You have any plans for after Automation?

We all know the most important is a diesel DLC so I can finally make my car in game like everyone else.

I would like to see diesels, wankels would be cool too

Hybrids/electrics would also be pretty cool

2 Likes

Eh, diesel is nice, and I couldnā€™t care less about hybrids, but I so agree about rotaries.

I want to four-rotor literally every vehicle in my lineup.

3 Likes

What about quad rotor diesels?

5 Likes

Theyā€™re basically oil-burners as is.

No no no. I want an air cooled two stroke supercharged horizontal inline 5 diesel :smiley:

10 Likes

First we really need to implement the nuclear drive though!

13 Likes

I would totally play automation nuclear reactor building simulation! Better get working on those fusion designs and artwork.

1 Like

When are you planning on adding uranium conrods?

1 Like

That better include the Antimatter Drive my company was working on!

1 Like

Yes it does, and the ion drive, which is even worse than unturboed Dieselsā€¦

6 Likes

Quad turbos! Twin-superchargers! W and H engines! Rotaries! Real-time flaming cars when you donā€™t have enough cooling!

EDIT : I think Iā€™ve worked out a solution as how to implement sequential turbochargers. What if, instead of having an extra block on the timeline, what if we start going upwards? For exampleā€¦

x-x-x-x-x-TURBO-x-x-x-x-x
becomesā€¦

------------TURBO 1
x-x-x-x-x-TURBO 2-x-x-x-x-x

You know what I mean?

Hey, donā€™t even joke about that. I would be so enamoured with those possibilities.

Twin-blown V8? Or even better yet, twin-charged V8? Hubba hubbaā€¦

Ahem:

Need I say more?
6 Likes

If I was a man, Iā€™d be nursing a semi.

1 Like

Free-Valve level of engine valve control would be my top choice for a DLC.
My second choice would be HCCI engines.
After that heavy utility vehicles or small watercraft.

1 Like

My wishlist:
1(not likely) and 2-strokes
single and quad turbos
supercharger and DSC
more body variety
rotaries
diesel
hybrid and electric

4 Likes

https://www.google.com/patents/US20030121482
It does exist.

Just sounds like a regular flat engine but with really poor terminology, if Iā€™m interpreting it correctly

1 Like

Whether the single stroke engine exists or not is not the biggest issue. The major problem is modelling something like it. Considering its that type of engine appears to only be in prototype phase, modelling the physics of the engine will be difficult. Nor is there any point of doing so. Automation is a game about making a car company, and since noone appears to be making single stroke engines, why should the devs spend time guessing how it would work?

Also I think answers for what you want can be found in the FAQ

3 Likes