24 Hours of Ellisbury 1984 [homologation in progress]

So the customer teams can modify it to enter GTP, even if I intend to build it for GTO?

If the car meets the regulations, theoretically any production car can be modified to enter GTO, GTU, GTX and GTP. However, it doesn’t make to much sense to make a GTP car from a production car, so I wouldn’t worry about that

Pheonix Gladius GTO ‘84

Ad for the Gladius in Fushia Red

Pheonix motor company or simply known as “Pheonix” pronounced ‘feonix’ is an automaker from Gasmea that are mainly known for their smaller more compact cars, however this is a newer model that they have cooked up for ’84 known as the Gladius. Gladius comes from a small sword name from roman origin which fits the nature of this smaller sportier car but with some gusto thanks to it being the specially made GTO performance model.

The Looks

Pheonix has decided to go with a more classic muscle car look but with a more european mix as well especially with how the front-end headlights have these slots in between them which is to invoke the look of the 60s muscle cars with their hidden headlights, multiple vents in the bumper the hood and the grille which makes it look like it’s a bat out of hell but the overall car is a lot more compact than a full-size sedan. Five spoke rims have been equipped as well and the blue callipers and the side stripes also match this overall aesthetic of this car and is supposed to make the car feel more special and sporty.

Starting at the back of the car you can see here that the Gladius GTO features the same styling cues from the front of the car, dual tips and a functional small lip spoiler that makes it look a lot sportier and does make the car nimbler and good for those tight corners.

Special edition for the GTO model featuing a sportier steering wheel and special sports seats

The specifications

This is the more souped out homologation model for the 24H Ellisburry event meaning that horsepower and suspension has been revised and upgraded as seen in the ad.
Featuring McPhersons front and double wishbone back making it so it can turn and brake on a dime thanks to it’s upgraded brakes. The all-aluminium PXG8 engine (Pheonix experimental Gasmea 8) which is a 4.4L SOHC 2V V8 mated to a 5-speed manual transmission makes about 247HP and 253lb-ft of torque and thanks to its low weight and a 55F/45R weight distribution it makes it a joy to drive and is very nimble.

This car will have its own race variant for the GTO class however I’m unsure if I should have it so people can use it or not but I think I might decide what to do later on when we have to show our race car variants so I will update it there.

Nontheless here’s the car file if you want to check out the production model of the gladius:
24HE_-BANG-_Pheonix_Gladius_PXG8.car|attachment (82.1 KB)

8 Likes

WINCHESTER WARRIOR K99

The new-for-1984 Winchester Warrior is a two-seater, front-engined V8 sports car with lightweight fiberglass construction. In order to promote the car for competition use, Winchester offers the K99 - a special edition that, while appearing largely identical to the base car, replaces the capable K83 (and to-be-introduced in 1985 K98) engine with the race-ready K99 heavy-duty all-aluminum engine. 20 hp more powerful than the upcoming K98, featuring the same port injection and a forged crankshaft, this engine offers rotating assembly expansion room up to 6.5 liters.

Available now both for private hot-rodders and for professional racing teams throughout North America Gasmea.

7 Likes

Whoops, meant to say GTX

Presenting the

1984 NorĂ°wagen Loki S-6x4

Since Norðwagen’s founding in 1963 as the West-based subsidiary of Dalluha Coach & Motor Works, the Loki series, a rebadge of the DCMW Nashwar, has been one of the companies’ best-received products. Strictly rear-mid engined since the beginning, an all-new generation debuted in 1983 with several innovations and refinements of the core recipe: a small, lightweight, carefully-balanced two-seater with an emphasis on fun and performance.

Among the innovations are inboard brakes on the rear, and on AWD models on the front as well. Offering reduced unsprung weight and a lower moment of inertia in roll and yaw, they further enhance the poise and balance of the machine. RWD models have a frunk, which AWD versions must do without. All, however, have a normal trunk in addition to a sizeable parcel shelf.

Numerous trims are available, ranging from iron-block flat-4 all the way up to billet alu block V12. While all are available in RWD (badged “x2”), most trims in this generation default to helical-type AWD (“x4”) and use one of several flat-six engines. The S-6x2 and S-6x4 are powered by a 6P840-26E-S225 - a 2.6L iron-block flat-six with aluminum 12-valve DOHC heads, tuned to 225hp while retaining everyday useability, reliability, consumption, noise, and costs commesurate with a $25700 car. The athletic performance figures speak for themselves:

(shown partially complete for clarity)

The race version, making 470+hp with the same dimensions, turns this athlete into an outright deity, lapping Ellisbuy comfortably under 2:00 in the GTU class. It is Norðwagen’s intention, pending regulatory approval, to offer the car and both engine versions to the public for race builds.

9 Likes

Question, why does it have inboard brakes? Next to the hot engine?

I mean lotus did it on their F1 car and won 3 championships soo

The reason for inboard brakes is to reduce the unsprung mass. The engine being that close isnt gonna effect anything. Most engines have a operating temp of ~100C while brakes have a operating temp that will be more than that. On performance cars you may see temps of around 200-300C and most race brakes aren’t even effective under 500C as they have to much friction basically.

2 Likes

Cold brakes, my worst enemy.

I hope the blender has a minimum brake temp above 1000C, you gotta be able to make a a full meal in the blender

3 Likes

You’re acting like it has brakes at all.

4 Likes

Nothing about this machine surprises me anymore

3 Likes

alright, phase 1 entries are officially closed. homologation post to follow, hopefully by the end of the week.

9 Likes

lotus did that because of “water cooling” which was actually just a way to run the cars underweight and refill the water tanks after the race so they didn’t get disqualified

no, im 99% sure your thinking of another team, I will fact check

Look here

Edit: The lotus shown before was the lotus 72, which competed 1970-1975, which is earlier the this scandal. Plus even if this only were to be because of “brake cooling”, there are many legitimate reason for inboard brakes which can easily be looked up, the lotus 72 had inboard brakes at the front as well and you can see quite easy from pictures online that there is no water connections or of the sort going to them. I cant find any evidence that would suggest that during the time of the scandal (1982) the brakes were placed inboard specifically for the cooling system, this cheat also came halfway trough the season at which point the car already had the brakes inboard, further more, other teams that were involved in the scandal did not have their brakes inboard.

ok man, i was just reciting something i overheard. It was more about the fact that inboard brakes get less cooling then those in the airflow

1 Like

Well, at least you’ve learned something new now :slight_smile:

Also I didnt mean to come of as upstuck or smth like that, but your comment was writen as a statement after all

UPDATE: I’m gonna try to get some work done on homologation over the weekend but I’m kind of burned out on Automation at the moment so it will take a bit longer than planned. This isn’t a hiatus, I’m just pacing myself so I don’t hate myself

8 Likes

By the way, when is the deadline for submitting our race cars? Has it changed to this weekend?