March 21st 2020, New Orlean, NOTC headquarters
NOTC TV channel head writer is planning the last details of their next TV series with the production designer. They are together looking for the heroine’s car.
1982 – New Orlean, USA
Courtney is a private detective in New Orlean. She is about 30 years old, smart, fearless and has a great sense of humour. She is single with a dog (probably a French bulldog) but without any children.
Producers are looking for a car that’s looking popular but rare and original. Producers would like an iconic car like the Peugeot 403 of Columbo, the Ford Torino of Starsky & Hutch or the Citroen DS of Mentalist.
- Trim and engine should be set between 1973 and 1982.
- Every body types are allowed.
- Minimum 4 seats (2+2 authorised)
- Maximum Automation approximative cost: $ 20,000 (It’s a hard limit.)
- Economic (service cost, fuel economy)
- Automatic transmission required
- The car can come from everywhere in the world but it has to meet US regulations:
- Sidelights markers
- 5 MPH bumpers
- 7 inch (178 mm) round (two headlamps per vehicle) or 5 3/4 inch (146 mm) round (four headlamps per ehicle) are allowed
- four-headlamp rectangular sealed beam system, 4 inches by 6 1/2 inches (100 mm by 165 mm) is allowed from 1974
- a 142 mm by 200 mm rectangular two headlamp system is allowed from 1976
- Popup headlights are allowed.
- Two-way catalytic converters required until 1981
- Three-way catalytic converters required from 1981
- 91 RON regular unleaded gas
- Realistic style and technology for a popular car (35%)
- Service cost and fuel economy (10% each)
- Reliability (15%)
- Comfort (15%)
- Driveability (10%)
- Sound level (5%)
Each judging criteria will be scored out of ten : 0 to the worst and 10 to the best. Each car will obtain a final score out of 10. Best score wins.
Naming ConventionModel and family name > TMCC6-(username)
Car and engine trim name > Whatever you want…
The rules are not final. Submissions will be opened Monday, March 23rd.
The deadline is the 4th of April, 2020 in 12:00 am GMT.
Press the link to see the exact countdown of the challenge.
If there are any more questions, feel free to ask me. Thanks and enjoy the challenge!
I am not fluent in English. Be tolerant.