Ugly or weird cars you think look cool

That looked like an awkward and riced out Mitsubishi FTO… but it’s a Supra? Wtf?

It’s real JDM brah, love it or hate it.

2 Likes

I love Boxy cars

Here’s a game of Spot the supercar!

TIP: It’s a Lexus LFA :wink:

8 Likes

third car from the upper left, but holy hell does it blend well with the prius

4 Likes

That was my point, coming from here, where me mentioning that the gen 4 Prius actually looks appealing to me caused quite a stir :stuck_out_tongue:

From the outside appearance, it is certainly outlandish, but not entirely out of this world. Just not appropriate for what it is. It’s not looking like it used to, not looking like it should, not like the lame hybrid granny-mover most know it as.
Now… it became rice. It possibly just needs more power to justify the looks!

2 Likes

bet you could even throw in a model s in there

He did throw a Lykan Hypersport in there too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I actually agree with 4LGE, to some extent. I think that the body of the Prius looks very athletic and sleek, certainly a large improvement from the old ones. Of course, the fixtures are just totally fugly, but the Prime version of the Prius improves on this aspect quite a lot.

This does make me wonder what the Prius would look like if it was designed by Mazda :slight_smile:

Edit: The Prius designed by Hyundai looks genuinely great :smiley:

5 Likes

cooler version http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/news/a27977/toyota-prius-super-gt/

1 Like

That’s on spot! Basically, a slightly more contemporary design on the fixtures would’ve given it much more general appeal. Hyundai did a very nice job on the Ioniq!

@Denta This really underlines that the Prius is basically looking like an athlete, but is never doing more than jogging, usually :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Grumman LLV

5 Likes

I like the look of older, utulitarian stuff. I met a guy a few months ago who was in the middle of buying one as a parts runner, since he liked the look so much. Speaking of stuff that doesn’t pretend to be more than it is…

I have a soft spot for these things. Cheap, unpretentious, relatively durable.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s just me but I really like the new Kia Cadenza.

5 Likes

You sure this isn’t actually a Ford Mondeo? :wink:
Kia does make some genuinely nice looking cars. I really like the Optima:

In that aspect, I would actually put them as “Ordinary cars you think look cool” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That actually looks quite nice, the only thing I disagree with is the recession in the grill, but that’s minor.

Don’t forget that Kia makes the sexiest 5 door hatch on the market right now!

(trust me, it looks even better in white)

6 Likes

I like the convertible better

1 Like

I don’t know if people think this is an ugly car but i think it looks cool

2 Likes

Only looks as dopey as the current Mitsubishi Mirage.
@jonthefuzz I hate all convertible versions of cars that weren’t originally designed to be, but to each their own.