ABC(Automation Buddy Challenge)[COMPLETE]

Welcome to the Automation Buddy Challenge:

This challenge will consist of you and a partner to take part in this challenge, however the kicker is that I will choose to partner you up with the names in the google forms. The two of you can decide who does who in any matter such as how one could do the mechanical engineering while the other does the styling.

Things to not be used:

1. V16s - I don’t have the DLC and it’d be unfair to the rest of those who don’t have it as well
  2. Mod bodies - Can be exploited
  3. Cars with unknown mod fixtures - If I can’t download it, I can’t take it: Another thing to mention is that if you do use mod fixtures, please give me the link to what you’ve used so that I can properly load the car in.
  4. Reasonable usage of advanced trim(ask me if you have questions)

Automation Buddy Challenge

Welcome to the ABC of which you and another user would work together to make a car fit for the challenge.

To prove you actually did it with someone, you shall provide some details the two of you have done by showing the engineering or designing made by the two. This is to root out any partners that are not doing their part of the challenge or simply ignoring to work with their partner.

You must work with your partner or else…

The challenge:

James is a college student in Texas who worked at his local burger joint for 9 months to help him buy his first car. His budget is $10,000 and he wants something practical as though he would like to be seen in a sports car, it is more of a wise pick to choose something more sensible.

It is wise for him to choose something that is economical and easy to maintain as for all college students don’t have that much money to begin with. Here are the rules

Requirements:

1. Year set to 1990
  2. Car must be less than $10,000.
  3. Car must be able to seat 4 people - he has some friends to take.
  4. Car must emit less than 2500 emission units found at last the tab - he doesn’t want to upset his environmentally friendly image.
  5. Car should have a comfort rating of at least 25 - he doesn’t want to drive in misery.
  6. Car should have a minimum safety score of 35 - he doesn’t want to die in his first car.
  7. Car should have 45 drivability - He has some prior experience with heavy duty vehicles, but he is by no means an expert driver.

Priorities:

:star: :star: :star: :star:

• Gas mileage - he wants something that doesn’t break the bank due it not being able to be driven in the morning.
  • Reliability - James isn’t something who wants to spend his time with the mechanic especially when he has a test on that day
  • Service costs - It would help James to maximize his money if the car is cheap to maintain.

:star: :star: :star:

• Drivability - He wants something simple to use
  • Comfort - He already is tired of life
  • Fuel - the type of fuel would have some effect on James’ decision due to gas prices

:star: :star:

• Sportiness - If he has time - he could try auto crossing
  • Off road - unless it is an SUV or truck - I don’t think it’s that important

:star:

• Top speed - He doesn’t have high hopes to reach it - try to at least go 110 mph.
  • towing capacity - unless it is a truck or SUV, it doesn’t matter.

Regarding tech pool:

Default - you’re welcome

1 Like

I’ll make the Google form and poll once I get home.

What are people making? There should probably be rules associated with this, so that people know if they want to enter.

1 Like

simple solution: Download all the current mods

I’ll make a poll regarding what this challenge is about after I make a form that registers the people into this challenge as I would like to first see who wants in then make a challenge on what people vote for.

Easier said than done, just show me the mods at use and I’ll take it in. I have school and all, and I just want a smooth operation of the things.

I’m not able to be on discord due to bad connectivity on my phone.

not only would downloading all mods make running challenges much easier, but it would also majorly improve the options you have making cars. The only reason there would be to not download all the mods is lack of storage or if you pirated the game (which I know you havnt)

5 Likes

The game tells you what mods to download when you load a car in now, it does it all inside the game

Also you would be better off putting up what car you want people to make before getting names. Some people just don’t like certain types of cars

6 Likes

Ok, before I get people in. What cars do you want to build? This will stay up for 1 week.

• Race cars
  • Off road beasts
  • Rally legends
  • Economical/budget cars
  • Luxury cars
  • Trucks
  • Sports cars

0 voters

1 Like

what eras would they be? This would be the decider of if I enter or not

Another poll!!!

• 10s
  • 00s
  • 90s
  • 80s
  • 70s
  • 60s
  • 50s

0 voters

1 Like

i am utterly flabbergasted and wholly bamboozled that people want fiats and smart cars over rally legends

3 Likes

It’s especially easy with Delta’s collection. It’s not entirely up to date but it’s easy enough to go through the workshop mass ticking anything newer that you want then letting the game tell you what you might’ve missed when you import a car.

I’m going to close the polls because a week is far too long and would cause this challenge to become obsolete.

So 90s eco cars it is.

50% voted for budget cars, and 54% of you vote for the 90s. I’ll be putting together the challenge once I formulate some rules real quick(after my physics homework)

Given that I’m generally better at engineering than styling, I would prefer to handle the former for my build.

Automation Buddy Challenge

Welcome to the ABC of which you and another user would work together to make a car fit for the challenge.

To prove you actually did it with someone, you shall provide some details the two of you have done by showing the engineering or designing made by the two. This is to root out any partners that are not doing their part of the challenge or simply ignoring to work with their partner.

You must work with your partner or else…

The challenge:

James is a college student in Texas who worked at his local burger joint for 9 months to help him buy his first car. His budget is $10,000 and he wants something practical as though he would like to be seen in a sports car, it is more of a wise pick to choose something more sensible.

It is wise for him to choose something that is economical and easy to maintain as for all college students don’t have that much money to begin with. Here are the rules

Requirements:

1. Year set to 1990

2. Car must be less than $10,000.

3. Car must be able to seat 4 people - he has some friends to take.

4. Car must emit less than 2500 emission units found at last the tab - he doesn’t want to upset his environmentally friendly image.

5. Car should have a comfort rating of at least 25 - he doesn’t want to drive in misery.

6. Car should have a minimum safety score of 35 - he doesn’t want to die in his first car.

7. Car should have 45 drivability - He has some prior experience with heavy duty vehicles, but he is by no means an expert driver.

Priorities:

:star: :star: :star: :star:

• Gas mileage - he wants something that doesn’t break the bank due it not being able to be driven in the morning.

• Reliability - James isn’t something who wants to spend his time with the mechanic especially when he has a test on that day

• Service costs - It would help James to maximize his money if the car is cheap to maintain.

:star: :star: :star:

• Drivability - He wants something simple to use

• Comfort - He already is tired of life

• Fuel - the type of fuel would have some effect on James’ decision due to gas prices

:star: :star:

• Sportiness - If he has time - he could try auto crossing

• Off road - unless it is an SUV or truck - I don’t think it’s that important

:star:

• Top speed - He doesn’t have high hopes to reach it - try to at least go 110 mph.

• towing capacity - unless it is a truck or SUV, it doesn’t matter.

Regarding tech pool:

Default - you’re welcome.

1 Like

Do not enter the challenge before you get partnered up.

Here is the link: ABC registration

To prove you did a car with your partner:

You and your partner must verify the fact that you both indeed did collaborate by showing the things the two of you did.

One can post the image of what he and his partner did, then his partner would verify that he indeed did what his partner said.

I put in my registration.

5 people are in registration, I hope to see 1-3 more people enter this challenge.

Because with 8 people, I get 4 groups made

1 more person to join in the ABC. Then I’ll pair the partners and soon announce who would be working with who.