Thecarlover's mods & WIPs

The Flex body is now available, first post updated again! Here’s the standalone download:
thecarlover10CUVLarge.zip (257 KB)

I like it but it’s not wide enough IMO.

EDIT: Actually, sorry for the criticism, but I think that the proportions are very off. It’s much too tall and not wide enough.

Some morphs to distinguish it from the xB would be nice, too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[quote=“titleguy1”]I like it but it’s not wide enough IMO.

EDIT: Actually, sorry for the criticism, but I think that the proportions are very off. It’s much too tall and not wide enough.

Some morphs to distinguish it from the xB would be nice, too ;P[/quote]

I’ve followed the proportions of the Flex (same width and wheelbase), but it’s possible that it might be a little bit taller and longer overall as I gauged those by eye. I might end up lowering a roof a bit as it does look a bit tall the more I look at it. I’m sure that’s why it appears narrower than the real Flex as well. I might also modify a couple other things on the mesh when I get to that, but nothing major.
The only morphs I changed was to remove the lips from the xB, but the rest is rather limited by the mesh, so there’s not much I can do other than adjust the values to make them more/less morphable. Since I tend to go to the maximum possible without overlapping vertices (gives more possible variations), I’m pretty limited with what I can do differently.

Edit: I made a couple of changes based on this, mainly a slightly lower roof. I realise the proportions are not identical to the real Flex, but like the rest of my models, the real-life counterpart is more of an inspiration and guideline than a perfect copy. This is also more of a quick modification of an existing body than something made from the ground up, so it loses some similarity from that as well.

Here’s my kei car WIP! 3.39 m long, 1.48 m wide, and 1.54 m tall without wheels. It will be available from 1998 and I’ll also set the morphs to prevent going beyond the kei size regulations.

Coming soon!

With a quickly made 660cc engine, this thing makes a whopping 61 hp and a 0-100 km/h time of 17.3 seconds. The engine bay can barely fit anything transverse above 1.0L (but has plenty of space for a turbo regardless) and low profile tires are needed for rims over 13", so it’s quite accurate for a kei car. I just need to add the lift and drag data and make the icons and then it will be ready.

The kei car is now available!
thecarlover00HatchKei.zip (423.4 KB)

[quote=“thecarlover”]The kei car is now available!
[attachment=0]thecarlover00HatchKei.zip[/attachment][/quote]

wow, talk about fast, i know it’s just a heavily modified version of your xb body but still wow,

[quote=“cpufreak101”]

[quote=“thecarlover”]The kei car is now available!
[attachment=0]thecarlover00HatchKei.zip[/attachment][/quote]

wow, talk about fast, i know it’s just a heavily modified version of your xb body but still wow,[/quote]

I’ve become more efficient with my work :stuck_out_tongue: Just rescaled it, modified a few things (like removing the quarter windows on the back doors), changed the morphing, and then edited the .lua files for the body. And of course made new thumbnails for it.

Not much to show yet, but here’s my new WIP…

[quote=“thecarlover”]Not much to show yet, but here’s my new WIP…
(hungy)[/quote]

i know that it isn’t but it seems to have a slight corvette shape to it

wow I’m loving your work. That body does have the potential to be morphable as both a front and mid-engined car… that would be amazing, of course, only if you can actually get that to work!

We certainly do need more not-lambo bodies. The Murcielago is a good 2000s base to go on, it was far more wedge like and squarish than the ones we have.

After that, if we had the 80s and 90s not-lambo bodies I would probably pass out from sheer delight.

omg thanks. finally can build kei cars now for my jap company

Thanks guys! I’ll see what I can do about a front engine in the Murciélago body, but that’s very unlikely. If I can fit something in there, I doubt it’ll be very big. I am planning on trying something different with the sides, and have one or two inward morphing section to better places the vents you typically see on supercars. One more like the Gallardo, and one at the bottom like the Murciélago. No guarantees it’ll go to plan, but I’ll give it a try.

Wait… you’ll work on the Murcielago body?
Make it partially non-Zonda and we’re done xD

[quote=“Oskiinus”]

Wait… you’ll work on the Murcielago body?
Make it partially non-Zonda and we’re done xD[/quote]

It won’t look anything like a Zonda, it’s too different to attempt with a Lamborghini body. This will be Murciélago, but with enough morphs to have the option of looking quite different. I found the McLaren body can look somewhat Zonda-ish, and that’ll likely still be closer than this.

Edit: This is also the most complicated body I’ve done so far, so it won’t be done as quickly as the others (except maybe the pickup, due to those technical issues), but I’ll still have it finished soon enough if I don’t get any setbacks. I hope I do it well enough, as I’m really looking forward to using it as well.

If it’s released by the 25th it’ll make for the perfect Christmas gift. Thanks for all your hard work!

Progress shot! As soon as I indented the side above the shoulder line and changed the view to the back, I knew I was on the right track… I need to tweak a few things, but most of it is lining up great on its own. :slight_smile:

looking great =)

Okay, that looks great anyway. Would be nice option to make brand new hypercar of my company :smiley:

The kei car is so good, I immediately knew that the IT guy in my fictional car company would at all costs want to import himself an N-Box/

The not-Murcielago body may very well end up being the true form of GG’s ultimate hypercar, Mercury. It was always aiming to have that wedge like line.