24 Hours of Ellisbury 1984 [homologation in progress]

needs to be in the spoiler category either way

And one more thing - How do we measure the spoiler so itā€™s not bigger than 6 inches or whatever? Some ruler mod?

On a sidenote, I donā€™t think aero fixture size has an effect, only the number of fixtures and the sliders.

I am gonna be fairly lenient on that rule because as you said, it doesnā€™t actually affect performance. That said, there are vanilla ruler fixtures in the misc section

Production cars must have a normalized desirability of 60% in at least one of the Sport demographics

What does ā€œnormalized desirabilityā€ mean? How do I check it?

also

The minimum for any tech is 0. A maximum of 5 negative quality slider points can be distributed across each of car and engine.

Does ā€œmaximumā€ mean we canā€™t go below or above -5 quality per techpool category? I could see reasons to do both beyond -5 and under -5 so Iā€™m just checking

normalized desirability is desirability adjusted for affordability, it shows up alongside the vehicle stats in the main screen.

you cannot use more than 5 negative quality slider (not techpool) points TOTAL for the car or the engine, e.g. you could put -1 into each of body, safety, aero, assists, and suspension, or you could put -5 into safety, but they must add up to no lower than -5 total. You have a budget of -5 for the engine, and another -5 for the car.

2 Likes

Presenting the Calber Copacabana GTO! Derived from a sports car/grand tourer, the GTO variant is the dream muscle car, featuring an all new, high tech, fully aluminium V8, widened body, and for the first time on a Calber automobile, all wheel drive!

Iā€™m split on having the car available to competitors, Iā€™ll give an update on this as we get closer to the race car entry.

As a fun fact, this is a car Iā€™m actually making in campaign, so itā€™s actually got a story!

4 Likes

Alright, thanks

There is no need for a mod, there is a ruler built into the vanilla game, probably in the misc section

Hello !!

This challenge is extremely interesting, as well as extremely complex in its rules, and thank you for offering it ! But I therefore have a few (clears his throat loudly) questionsā€¦ (that havenā€™t been asked before - at least Iā€™m pretty sure)

1. To be clear : for phase 1, we provide a production car with its production engine (or only a race engine if we go for GTP). But if we use a variant of the original production engine, we donā€™t have to provide that tuned variant in phase 1, right ? Only the production variant ?

2. Does the race engine/variant have to respect emission regulations ? Itā€™s not specified, therefore I guess it doesnā€™t have toā€¦ Now I hope it doesnā€™t cause Iā€™ll get everyoneā€™s nerves over me for asking ^^ā€™ Same question for noise, does it have to have at least one muffler ?

3. You talk about fuel tank capacity, Iā€™m guessing itā€™s for calculations only, but does the actual car has to reflect it somehow ? I donā€™t really see how except maybe visually ?

4. Iā€™m a bit nervous about this oneā€¦ Advanced Trim Settingsā€¦ So Iā€™m guessing sound tweaking is ok (?), but I couldnā€™t let my OCD not take over and I put a +3 on the body Z offset (to align it to the chassis). Now that Iā€™ve put 300+ fixtures in place, I donā€™t wanna move everything again, please tell me thatā€™s okay with a tap on my shoulder x) I also moved the engine X, Y and Z (all of this is for the production car btw, and I kept it the same for the race version).

5. For this race version though, I do have to push the wheels out a bit (+10 front, +20 rear), because of the body I chose (mod : 1979 Peugeot 505, fast checking if itā€™s ok). If I donā€™t do the offset, the wheels look very weird with the fenders poking out a lotā€¦ I already reduced their depth, making it almost reconsider my GTX entry into a GTU oneā€¦ By the way I struggle knowing what this race car goes into, I guess weā€™ll see later for phase 2.

6. No for the rest, Iā€™ll wait for phase 2 :slight_smile:

If itā€™s a yes for every point, Iā€™ll have my entry as a proud answer, the most detailed car I ever made I think !

1. correct
  2. race engines do not have to pass noise or emissions
  3. donā€™t worry about it, itā€™s just for the calculations
  4. thatā€™s all okay!
  5. so is that
  6. :slight_smile:
1 Like

Coming from Mendaux, Val-du-Mauve (Gasmea), Brunelle is a generic cars manufacturer who has been racing since the early days of the automobile. It is the third manufacturer of the region, after Chanion and Danhiez. With Danhiez, they form the ā€œBrunelle-Danhiez SociĆ©tĆ© Motoristeā€ (find the short version yourself) since 1966 and share more and more of their platform.

Whereas Danhiez innovations are more comfort focused, Brunelleā€™s are still somewhat turned towards sportiness, often working with Joliet and Fernac, two fellow manufacturers having a bigger name in racing than in mass production. With Joliet, Brunelle formed the Brunelle Sport division 3 years ago in 1981, and are focusing their work on a rally version of the brand new Brunelle 200.

The Brunelle 500 was introduced in may 1979, with the MI trim, a premium sedan equipped with one of the first MPFI system Brunelle offered from a work with Fernac in their also new ā€œPontinā€ 2,2L block. Since then, they have been working on a turbo version of this ā€“ now improved ā€“ MPFI system. They are now proud to present : the Brunelle 500 Turbo.

It is equipped with the BF (Brunelle-Fernac) Pontin 2,2L Turbo, capable of 158 hp with an early spool. A new limited-slip differential developped with Danhiez and Fernac has been installed and provides the car strong yet smooth traction improvments. It also has rear discs brakes, and the front ones have been ventilated. Itā€™s main visual change, the lower front bumper together with the rear spoiler lip also provide the car improved performances at high speed.

Fernacā€™s main mechanic, Jean-Pierre Le Grand, was very interested in the project and has been approved by Brunelle to push his experiments as far as he wanted for a racing version. He has been working on the 500 from the beginning and knows exactly where he goes. He has announced its participation to the upcoming 24 Hours of Ellisbury, with his formidable Brunelle 500 Superturboā€¦

Brunelle is now announcing that the
Brunelle 500 Turbo
along with its BF Pontin 2.2L Turbo
are available for any serious race team to modify

Although no pre-selection will be made, if a racing team wants Brunelleā€™s support and sponsoring (i.e. Put on ā€œBRUNELLEā€ decals as racing sponsors, and get a featured ad along with J.P. Le Grandā€™s Superturbo entry), the team will have to contact me, sending their demand along with their creation (before the main decals are added). In order to do so, just DM me here :slight_smile:

PS : no, this is not a complete shameful copy of real life car.

12 Likes

Not convinced ? Try it yourself in BeamNG :slight_smile: (steering and speed/RPM needles are working)

Brunelle 500 Turbo (1984) (this link expires on the 15th of june)

@everyone phase 1 deadline is currently set for less than a week away. I currently have production car entries from:
@Kobalt619
@icrafter
@fabiremi999
@Gautske
and @Dildoplocus
and GTP engine entries from:
@Ritz
@Riley
and @fabiremi999

If you want to enter but would need an additional week or so to get your entry in let me know sooner rather than later. I have no particular attachment to this deadline but I donā€™t want the people who already submitted to feel cheated out of extra time

Thanks!

2 Likes

Quick question, i know we can enter in 2 classes, but if i wanted to enter the same car in two classes, but change the engine so it was the right displacement, how would i do that?

Those are some nice visuals.
Could you do mine? My pc instantly crashes when i load up photo mode and doesnā€™t have a graphics card, so all i have right now is the editor with fixed lighting.

Thanks for the compliment^^
I had that kind of issue quite a long time ago. Iā€™m pretty sure if you enter photo mode at lowest quality settings, do your stuff like so and only in the end enable better graphics settings to take the picture, itā€™ll work. If it doesnā€™t even do that, man, Iā€™d be happy to help, but I donā€™t like taking pictures that much, I had a pretty hard time getting those together. So if I do so, Iā€™ll do basic stuff and not many.

just send in a single road car, then send both racecar variants in phase 2

but what if i want a higher capacity engine? (like for gto and gtu)

do i need to make another car if i want another size engine, or can i just say it was sold with 2 engine options (i will submit both stock engines)

submit it as two separate .car files, that should be fine