Here is a link to the first automation buddy challenge
I’m not sure how much life is in this challenge running a second round, but since I have been sitting on the hosting of this for some months maybe now is the time to put out the feelers so to speak
The task is to work in your two person teams to create a commuter car for 1979 United States, obviously with the fuel crisis and emissions controls in full effect downsizing is the order of the day and a giant V8 land yacht just won’t cut it against the European and Japanese imports now being solid in America.
- Car model: open
- Car trim: 1979
- Wheelbase: between 2.4-2.8m
- No legacy bodies
- Sedan, hatchback or wagon bodies only
- Five seats
- Maximum cost of $10,000
- 1979 CAFE rules of 19mpg(US) lower limit
- No semi slicks.
- Advanced trim is on a case by case basis so ask if you want to change anything. Visibility settings have free reign however.
- Realism is somewhat expected but those limits can be pushed within reason.
- Challenge will be run in the open beta version
- Engine family: open
- Engine variant: 1979
- Fuel: 91 RON
- WES6 emissions standards
- Maximum noise limits: 50
- Nothing that says “race” in the name
For techpool start with the base of five points in every section which is the default.
From there each slider can be moved in either direction by three points, ie a minimum of two points and a maximum of eight for each area. The total techpool must remain the same however so when taking points from one area they should be added onto another to even out the points total.
- COST, purchase price, fuel economy and service costs are all here. Don’t go too low on the purchase price though this is a car for every day driving.
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESISTANCE
- Rules up from 13 October to 20 October, new entrants can put their names in a private message to be included at this time
- 21 October, groups will be revealed in private messages and round will open for submissions
- 13 November round will close, giving four full weekends for teams to work together.
- Resubmissions allowed up until the closing date due to any upcoming game updates.
- Naming should follow “ATUC - your username” in the car model and engine family sections