24 Hours of Ellisbury 1984 [homologation in progress]

alright. consensus seems to be that ET/PU limits are unnecessary so I’m getting rid of them. How do we feel about the ET/PU limit for type 1 and 3 GTP engines? I don’t want them to be too exploitable but the techpool might already take care of that

1 Like

Update after reading my own rules more thoroughly: Exhaust system is free in all classes, including headers. Engines in GTX and GTP cars do not have to be homologated with turbochargers to have a turbo on the race engine (displacement restrictions still apply)

1 Like

Could Weigth-Requirements also be provided in metric? So that we are all on the same Page?

If I chose a Double Wishbone Rear Suspension in the production car, I can’t modify it to be a Multilink or Pushrod Suspension, right?

And is there a limit on the bore x stroke ratio of some kind? Or can I go wild?
I’m talking 110mm bore x52mm stroke wild :smiley:
I’m asking for production engines and racing engines.

@Kobalt619 they are in both on the weight calculator and the GMSA code!

@fabiremi999 yes, you can switch from any independent suspension type to another, or from SA-leaf to SA-coil and vice versa. The only restriction is that driven axles must remain solid or independent as they are in the production car.

No limits on bore/stroke, be as over- or undersquare as you want.

Found it, thanks😅

Let me know in the next couple days if you have any remaining rules concerns. That being said,
ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN FOR PHASE 1
(also phase one deadline is extended to June 15 which was always my intention actually)

I have a question about the tech pool. I have never worked with it before.
I have set the values below the specified prices in the settings and have invested the points in quality. Is that correct?

As far as I understand, techpool and quality settings are 2 seperate settings. Same, but different.

Quality settings affect the time engineers invest into the given part which affects the engineering time, production units, cost and performance of the chosen parts.

For instance if you increase the quality on brakes the engineers take longer to develop them and to build them, the cost of them increases, increasing the cost of your car aswell and in return the brakes work better, weigh less etc.

If you now were to increase the techpool, what happens is you enhance your engineers.
If your car is being built in the year 1984 (for this challenge) and you increase the techpool of, for example, your brakes, by +5 then your engineers basically have the know how of engineers of the year 1989.
This decreases the engineering time, production units and cost of them AND increases the performance and quality. AND you can unlock tech from later years. Lets use brakes again as an example. You will see in the year of 1984 with 0 techpool points invested in brakes you can’t choose 4 piston brake calipers. While when you upgrade the techpool to +6 (upping the engineers knowledge to 1990 standard) you suddenly can choose 4 pot brakes.

So you could say quality is the setting to build better parts at an earlier stage, while techpool increases your technical knowledge thus making it easier and cheaper to build parts.

That makes it quite important to limit techpools in these challenges as there is a lot of room for silly exploits.

IF I’m wrong in any point please correct me, as I wanna improve as well.

2 Likes

Here you say Production-based engines. Engines used in GTU and GTO classes are supposed to be based on their production car, right?

But in the GTO, GTU Summary it’s free. I’m confused, help :face_with_spiral_eyes:

the first quote only applies to GTP engines submitted in phase 1 (although cars to be used as GTO/U entries are submitted in production form in phase 1, including engines in production trim). In phase 2 (race car building), all exhaust systems are free

2 Likes

Thanks for the Clarification! So if I understand it right is „Unlocks+Quality equals legal Techpool“?

Techpool unlocks new options early and makes quality sliders less expensive, yes. As long as the costs for engine and car (as seen on the techpool panel) are below the maximum in the OP, you’re fine. There’s no maximum for quality sliders apart from the effects of the increased material and labor cost from higher quality.

2 Likes

Why is it that GTX is the only class that allows free wheel and tire diameters, when several of your GTP references clearly have smaller front tires than rear tires?

I asked about this, only the rim diameter has to be same front and rear, the tire diameter can be different

Just a few questions:

Are all 4-valve engines classified as race engines? because that doesn’t seem quite right (i dont really understand the wording of that paragraph)

what is the “turbo multiplyer”? does it mean i have to reduce the engine capacity? Im running a 2.8L for the GTU claas if that helps.

Is there a maximum Engineering time/a limit to what can be done with the quality sliders?

What is the maximum tire width for the GTU class?

If i have to remove the hedders from the engine (because they are race hedders) for the homologation car, can i put them back in after?
And as a wider question: how is homologation actually going to work? Like, obviously we need 100 sales and 60% ect, but can i change car components? And if so what?

For GTX, just multiply your engine’s displacement (in cc) by 1.4, and if the result is under 6000cc, you can slap a turbo on it.

but im not competing in GTX, im in GTU. The displacement has to be under 2.8L (with weird turbo thingy), so is the multiplier still 1.4? because if thats the case engines will have to be like 1.9l

As far as I know: If you wanna use a turbo on your engine in GTU class, you’d need less than 2000 ccm displacement. If it’s N/A you need to stay under 2800 ccm. 2800 ccm is not GTU anymore, it’s GTO keep that in mind.
Btw. if you use the 24HE Minimum Weight Calculator and you type in 2800 ccm in GTU class it says illegal (use GTO)

If your engine has 1999 ccm and a turbo (1999 * 1,4 = 2798,6 ) it effectively counts as a 2798,6 ccm displacement engine.

for GTP purposes, 4-valve engines are in categories 2 and 4 so they’re restricted to the same displacements as race engines. They are not considered race engines otherwise.

Any turbocharged engine is considered to be at 1.4x of its displacement, so the maximum size of turbocharged engine in GTU is 2 liters.

ET and quality are only limited by car cost, either to fit into a demographic for production cars or to fit under the 50/100/150K limits for race cars.

All GTU cars have a maximum tire width of 330 mm.

Headers are part of the exhaust system and thus free.

For homologation: right now you are building a production car. It only has to fit the requirements stated for a production car. In phase 2 you can apply any of the allowed modifications to make it into a legal racecar in your desired class