1993 Third World Supercars Challenge

Hello everyone who has sent in their .car files. If i have not messaged you about your car being illegal, its legal!

Ok, this is my final build for that - anyone in need can grab it and use/modify. A few stats:

ATT in 2:18.85
0-100 in 4.7 s
~1100 kg
~270 hp
almost 1500$ service cost
30000$ price

As you can see, it has no styling. There’s a wing though, and it should rather stay there, if you don’t wanna redo the aero. Of course it complies with all the requirements. Powered by a 2.7 inline 5. Here’s the file: TWSC_-Hshan-_proto.car|attachment (19.2 KB)

2 Likes

Lmao, keep in mind that a few people are doing 300+ hp with less weight. Idk how.
Also, please to the people who use this base, please say it when entering because i dont want to see 5 of the same car entered.

Well, probably larger engines, but way simpler, same for the car. This has a somewhat advanced suspension.

1 Like

It was clunky, unwieldy, and primitive. More akin to a raw hunk of aluminum than a true supercar, and a clear rip-off of a successful American sports car in design. But nonetheless, the Orel Uragan was, and a 4-liter, 300-hp straight-six - derived from the fledging Orel’s license-built i4 - certainly made it more than fast enough. At the very least, there was no real competition anywhere in the post-Soviet world.

7 Likes

Hey, does anyone wanna build a collab car with me? I already have one with someone else but i still have 1 entry left.

I have two cars I’ve done engineering for but no design work on. I can hand you one of them to be the designer on if you want.

1 Like

Possibly, i was messing around yesterday with testing and i think that i might have figured it out. Maybe i’ll give myself an exception to the 2 entry rule but im not sure, kinda cheating.

2 Likes

Wanted to try my hand at making an interior for the first time, so here is my second entry.

Ukranian LVIV AZ Styr SE, a glorious send off to the retiring Styr car line up.

Lviv Novini, 25th of February 1993.

“An end of an era.” - Roman Shevchenko, director of LVIV AZ.

After twenty five years of continuous production, LVIV Avto Zovod is finally retiring the much beloved Styr series of cars. With over a million units produced, it has truly become the everyman people’s car. Frankly, I can’t think of anyone who hasn’t sat in one at some point in their lives, be it in the driver’s or passenger’s seat, and it will truly be missed.
In order to commemorate the legendary Styr line, LVIV AZ will produce a limited run of a new SE trim, adapted from the interceptor variant produced for the department of patrol police. With 305 HP under the hood, the Styr SE reaches 100 km/h in just 5.6 seconds while enveloping the driver in a sporty interior. Only 300 vehicles are slated to be produced, so do hurry if you’d like to own a piece of Ukrainian automotive history.
The retail price is slated to be 30,000, with presales starting in April.

Edit: tried to not include a novel with my submission this time around. :stuck_out_tongue:
Edit 2: tuned the car to better reflect the competition brief.

5 Likes

Fueled by vodka???

4 Likes

Vodka, dranniki and freedom. ;D

1 Like

Cannot be bothered to go to a discord to enter, but I will give some stats
$28300
$1166 svc
4.6s 0-60
ATT time 2:13.79
5.0L V8 with 350hp
1172kgs

2 Likes

“Let me repeat this back to you so I am sure I am understanding all of this” Yinzer CEO says to a handful of VPs. "That ‘little racing program’ we talked about last year with the company that is making that tractor engine for us lead us to this? Why does this car look EXACTLY like the one we have been producing for four years? A VP answers "We told our engineering team to help them with designs, and it seems that was misinterpreted to “give them all of the blueprints from our Wyvern production”. “So let me get this straight” says the CEO “This car that was shipped to us here as the production run looks EXACTLY like our model being sold, but runs like a total dog?” Another VP stammers “well they did remove the YINZER label” “BUT THEY LEFT EVEN THE -censored- COMPANY BADGES ON THE FRONT AND BACK” “Sir, they did put a luxury CD pl…” “-censored- THE -censored- LUXURY -censored- CD PLAYER” “IF YOU ALL DONT WANT TO BE OVER IN -censored- THIRD WORLD -censored- COUNTRIES TRYING TO FIND A -censored- JOB, FIX THIS!!” -censored-

Introducing the First Auto Group Conquistador GTSS, More cylinders, no CD player.

3 Likes

Lmao @ the write up. xD

3 Likes

Well of course I couldn’t just leave it like that :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ve updated my car. Now it has a 4.2 V8. New stats:

ATT in 2:12.30
0-100 in 3.9 s
~1130 kg
~360 hp
almost 1400$ service cost
30000$ price

New file: TWSC_-Hshan_Clone-_proto_Clone.car|attachment (19.7 KB)

Sorry :innocent: And I promise I won’t optimise it any further, as I squeezed out every fraction of a second I had an idea for.

2 Likes

Alright, i think ive made my mind up about how using this car will work. Im allowing 2 people to use it, as the car was mechanically made up by Hshan. This means that it is technically a collab build, and the cap is 2.

3 Likes

with the “car must be from 1993” does that include model year or just trim year?

2 Likes

It includes every year that you can select. I might give you an exception for if your car is made 1 or 2 years earlier but thats it.

1 Like

So Model and Family must be 1991, 1992, or 1993?

These numbers in particular-

1 Like

also, may i use the advanced trim to slightly lower my engine so that it doesn’t poke out the bonnet?

3 Likes