24 Hours of Ellisbury 1984 [homologation in progress]

Maximum complete wheel width (section width): 16 Inches” Is this per wheel or per axel?

use the sandbox company only, no tech offset allowed.

wheel width is 16" per wheel.

I didn’t say anything about ads in the OP so idk if it’s fair to make them mandatory but showcase posts are very much encouraged, especially for production cars; ideally I’d like them to have a little info on the in-lore history of the car and its manufacturer. These are mostly just for fun but they will help me when it comes time to write blurbs in the homologation post.

2 Likes

So according to this, any GTP engine that is 4 valve is limited to 4 liters N/A(engine type 2) and anything that’s 2 valve or pushrod is limited to 6 liters N/A?

Would we be allowed to shift the whole wheelbase backwards or forwards to help comply with the overhang restrictions and execute other design shapes? Sometimes a body has a large front overhang, but the rear can be morphed very short. Allowing the wheelbase to be slid around would help counteract these limitations. Also, are we allowed to alter things like sidewall curve and rim center offset to provide more realistic tyre shapes and wheel depths?

Also, is there a provision manufacturers that want to exclude their homologated GTP engine from the pool for others to use in part 2? Some companies can be rather protective over their engine technology (thinking brands like ferrari and porsche here)and wouldn’t want their engines being used without their express permission.

2 Likes

Since showcase posts are enncouraged, I guess I’ll break the ice :smiley:

Lo and behold The Remi CXR GT

At first the Compact EXperimental RWD GT has been built with racing in mind. Later Remi Automotives decided to build a street version aswell, since it’s mandatory for homologation purposes.
Under the hood of the street spec hides a eco friendly 3.4L V6 12V DOHC that pushes a chassis-bending 202 horsepower, weighs only 1105 KG and yet it still reaches an impressive 276 km/h.
With a price of 21.300$ it sure is a bargain!

And most importantly, it’s available for competitors!

2 Likes

I read that all wheels must be the same diameter, but what about width? Are we free to have narrower tires on one axle?

width is free up to the specified maximum

1. correct
  2. I’m really averse to changing the position of the wheels in any way if it can be avoided. Sidewall curve and rim center offset are fine I think but I’d rather not for pretty much any other wheel ATS
  3. It’s an opt-in system. When I’m checking through my PMs I’ll ask if you want to make it available to customers; if not, it’ll still be listed in the homologation post but without the .car file.

is the width per tire or both tires

Can we use these bodies (LMP 80s) (they’re vanilla) to make a street car, which will then be omologated for GTU/GTO?

Considering the front engine variant of that body was styled after this car, the Panoz Esperante GTR-1, I’d assume it’s fine, as long as it fits within the original ruleset of no open wheels and no legacy bodies and no convertibles

per tire

if you can sell enough of them, sure.

How can I improve desirability?

Is this all right for the GTU?

The terminal oversteer is the big issue, that means the car is very unstable and will spin out a lot
id look into the various ways of turning that to understeer (which is prefferred as long as the line stays between the two drivability and sportiness lines until as late as possible
ficing the overseer would also help desirability

I’ve tried to gain understeer but it results in lower drivabillity and lower sportiness

Look at what particular stats the market you are aiming for wants. Then go to the desirability section and see what is giving you plus and minus points on for example sportiness

If our production car for homologation has a wing (under which air passes), will we be allowed to keep that, or do we have to use a spoiler (which isn’t “raised” off the bodywork)?

pro tip: use 91 Octane (ROZ/RON) fuel :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
your fuel availability of under 40% probably causes the low desirability

1 Like