24 Hours of Ellisbury 1984 [homologation in progress]

Thx

1 Like

If I wanna compete in the GTU class, does my production car version need to have less than 2.8L displacement aswell, or only the race car?

Little curious on the techpool costs since Iā€™ve never paid attention to them before. We donā€™t want the TOTAL costs to go above the listed amounts, correct?

For example, for a production based engine, I donā€™t want the total costs for the tech pool and lab costs to go above 10M. For the production car, I donā€™t want the total costs to go above 20M. For the GTU/GTO car, I donā€™t want the costs to go above 40M.

from my understanding, the engines displacement must be the same (other then underboring)
Although its not really advantageous to use a bigger engine, because it messes with the tuning.

Itā€™s the total cost (Lab and tech pool)

1 Like

Iā€™ve put my car into the GTU minimum weight spreadsheet, and its come out higher then i can actually get the car. (1.27tonnes)
Does the production car have to weigh more then this weight, or can i try to fix it in the race version (might be able to gain 200kgā€™s with fat tires & saftey, but it is doubtful)

only the race engine needs to be below 2.8 liters, you can use deboring or destroking to achieve this

no restrictions on production car weight. For the race car, deboring or destroking the engine will also lower your minimum weight if all else fails

Any ideas on how to increase the weight of the race car so it can actually reach spec? (1.2 Tonnes for a 2L does seem a bit too beefy)

for increasing the weight switching to advanced safety, increasing the weight slider, and increasing safety quality should all help. And you can always go the other way and reduce engine displacement.

unfortunately, even if i put the weight slider all the way too max, add the biggest tires i can (to the detriment of handling) and making everything advanced, im still nearly 100kg underweight.
Its not a small car either, its over 4.3m long.
To me (and this is just an opinion) it doesnā€™t seem fair to make the minimum weight of turbo cars x1.4, as well as reducing the engine capacity by 1.4.

Try playing around with quality sliders and techpool for Chassis and Body. Try using heavier panel material and chassis material if possible. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the chasis is already steel, and i even have seats in the back

Also curious since I canā€™t use techpools, how do you use the techpool in sandbox to unlock technologies early? Letā€™s say I want multilink a few years early, how do I use the techpool to unlock it?

On the right side of the quality slider all the way at the bottom, there should be a button that says +5 by default. Press it to open the techpool and adjust your Chassis techpool points to at least +6 to unlock multilink suspension in the year 1984.

the most recent version on steam has techpool. If you donā€™t have tech pool, then thereā€™s something bigger at play.

I do got techpool, but Iā€™ve never touched it before

Also thanks fabiremi999 Iā€™ll give it a shot

I mean honestly at that point consider making the engine slightly larger and entering it in GTO, thereā€™s potentially a 700 lb drop in min weight between the largest GTU engines and the smallest GTO engines.
That being said, minimum weights are not something Iā€™m going to change because even putting into account that Automation sometimes handles weight differently than real life, trying to create my own weight table balanced around that would be A. nearly impossible and B. not in the spirit of the challenge, which is to adhere as closely as possible in game to the 1984 IMSA GT regulations. The 1.4x modifier for turbos is also straight from the regulations, and frankly still leaves turbochargers somewhat overpowered considering they can add much more than 40% more horsepower.

Iā€™m still really new to challenges so this is a very dumb question sorry, are we allowed to modify the top end for GTU? I noticed that GTP is the only one that specifically refers to bottom and top end in its modification list.

yes, you are. I will make that more clear in the rules.

1 Like