Vehicle Body suggestions

T100 is classed as a half ton pickup I believe. With that being said, I would love to see 1/4 ton, half ton, 3/4 ton, and one ton pickup bodies with different cab and bed options. Especially since we’ll eventually get engines ranging from l4 to V10s.

Basically a Ford Ranger, F150, F250, and F350 bodies of varying decades. Toyota Tacoma would also be another fun one.

Something I just noticed while starting a build in 1940: We don’t have any '40’s coupes! We’ve got sedans, yes, but no honest two-door coupes.

Now, I may be crazy, but I do like the older body styles, the long, sweeping fenders, long hood/bonnet, and graceful curves that gave cars beautiful designs. I’d love to be able to build some fast cars using modern parts and old school bodies, but I would also enjoy it if I could choose to build a nice two-door car in 1940.

Granted, I know it’s not really a priority, at least not one for most people, but I think it’d be cool.

SEVERE lack of modern cars…

Aston Martin/ Jaguar style coupe -

Modern LeMans body

Modern Crossover/Medium SUV - All we have is the one that looks like the current Ford Explorer

Shooting Brake

2010s Midsized/Large Sedan - The two available ones are both strange to me though I can’t quite say why.

If any of these body-styles could be introduced, I’d be super-hype

1 Like

[quote=“Madrias”]Something I just noticed while starting a build in 1940: We don’t have any '40’s coupes! We’ve got sedans, yes, but no honest two-door coupes.

Now, I may be crazy, but I do like the older body styles, the long, sweeping fenders, long hood/bonnet, and graceful curves that gave cars beautiful designs. I’d love to be able to build some fast cars using modern parts and old school bodies, but I would also enjoy it if I could choose to build a nice two-door car in 1940.

Granted, I know it’s not really a priority, at least not one for most people, but I think it’d be cool.[/quote]

It should be relatively easy to mod a 2 door variant for the small 40s car. I cannot do it, but others certainly can. Also a convertible version for the 2 door variant would be nice.

[quote=“TauSigmaNova”]SEVERE lack of modern cars…
If any of these body-styles could be introduced, I’d be super-hype[/quote]

Tbh, I do not agree we have a severe lack of modern cars. We have a lack of pickup trucks and SUVs, but we have plenty of sport cars for the modern area. We could do with a new hatchback though and a shooting brake concept would also be nice. Do not get me wrong, I want as many designs in the game as possible, it is just that others should have more priority I think. Also cars that are from the earlier eras have the benefit that they can be used for a longer time in game when the campaign arrives.

I agree with Tycondero.

I started trying to make a lot of cars all over the years and the era where we are missing the most cars would be the very early period.

A few of the mods help fill up that era but we are still missing a ton of stuff that could be interesting.

For modern cars, we have stuff that fits acceptably well in most categories, except maybe city cars and pickups.

I’ve been otherwise occupied of late but I’m slowly building Medium and Large versions of the 50s sedan I produced, not exactly 40s but still an older model

I understand the allure of older bodies and their use in campaign, but it’s just that I love building/designing modern cars. As far as what we have for modern, it’s not nearly as varied as you claim.

1 Front engined sports car, 1 Mid-engined with a really weird greenhouse based off an MP4 with 2 WB lengths, two saloons (one of which has two wheel bases), various hatchbacks for odds and ends and a large, ugly SUV. [Oh, and the Mini-van]. As far as mod bodies, the only modern one I can think of is Corvette’s beautiful Muscle Car/Shooting Brake body.

Maffc, that would be awesome enough! Love the 50’s sedan you made, always wished it was a little bigger, but always thought it was a nice car design. Glad to hear you’re working on bigger versions.

Of course, I know it seems silly, but would it be practical to have a variant with a longer distance between the front of the doors and the front wheels? Mostly I ask because I’d love to make more use of the Inline Six, but it’s hard to find cars with a long enough hood to shoe-horn in a reasonably sized I6, and I’d love to make a couple old-school designs using my favorite type of engine.

(Also, the reason I say “practical” and not “possible” is because obviously it’s possible. However, for the purposes of doing so, it may be more work than it’s worth for those small few who would make the use of a longer bonnet to put in a very long, thin engine. I’ve just always liked older car designs and inline engines, hence the mention of the idea in case it could be done without too much difficulty. I also fully understand if it’s not practical at all to do and would be too much work.)

Many thanks Madrias, I’m glad you like it.
The meshes are complete for the medium sized version (just need skinning) so it would be impractical to increase the gap now. Although by the nature of increasing the length of the car the gap gets a proportional increase too
I’ve just begin looking at the larger variation so I’ll see if that can be done without making it look “odd”

[quote=“Tycondero”]

[quote=“Madrias”]Something I just noticed while starting a build in 1940: We don’t have any '40’s coupes! We’ve got sedans, yes, but no honest two-door coupes.

Granted, I know it’s not really a priority, at least not one for most people, but I think it’d be cool.[/quote]

It should be relatively easy to mod a 2 door variant for the small 40s car. I cannot do it, but others certainly can. Also a convertible version for the 2 door variant would be nice.

[quote=“TauSigmaNova”]SEVERE lack of modern cars…
If any of these body-styles could be introduced, I’d be super-hype[/quote]

Tbh, I do not agree we have a severe lack of modern cars. We have a lack of pickup trucks and SUVs, but we have plenty of sport cars for the modern area. We could do with a new hatchback though and a shooting brake concept would also be nice. Do not get me wrong, I want as many designs in the game as possible, it is just that others should have more priority I think. Also cars that are from the earlier eras have the benefit that they can be used for a longer time in game when the campaign arrives.[/quote]

He is right, we have plenty of modern sedans and coups, but not much of anything else. Though I will admit the modern cars included in the game look way too much like Toyota Camry’s. Possibly we need different styles of modern cars.

However which way, we are in desperate need of trucks and SUVs. When the campaign comes around I would love to do a car line more like what Ford has with primarily trucks and SUVs, but that’s extremely difficult right now with only one truck body that looks like a 70s model Chevy. And that truck body looks like a one ton pickup body based off of the engine bay; it’s not really feasible to build quarter ton and half ton trucks in the game at the moment. In fact, we’re in such need of truck bodies that I’m about to learn 3ds Max to create them myself.

I thought it looked more like the 80s Fords… maybe I see my own truck in it though.

The current vanilla truck looks very similar to an 70s-80s F150, and still looks decent in the 90s. We do need new bodies for the various sizes and other eras though.

Also, good news, as shown in the stream, we should be getting a very early pickup truck in the next patch, since this will become vanilla.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/448458698791928299/D34879FD914B67D2E7113F6B4F64BA6DEEA7F7E8/

[quote=“PMP1337”]

We nee 3cyl engines for that.[/quote]

Meh we could get away with that… one of the Toyota iQ trims comes with a 4 cylinder. Plus, whats wrong with a V6 powered smart? :smiley:

[quote=“reeve509”]

We nee 3cyl engines for that.

Meh we could get away with that… one of the Toyota iQ trims comes with a 4 cylinder. Plus, whats wrong with a V6 powered smart? :smiley:[/quote]

I also think Inline 3 engines should be added to the game. Especially nowadays a lot of economical cars come with I3 engines. I2 engines we do not need so fast, there are a couple of cars that come with an I2, but those are rare. We do not need more sport cars atm, we have plenty for now (more would always be welcome later though). Like I said we do need more SUVs and some 90s or 00s micro cars would actually be nice as well. Those are also missing. Whether you like it or not for the game it is important that most if not all different type cars are covered, including fancy sport cars, sedans, hatchback, pickups etc. Some more convertible variants for existing cars would also be nice, as well as 2/3 door and 4/5 door versions.

Suggestions:

• Armoured body / glass for niche markets
  • Cylinder deactivation technology (a la 1980s Cadillac)
  • I understand boxer engines are already in the pipeline!

[quote=“Lada”]Suggestions:

• Armoured body / glass for niche markets
  • Cylinder deactivation technology (a la 1980s Cadillac)
  • I understand boxer engines are already in the pipeline![/quote]

Armoured body sounds a bit too much to me. I do not think the automation team would add them in, except for maybe (if ever) some sort of DLC after release. However, the cylinder deactivation could come in handy for research and production line purposes and indeed we also need Boxer engines. From what I understood those should be coming somewhere in the future, probably before final release and they will also add cars with engines in the rear.

I’d love to see a 60’s 911 body and a 2000’s 911 body for when rear engined cars are finished. Also, I agree with Tycondero, we need I3 engines! :slight_smile:

Rear engine cars come in the next big update, look at the latest Dev update.

AFAIK Andrew has a 356 model made by Felgen.

Hopefully we’ll see it in the next update.

I’d love to see something Lotus Elan like. Including a third frame type, something like the central spine type frame like that used by the Elan, most TVRs, Corvettes, and, others.