24 Hours of Ellisbury 1984 [homologation in progress]

Does that mean in order to participate in the GTU class I’ve got to submit a production car with an engine that uses a 2 valve cylinder head? What about 3 valve per cylinder? Is that allowed for engines of 2 - 2.8 liters displacement?

production car engines can have any valve configuration, but 2-valve engines under 2 liters can be changed to 4 valves for the race car. The IMSA regulations I based this on do not say anything about 3 valve engines but I’m tempted to say they would be put in the 4-valve category based on having more than 2 valves.

The minimum for any tech is 0. A maximum of 5 negative quality points can be distributed across each of car and engine.

I don’t understand this bit. We are only allowed 0 in any category but we can go -5?

0 is the minimum for techpool, -5 for actual quality sliders

2 Likes

Would there be a potential opening to modify someone else’s homologated car for GTU/O/X in lieu of homologating your own car, assuming an opt-in system?

Hey, I noticed the part about pre-homologated engines, and I’m considering making an engine for this challenge, possibly for people to use. Would you consider advertising The Crate Engine Thread in the main post as a tool to use and submit pre-homologated engines there so as to not clog up this thread (with permission from @IncredibleHondaFit, of course!)

oh also, I know there’s a level of “RP/Flavour” to all this, but unifiying all the measurements to one system or providing all measurements in both Imperial and Metric would be a lot better, rather than having to constantly convert between or make your in-game measurement units all manners of fucked up.

1 Like

I was gonna mention that too, but I forgot. The US, Canada and Mexico are the only countries that use AKI (to my knowledge), and it would be nice to provide a more accurate RON value, so we don’t have to give one with 16 decimal places. Absolutely love the idea of this challenge, but making it less accessible to international players will limit your submissions to those who set AKI in the game or are willing to jump through hurdles.

As I understand it, 87 AKI is basically 91 RON, 91 AKI is 95 RON

1 Like

It’s not even just RON v AKI. The GMSA Code has measurements presented in both Metric and Imperial some places, but in other places are only presented in Imperial.

The Minimum Weight calculator and the GMSA code output the same weights in different measurements which is unneeded confusion, especially when using cc but outputting a lb weight in the calculator.

1 Like

The wording of the code is taken straight from the 1984 IMSA code. I thought that the mixed units were strange too which is why the calculator outputs all weights in the same unit, but I can change the code if need be to prevent confusion. I also don’t think using pounds and cc together is that odd, the US has been measuring displacement in liters consistently since the 80s. (but I’ll see how I can make it more accessible)
As for RON vs AKI I can provide RON equivalents, I’ll get those up tomorrow and for now will make sure I put the Automation name for the fuel type (which is the same regardless of units)

You can now directly export engines from the Engine Designer, so this step is not required anymore.

you can, but importing them doesn’t seem to work consistently, the one time I tried it took like 5 quit+restarts for it to show up in Auto (and even then idk what happened to make it work)

Is this on each axle or combined front/rear (i.e. under 3000cc can have 155mm fronts and 175mm rears)?

I’ll heed everyones words by saying a more standard/both units of measurement would be very appreciated
And now a few questions
For GTP engines, do we submit the engine we’re actually using for the car so it can be homologated, or does this not matter because there’s no production versions anyway?

For GTP tyre choice can we choose race tyres?

Tyre widths I assume are per axle? If not then that’s a little scary.

Tire widths are per axle
All cars must use radial race medium tires
The engine you’re submitting for homologation must be in street trim if it’s a type 1 or 3 engine, type 2 or 4 engines don’t have to be. In both cases any of the permitted modifications can be made to the engine after homologation, while designing the car.

Hypothetically
if i entered this, what class would fit it best, if any at all?

4 Likes

if it weren’t for the engine moved to the back I would say GTX but because of that I think it would have to be entered in GTP

Last I checked, the forum doesn’t accept .engine files.

what does single ignition mean in the engine rules?