AGC35 - Nitro Nights [RESULTS OUT]

AGC35
Nitro Nights

The Idea
In “Nitro Nights,” players take on the role of Ryo Takahashi, a rising star in the underground car culture scene of Daikoku, Japan. Known for his impeccable taste in car customization and his raw driving talent, Ryo dreams of becoming the “King of Nitro Nights,” the ultimate title awarded to the top racer who embodies both style and power.

Main Story

Story Overview

In this vibrant, neon-lit world, car shows are not just exhibitions; they are fierce battlegrounds where the best of the best compete for supremacy. Each month, the streets of Daikoku transform into a dazzling arena where local car clubs showcase their vehicles in high-stakes contests. These competitions are judged on two main criteria: the visual artistry of the car’s design and the raw power exhibited in racing and stunt performances.

To achieve his goal, Ryo must first defeat the reigning champions of three notorious car clubs:

1. Rev Rebels
  • Leader: Kenta “Redline” Nakamura
  • Signature Style: High-octane, explosive power mods, and aggressive aesthetics.
  • Challenge: To defeat the Rev Rebels, Ryo must outmatch them in a series of high-speed races through the city’s most dangerous and winding roads, showcasing not only speed but also precision and control.
  1. Samurai Streetburners
  • Leader: Yumi “Phantom” Tanaka
  • Signature Style: Sleek, sharp designs inspired by traditional samurai armor, combined with cutting-edge technology.
  • Challenge: Ryo must engage in a drifting competition in the industrial sector of Daikoku, where the Samurai Streetburners are known for their flawless drifts and tight cornering skills. Here, finesse and style take precedence over sheer speed.
  1. Neon Nightshades
  • Leader: Hiro “King” Saito
  • Signature Style: Futuristic, neon-lit cars that glow under the night sky, with an emphasis on innovative designs and light shows.
  • Challenge: The final and most daunting challenge, Ryo faces the Neon Nightshades in a multi-part event that includes a car show exhibition, an LED light show contest, and a night-time street race where visibility is low, but the spectacle is high.

Gameplay and Progression

Players guide Ryo through various events and challenges, earning points and upgrades for their cars. Each victory against a gang brings Ryo closer to the coveted title and unlocks new customization options, parts, and special abilities.

1. Car Shows: Players must meticulously design and customize their cars, balancing aesthetics with performance-enhancing mods. Judges score based on creativity, coherence of theme, and technical execution.
  2. Racing Challenges: High-speed races where players must navigate through city streets, avoiding obstacles and outrunning opponents.
  3. Drifting Competitions: Precision-based events where players must drift through marked sections of the course, maintaining control and style.
  4. Showdown Events: Epic, multi-stage events that combine all aspects of the game—design, racing, and stunts—culminating in a final face-off against the gang leader.

Key Features

• Deep Customization: Extensive car customization options allow players to create unique vehicles that reflect their personal style.
  • Dynamic Environment: The streets of Daikoku change with each event, featuring different weather conditions, times of day, and traffic patterns.
  • Rich Storyline: Engaging narrative with colorful characters, each with their own backstory and motivation, adding depth to the competition.
  • Multiplayer Mode: Players can compete against friends or online rivals in various events, showcasing their creations and skills.

Will Ryo Takahashi climb to the top step, earning the title of “King of Nitro Nights,” or will he be crushed under the pressure of Daikoku’s elite? The journey is filled with challenges, rivalries, and the relentless pursuit of automotive excellence.

To be clear here, I am looking for a finished car, not something you’d get at the start of the run. Show me the car which would be the final upgraded version at the end of the story. The car must be able to (look like it can) beat the other gangs in competition. (Drifting, racing and a show car.)

Priorities

starstarstar

Aesthetic - See inspirations for further details

Driveability - A car that’s capable of handling, not just speed
This will be a little more than just the stat itself, so keep that in mind.

Sportiness - A car that can challenge the others
This will be a little more than just the stat itself, so keep that in mind.

Prestige - Ryo needs to look good infront of the other members

starstar

Reliability (Quick time event timing) - How easy is the window to get the QTE

Safety - The safer the car is the more hits the player can take

Comfort - The more comfortable the car is the more hits the player can take

star

Any other stat not mentioned is not worth going for.

RULES
Model and Family year - FREE

Trim and Variant year - 2020

$50,000 Max Price

Up to 98RON is allowed

No race parts - This includes Turbo and N/A Race headers, Race intake and race tyres.
EXCLUDES Semislicks (this means they are allowed)

Car must look road legal - Lights, indicators, rear plate (no front is ok)

Techpool default +5 all round for engine AND trim

No limits on Quality

Must submit an ad with atleast 1 image

You will get one resubmission before the deadline

Naming Scheme and Deadlines
Model and Family name: AGC35 – [your forum name]
Trim and Variant name: Free

Rules deliberation until Thursday 30th May 20:00 GMT
Entries will close Sunday 16th June 23:59 GMT

Other notes about rules

An Interior is recommended and will give very minor boost to the design overall (Seat, Dashboard and Steering wheel counts)

As this is rule deliberation currently, I will accept suggestions for inspirations to be added (and not inspirations) It is also an AGC round, but default techpool is my sort of thing, if anything I’d increase it to be “2024”, so +9 all round but that seems a little op with the current budget. Discuss.

Inspirations

Modified cars, supercars that have been modded would be ok here but don’t stick a wing on it and call it a day. Be interesting, I’m not looking for a spec racecar, but a show car that can do both. Think about how some bodykits don’t look good, but would improve overall performance anyway, these are meant to stick out, be flashy and over the top.

If it’s not clear already, put underglow on your car atleast.

What I don't want

Don’t give me a plain supercar. Don’t give me a shitbox that delivers tofu and bento boxes.
Don’t send me a chrome gold car, I will end you. Please be more original than that.

Previous AGC

Get in the mood here

YouTube Music

(not sorry for this one)
Tokyo drift

Redline soundtrack

Lambo Night

Tokyo Underground

LBWK Tokyo

Written with the help of ChatGPT, any resemblance to the dreams of real people is entirely unintended, I hate spreadsheets and people who can't finish their challenges
10 Likes

Who wants to collab? :slight_smile:

just a heads up, the text in the dropdown menus isn’t readable

3 Likes

would you do the styling or engineering?

Does the Lambos with LEDs not clash a bit with drifting being one of the main features in the game? So would a mid engined supercar score lower since its not good at drifting?

2 Likes

Suppose I’ll leave these here :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I can do either!!!

A stock model would be of no use as-is, but one that’s been wildly modified in the style of the challenge would be accepted.

A few minor things:

1. About the drifting - I’m a bit confused as to how I would approach tuning the car - should we make them like very oversteery or something? What about drive types (is AWD allowed?)?
  2. How important exactly are the LEDs? Are there any mods other than tinty that allow you to get differently coloured glow?
  3. Is there some context behind the QTEs and is that important at all?

It needs to look like it can go sideways, if you have pikes peak style aero, that’s not going to cut it. It needs style, perhaps a livery if you wanted would go well.

The LEDS are fairly paramount, how else would you stand out from the rest of the cars?

Reliability is just a stat that I’m giving a different meaning since it’s a video game. It’s the same as always, higher is better.

2 Likes

No limitations on Advanced Trim Settings… correct? Sometimes you can’t get the widebody look without wheel offset or the slammed look without height adjustment.

1 Like

As long as you’re “sensible” with ATS I see no reason not to use it. Don’t increase the wheelbase by like a metre though :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

So just look like it? And tuned for street racing?
(also, a bunch of questions went unanswered)

What I’m saying is that, it shouldn’t be a cup spec style aero thing, it needs to be style before function.

3 Likes

I have a few Pontiac Fiero related ideas…

I guess if there’s no complaints, then challenge open.

4 Likes

Jefferson Granjero Pro Touring

With independent rear suspension, air ride, a new drivetrain with AWD, a 7-speed manual transmission and a twin-turbo V8, as well as a host of exterior and interior customisations, this humble late 50’s car-truck can now keep up with the mightiest supercars and tuner cars.

11 Likes

Currently working on a car… not too sure if it fits the theme of this challenge just yet though…

2 Likes

No idea how to get stuff to glow in the dark so no night shots, but this is my current WIP…

1 Like