes there are a handful of spots there where the grade is as steep as 16.5%, the graph only shows as steep as 12% as that’s the cut off heh.

The road is very well paved, the speed limit is 100 kp/h with a truck slow lane on the uphill sections, but the banking is minor, though occasionally it leans out of the corner instead of in.

I figure this is a good all around test of climbing performance, grip and brakes (coming down the other side!) If my 05 Diesel smart can climb this at the speed limit (yes, it’s flat out, but it does it!) any average car should be able to handle it, right?

1 Like

So, tracks are on hold from me for the moment. I will revisit corrections to old tracks, but not new ones, as there are supposed to be a lot of changes being made to how these are calculated? At least, that is the rumor mill’s take on things. Existing tracks are going to have to be redone/reworked for the new UE4 full release apparently, so no sense making new tracks to add to the work later.

EDIT: To those who are interested in making their own tracks, I did a tutorial here (which was made using the first version of a track editor we received based on a browser from @ElSaico and…no longer exists?), which mostly also applies here (which is the current stand-alone track editor created by @BitTwiddler.

Additionally, for basic information about the LUA file and image you’ll be working with, @Der_Bayer originally introduced the concept and art of track building with a solid explanation of how it currently works here.

1 Like

I’ve also had to reduce the number of tracks I can do. In a bit I’ll be busy fixing up a whole bunch of them for something upcoming, so if you still haven’t finished by then I’ll take a shot at it.