2016 MRCSR Time Trial Series

obviously its based on the Pontiac Azteca :bulb:

Would a Race Intake seem legit, or would a performance make more sense? I’m trying to make it as sensible as possible without it being ridiculously unrealistic.

Race intakes are allowed in the rules, but it’s up to you.

[quote=“BassixDnB”]

Race intakes are allowed in the rules, but it’s up to you.[/quote]

Yeah, I’m just testing out some different models and decided to use a different type of engine and pattern to go for the acceleration. This specific engine was sort of struggling on power and I was curious as to what seems fair. Thanks again!

[quote=“Smokiegun”]

Race intakes are allowed in the rules, but it’s up to you.

Yeah, I’m just testing out some different models and decided to use a different type of engine and pattern to go for the acceleration. This specific engine was sort of struggling on power and I was curious as to what seems fair. Thanks again![/quote]

No problem! Hope you have fun designing this car.

I’m having loads of fun designing the cars!!! I’ve built over 5 models and still don’t know what to use!!! XD. All i’m doing atm is tweaking the suspension and gearing trying to reduce times.

If I will have enough time I’ll enter. And I can be last, I don’t even care :stuck_out_tongue: Funny thing is, I’m a fan of old school JCTG and this look similar to GT500 regulations (minus the fact that your rules don’t ban the usage of an all wheel drive car) that I wanted to use in my “Spirit of JGTC Time Attack Challenge” that will probably never happen :frowning:

Storm Automotive (Madrias) and Boss Motorsports (KLinardo), your entries meet all of the regulations and are eligible for competition.

Keep the entries coming in, everyone!

I’ve learned exactly one thing from running in these competitions, and that’s the fact that every challenge teaches you something. I’m hoping I made the right calls on the Envy to make things competitive. I know I’m not going to win, but maybe it’ll prove to be competitive.

is VMO’s Modpack allowed? It’s on the worshop and the headlights work very well on futuristic cars. :smiley: I can change them if I need to though.

Can I just say I had a lot of fun making my car for this competition :laughing:

Out of interest, will we get to see the other’s competitors cars when the races begin? And how much commentary/analysis/review are you going to be doing?

I’ll post pictures of the Envy inevitably, but no stats. I can say I enjoyed building it, though. Should be amusing to see where exactly it places in the races, given I tried a new strategy that didn’t entirely hinge on keeping the car the most fuel efficient.

I think I’ll do the same. But only when the entrants are closed. No peeking until then!

I will be making little trading-card type images of each car when this is over; or at the least, I’ll post an image of each car with the results.

[quote=“DeusExMackia”]Can I just say I had a lot of fun making my car for this competition :laughing:

Out of interest, will we get to see the other’s competitors cars when the races begin? And how much commentary/analysis/review are you going to be doing?[/quote]

I will post a couple-of-sentences length comment on each car. Something like:

Can somebody confirm whether the incorrect drag and ventilation value issue has been fixed? I like how vmo mods look, but with that, they’re technically cheating and that’s why nobody else has allowed their use to this point.

Yeah I heard about that, which is why I didn’t use the Vents, I just stuck to tail lights and Headlights.

Stick to Pyrlix’s mod collection - until VMOs mods are either fixed or the single mod that is unfair is found, I’m not allowing them.

Trust me, I love VMO’s mods, but I don’t want anyone having an unfair advantage that isn’t covered by the rules.

Is there a date deadline by which we have to enter?

E: Car submitted. God speed.

I was going to submit, but a) my car has saving issues, and, b) I didn’t notice the new regulation:

Until just now. I’ll have to retune the car quite significantly as it was poised right on the edge of several limits!

254 is such an awkward number for tires. It means the maximum width in game that we can use is 245, where as if you increased the limit by 1mm, we could jump to 255mm tires.