Vehicle Body suggestions

the citroen 2cv might be a great one, since there is hydropneumatic suspension in the game

The 2CV never had hydropneumatic, the DS thoughā€¦

Maybe some modder will read this, so for running a realistic car company I feel that some alternatives are missing:

60/70s minitruck body, they were all the rage back then but there is no good alternatives that look up to date, running bodies from the 40s or 50s until the early 80s is a bit boringā€¦

60/70s bonneted van, think like Ford Transit, Mercedes 307 or some of the mid 70s US vans.

80s forward control minivan, like the Toyota Liteace or Nissan Vanette. The 40s small van body appears very dated in the 80s.

Late 80s superminis and compacts. There is the squared off alternatives in the early 80s and then almost nothing until the mid 90s. If you think shapes like the Micra K11, Polo Mk3, Corsa B or similar for the superminis, and shapes like 90 series Corolla, Golf Mk3 or similar for the compacts. Now there is really no good alternatives if youā€™re making a small car in the late 80s because boxy designs were starting to look dated already by then.

5 Likes

A 70s minitruck body is coming at some point, for now thereā€™s the pickup variant of the Scout.

70s vans are needed and should come eventually. Iā€™m planning to remake my econoline from kee at some point.

Thereā€™s an Alphard body in kee that will be updated at some point, but for now you can put an engine in the front of the VW T3.

All the late 80s/90s hatches are in the kee version, they should come into UE4 at some point. Back in the kee days, I thought there were too many hatches for the 90s compared to everything else in the body selection.

2 Likes

Sure, the T3 and Scout is a bit big though. But this is only some of my reflections, not me shouting ā€œI REQUIRE THOSE NOW!ā€. :slight_smile:

I only had the engine builder in Kee many years ago and started playing the full game when UE4 had appeared so my knowledge about the Kee version is small.

Absolutely more Kei car bodies!

Economic, purpose built, and some may hesitantly call them sporty (Only if youā€™re 5ā€™ 2" with your shoes on)

4 Likes

Iā€™d love to have more forward-control (cab-over) pickup trucks and vans. I know theyā€™re not really modern, but Iā€™d love to have the ability to do cab-over pickups well into the modern age. Bonus points if some of them can handle the new boxer engines under the bed.

4 Likes

A lot of the car bodies in the game and in the steam workshop are generally made after cars that were actually mass produced or were very popular. But the game world and lore will be in an alternate reality.

So Iā€™d suggest also adding more bodies inspired by period concept drawings and prototypes, but not necessarily the wild spaceship ones, just the ones that could have been made and ones that are one 1 or 2 notches crazier than normal.

Some examples.

6 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if this is planned but for campaign purposes the game needs a version of every commonly used body type for every decade. This would help simulate retraux cars and cars like the Porsche 911 that have been around forever but more or less kept the same style. Basically you would have 5 or 6 bodies with the same shape/morphability but period-appropriate trim and the game would recognize the newest version of the body .as being up to date.

Hopefully that made sense

That can be covered with an older body not having bumpers or trim pieces. As with a real company using a decades old body, it gets tougher to keep it up to date in terms of safety features, so having multiples of the same car unlocking in different years doesnā€™t make much sense.

1 Like

Well I donā€™t think most companies would actually use the same body, just keep the shape similar even if the new version of the car is completely different under the hood. Basically the modern versions would be smoother and not have chrome edges around the windows (and probably be slightly bigger for safety reasons, like the ā€œminiā€)

I would love to see that kind of body in game :

In france we called this "ludospace"but i think in english is "little MPV"anyway :wink:

3 Likes

I would like to see some more kei car bodies, like a Honda Beat, Mitsubishi minicab and a Daihatsu Midget

3 Likes

Defenderā€¦or 3ā€¦

YES, I know Iā€™m being greedyā€¦but itā€™s a Defender and we need them!! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

DEFENDERS ASSEMBLE!

Yes. We do need the Defender back in UE4.

3 Likes

We already have nearly all those Defender body styles (and more) in the Kee version, just be patient for their return. As for the Series I, that was a WIP mod in Kee that can probably be expected to return at some point.

2 Likes

The mod is complete AFAIK in Kee and in the hands of @Daffyflyer

Iā€™m with you.

Something like:

Honda Beat (both convertible and hardtop).

Suzuki Cappuccino (both convertible and hardtop).

Honda Acty (both van and pickup).

8 Likes

Those could probably be done by scaling down the Miata and Hiace that exist in Kee, so I guess itā€™s just a matter of time until someone gets to it.

6 Likes

Would love to see my own pride and joy (sentential reasons) in the game with its details like headlights, taillights, etc. available. It is a 2004 Ford Escape 3.0 V6 FWD, I can gather more photos with closer detail if needed :slight_smile:

Could we perhaps get a van and pick up variant of the 1975 vw t3 body

images%20(7)

3 Likes