AGC36 - The Blacklist [Complete]

Hello again!!! I had to re-write some reviews (minor) because of a new addition to our list! AndiD's AMM Paragon 4.6 woohoo!!! Lets go.
AGC36 - Results

Results – Part Two!

7th – @AndiD – AMM Paragon 4.6

Agility: 1st
Speed: 9th
Toughness: 11th

The AMM Paragon 4.6’s first impressions are that its pretty short and stubby - tiny car with small wheels and even smaller side mirrors lol. Design impressions is that it doesn’t really look bad per se - and maybe not even average in this field of competitors either unfortunately. This car was purely and entirely carried by its engineering, with by far the best drivability rating, and really good reliability. Sportiness and comfort also surprisingly doesn’t suffer either, so it’s really well tuned. Which leads us to… agility, where this car takes 1st place! Nice. It has the highest 20m cornering by far at 1.25G’s, while still offering good 200m cornering too. The Paragon also is by far the most compact car in the list, and with its much below average weight of 1291kg, it easily takes the top spot in the agility category, although body control is quite bad (but still overshadowed by the plus points). Speed-wise, this car only scored 9th, and even though it has a quite large (for its size) 4.5L naturally-aspirated V8 making a healthy 534hp, it still can’t match the others in the field, with the worst stop speed of the bunch at 325km/hr and only average acceleration values of 2.83s. It’s quarter mile is also just okay, at 10.31s. Toughness is also something this small car can’t keep up with, only placing 11th, possibly because of the worst safety score of the field, at 56.19. Reliability is good, but again - vastly overshadowed by its light weight, tiny size, bad environmental resistance, and a not-really tough looking exterior. All in all, this car is quite weirdly designed - at first glance its small, and it is somewhat, with a wheelbase of 2.54m, but those tiny wheels and tiny mirrors and small headlights just doesn’t really scream menacing as a police interceptor lol.

Ivan: “A very interesting entry, very stubby and out of proportion & super small wheels make the otherwise decent fascias seem very off.”

Oreo: “Hmm right up, I don’t really like the short proportions - it looks like it’s squeezed length-wise lol. Also, the wheels seem not that performant compared with the visual body mass above it - it seems a bit small. Also, the side mirrors are a bit out of place on a what-looks-to-be modern car.”

6th – @Ananas – Oran Snilk STR

Agility: 9th
Speed: 7th
Toughness: 1st

The Oran Snilk GTR at first glance doesn’t look really special - it’s a long bonnet GT with a somewhat stealth look that is still flashy with the large police and star decal on the sides, lol - you will not be wondering if this was the police or not. The tiny front bumper bar is also quite comical looking but ironically the other engineering aspects of this car made it the ‘toughest’ car in the list - making this our first category winner! How did it get here? Well, an astronomically high safety score of 102, and equally impressive reliability too. It is a large and heavy car too, helping the stats. Combined with the nicely focused tuning on sportiness and keeping drivability on acceptable levels, it easily snatched the top spot. Otherwise, it didn’t do that bad either on speed or agility; it has great acceleration, 1/4mi times and competent braking, but really loses out on top speed, at only 347km/h. This is coming from a gigantic 8.2L naturally-aspirated V10 too btw, making an okay 757hp, so it’s quite funny that it’s still not as fast as the others on the list. Perhaps the 6-spd dual clutch was too focused on acceleration too, as it should be able to achieve a higher top speed… actually, nevermind lol, only 347km/h which is wel below average. This car has the most downforce of the field, at 530kg, helping achieve an impressive 1.41Gs at 200m. But this still can’t mask the lack of agility in sharp turns, at ‘only’ 1G in 20m cornering, as the car is quite heavy and big. I didn’t get to the design score yet, and it’s because it’s not that great. I like the classic proportions and there’s nothing gravely wrong with it, but again - just another case of being outclassed by some of the other entrants.

Ivan: “A decent looking build from the fascia’s, but with a very out of place side vent and humongous hood it brings it down a bit - and the livery couldve done with some less stars”

Oreo: “First - that’s a lot of stars. Love the stealth matte grey paint scheme, and love the classic proportions. Details are alright, but the front grille seems a bit narrow and the bumper bar is quite tiny. Otherwise, it’s a solid design.”

Top 5 Finalists!

These cars are quite good, honestly the competition from the 9th and up are quite close. There are no bad cars here, just a matter of extremely small differences and the fact that we had to put a numerical value on it.

5th – @LennoxV10 – Geroug Chaser

Agility: 2nd
Speed: 2nd
Toughness: 2nd

Firstly, this car was the only car in the top 5 who was carried (heavily) by its engineering. It’s design is the only thing holding it back, unfortunately, and I had hoped (mayhaps) that in the future you could collab with a designer instead. Design-wise, it’s going for a stealth look, but since design was a huge priority for this challenge (we want players to feel great at grinding for a car and unlocking it, and using it) we can’t really give any higher score to this design since we both feel it’s a little too clean and lacks detail to it. Anyway - let’s get to where this car shines - it’s engineering!!! Firstly, it’s impressively well-rounded in all three categories, placing 2nd in agility, speed and toughness. Wow - truly impressive. Really nice work and incredible tuning. Stats-wise, it scores about average in sportiness and drivability, and the standouts are that it’s quite comfortable, reliable, and fuel-efficient (9.6L/100km) (surprising, considering it’s a 6.9L naturally-aspirated V8 making 750hp lol. Agility-wise, this car may be beat by our 1st place winner (AMM Paragon), but it still is incredibly agile - pulling an incredible 1.19G and 1.95Gs in the 20m and 200m cornering tests, while having above average downforce to keep the car planted. Body roll control is the only bad stat here, but this is easily overshadowed, and thus this car takes second place in agility and cornering. Toughness-wise, this car is the 3rd reliable of the bunch, with above average safety and environmental resistance. Everyone didn’t do very well in toughness except those who laser-focused on it, so this car easily took 2nd spot. But! It also did well in speed, which a lot of people focused on too, and it’s clear to see why - it’s literally well above average in top speed, 80-120kmh, 1/4mi, 1km and braking distance. The only sad stat is acceleration, at 2.84s (below average) but it’s still not that bad. Overall, my thoughts is that, with a better design, this car could easily take top spot or maybe 2nd overall - really nice work tuning this!

Ivan: “A clean little sportscar, but maybe too clean in certain aspects, like the sides - however the rear end looks nice.”

Oreo: “Small zippy little sportscar. Clean and stealth look, but mayhaps a little TOO simple. I would appreciate more detail with both bodywork fixtures or graphics (not saying to do a livery btw - just to complete the overall stealth package and be more purposeful I’d say). Otherwise, a pretty solid entry that’s maybe a little too simplistic.”

4th – @Fantic2000 – Condor Foiniks Exorcist

Agility: 3rd
Speed: 6th
Toughness: 9th

First impressions are that this will be incredibly sticky to the ground and quite agile, with is massive rear wing and downforce elements at the front. And - maybe unsurprisingly, it scores 3nd in agility! But we’ll get to that later. First, this car has the highest sportiness by far, which sacrifices a lot of comfort, but notably still not the worst - good tuning! This is reflected in its agile performance, too - scoring 3rd best in the 20m and 2nd in 200m cornering. Body roll could be better, and although still above average, this car could be better with less weight (1500kg) but these two complaints are really minor tbh. Surprisingly too, it only has the 2nd best downforce with that massive wing, but still really good and helps it achieve 3rd place in agility. As for speed, well, that rear wing does cost this car a lot of top speed, at 342km/h it’s well below average in this super fast field, but actually has the 2nd-best acceleration of only 2.35s and good 1/4mi times and braking distance at 32.84m. It’s clear that the 7-spd dual-clutch gearbox is tuned for acceleration, but I think that if the 6.3L naturally-aspirated V8 works harder, it could have a higher top speed and allow some more dowforce in the speed budget (it only makes 642hp). Anyways - toughness! 9th place - not bad but also not good. Really just not helped by its below average safety, weight and aesthetics (looks slightly fragile). Overall, a really good-looking, purposeful car with incredible attention to aero detail, and good engineering overall, but perhaps outgunned by entrants who laser-focused on specific categories.

Ivan: “A very angry & menacing GT, aggressive all over & a good livery too, main complaint would be the absolutely tiny exhausts .”

Oreo: “What I love most is the wide stance of the car and aggressively modified looks. It looks perfect as a street-race modified version of a sportscar, complete with the tasteful police livery (aside from ‘exorcist’ and the absolutely tiny side exhausts) lmao.”

3rd – @VaporRossa – Veronica Interceptor V2

Agility: 6th
Speed: 3rd
Toughness: 10th

First impressions, design-wise it’s quite similar to our actual design winner, but this car was Oreo’s favorite lol, due to the more curvy look and strong design lines with a small bumper bar at the front for a more tough(ish) look. However, Ivan really preferred the other design due to its added realism. From an engineering standpoint, it’s only average overall, with a good score in speed (3rd), and… that’s it. Agility wasn’t too bad at 6th but toughness ironically is at 10th - that front bar is very misleading! As for universal stats, it scores well below average in reliability, hurting its modifier - but, it does have good sportiness, fuel economy, and drivability. Speed-wise, it is really good across the board, with a top speed of 378.5km/h, acceleration of 2.54s, and the 2nd-best 1/4mi and 1km times outside of the outlier that is Speed Demon’s VIPER. Agility-wise it has good stats across the board, with all being above average, which includes 20m and 200m cornering, body roll control, weight, downforce and footprint. This has nice tuning so perhaps an increase in power and downforce could help it here. Toughness is where it falls apart and why it only ranks 3rd overall (even though being carried by its design), because it’s only scoring 4th worse reliability. Weight and footprint is always a compromise - either you optimize it for agility or for toughness, and unfortunately it was clear agility is a priority. Not a surprise that toughness was bad, but perhaps more reliability could help it a lot. Overall, a really nice car with good engineering across the board and tuning, and it only got this far with incredible help from its design, which is stellar. Not saying the engineering is bad, but slightly outclassed.

Ivan: “A super good looking sportscar, sleek & swwpoy lines - all supported by a very good looking livery.”

Oreo: “Okay this is a really sexy car. Wow. I LOVE the curvaceous design that is extremely cohesive in the entire car. The bodywork is gorgeous. The graphics tasteful. What I love most is the front split lip design and a functional bumper bar. Nothing else to say but pure sexiness.”

2nd – @vero94773 – Ansel Evolveré (Interceptor)

Agility: 4th
Speed: 5th
Toughness: 6th

First impressions is that it’s a stealthy hypercar and looks incredibly powerful. It looks great and extremely purposeful. But what about the stats??? Well, this car surprisingly is the 2nd most comfortable car on the list, with good sportiness, drivability, and fuel consumption - lol. Speed-wise, it scores 5th overall, only losing due to its relatively low top speed of 350km/h (which is still insane) but scoring well on 0-100km/h aceleration, 1/4mi and 1km. Maybe not that surprising considering it only has 700hp and a 4.0L turbocharged V8. It has an 8-spd dual clutch gearbox that I guess is tuned moreso for acceleration rather than flat out top speed. For toughness, it only scores 6th, due to its quite relatively low safety, footprint, reliability and weight values, but this is hardly a surprise since it is a hypercar after all. Environmental resistance is the highest though, perhaps owing to the build quality of its chassis and body panels, both… made out of regular aluminum, surprisingly. Agility-wise, it is solidly average in the 20m cornering and weight of the car (at 1600kg!) but shines in its stable body roll, downforce, and footprint (relatively small). However, this car did not really take home the ‘best of anything’ really - at the end of the day it’s just a solid and well-engineered, balanced car that can do all types of duties relatively well, with a really nice and cohesive design on top. Again like a previous car, mayhaps a more focused approach towards a singular category would help the car score better - but otherwise it’s really good still!

Ivan: “A super good looking hypercar, looks to be built with purpose & just looks mean - not much to complain about.”

Oreo: “First impressions are a really functional and no-frills car. Pure stealthy matte black look with no added fuss. Extremely well done bodywork and evenly placed detail in all areas of the car, along with a cohesive design. However, to me it loses out a bit in specialness to some of the others here (only extremely slightly).”

1st – @azkaalfafa – Chirurgico Squalo PS Enforcer

Agility: 5th
Speed: 1st
Toughness: 3rd

First impressions of the Chirugico Squalo is that, design-wise, it looks like a much better executed design than a similar entrant. It looks like it’s a very fast car, and although scoring 1st in the speed category overall, it ironically is only (technically) the second fastest car in the field - what really pushed this over the other car (Speed Demon’s VIPER) is that, unlike that car, this car is quite reliable, comfortable, easy to drive, and does not sacrifice sportiness. It is by far more ‘general’ - going super fast without killing itself. A top speed of 398km/h (247mph) is the second fastest of the group - and doing so with only(!) 750 horses in a 6.4L V12… that is naturally aspirated. This car also registered the second fastest acceleration time of 2.35 seconds, only beat by that other fastest car of 2.33 seconds, and very good 1/4mi, 1km, and 100-0 braking distances as well, thus winning the entire speed category. As for toughness and agility… well, actually not too bad either! For agility, it ranks 5th, with above average 20m cornering but slightly below average 200m cornering. . Body roll is a highlight though - it’s kept in check, and weight and footprint is not too bad either. Downforce is a bit lacking - perhaps due to the focus on speed. As for toughness, it does not do very well, but honestly most of the other cars too, and because of its more general stats lifting this score up, it was able to achieve 3rd overall, with most of the actual stats such reliability, weight and footprint being slightly better than average, with lower than average safety and bad aesthetics (it does not look that tough). Environmental resistance is a highlight though. Overall, this car is pretty balanced engineering-wise (which helps the categorical judging) with a clear focus on speed, while scoring 4th on design (quite good already), and the combination of a really balanced, well-engineered car across the board and a really great design helped this car win overall. Nice job!

Ivan: “A really cool supercar this one, low & fast - however the roof might just be a tad bit too low, almost as if the guys would struggle to fit in this one, but complimented by a good livery too.”

Oreo: “What I really like about this design is the proportions (though I’m gonna dock it a bit with that massively tall rear). Otherwise, it’s really solid. Graphics are nicely balanced and tasteful, and bodywork is nicely done, not too flat but not crazy either. Detail is also there.”

:trophy: Agility Category Winners

1 - @AndiD – AMM Paragon 4.6
2 - @LennoxV10 – Geroug Chaser
3 - @Fantic2000 – Condor Foiniks Exorcist
4 - @vero94773 – Ansel Evolveré (Interceptor)
5 - @azkaalfafa – Chirurgico Squalo PS Enforcer

:trophy: Speed Category Winners

1 - @azkaalfafa – Chirurgico Squalo PS Enforcer
3 - @VaporRossa – Veronica Interceptor V2
4 - @Speeeed_D3m0n – VIPER High-Speed Interceptor
5 - @vero94773 – Ansel Evolveré (Interceptor)

:trophy: Toughness Category Winners

1 - @Ananas – Ananas Oran Snilk STR
3 - @azkaalfafa – Chirurgico Squalo PS Enforcer
4 - @oldmanbuick – Flint Sentinel Interceptor
5 - @xsneakyxsimx – Ascot Renegade 460S Pursuit Special

:trophy: Design Winners

This is a bit complicated as we only scored it on a scale of 10, and then averaged our two design scores. As a result, we got a lot of "ties" but we are still satisfied with the result - all these cars are extremely good looking to be honest, really amazing work!

1 - (9.5) @Sureascanbe – Arnage Talon RR Special Deployment Interceptor

2 - (9.0) @Riley – ZRD Corsa
2 - (9.0) @VaporRossa – Veronica Interceptor V2

3 - (8.5) @vero94773 – Ansel Evolveré (Interceptor)
3 - (8.5) @KSIolajidebt – Hoffsman Pulsar Speed X RST
3 - (8.5) @Fantic2000 – Condor Foiniks Exorcist

4 - (8.0) @azkaalfafa – Chirurgico Squalo PS Enforcer
4 - (8.0) @the-chowi – Crowley Bruiser GT8

5 - (7.5) @Speeeed_D3m0n – VIPER High-Speed Interceptor

Hello! Really sorry this took a while again - but I hope you guys had fun making it! I wanted to do more with the story and reviews but... as you can probably see it was already quite a lot of effort and work and I'm not sure if I can take more time lol. But yes here it is, it's finally done! Really good work everyone!!!

I really want to make an actual game art box cover but I uhhh haven’t done that yet so I will do it soon once I have access to my other laptop oops.

23 Likes

Yay. I did well done, even that is 5 place. Engineer is my specialty and place 2nd on all categories! Thank you for fun!

3 Likes

now this is epic

5 Likes

There were some absolutely stunning entries in this field. And even though the reviews took a while, I think they were thorough and worth the wait.

Not at all surprised by my finish, and I actually feel a bit like “mission accomplished” given that it was described as a very common cop car or commuter car converted for cop duty–which was exactly the point of the design. I knew it was going to get blown out of the water performance-wise but was hoping to maybe score well in a category–and it did.

Congrats to all the top finishers!

2 Likes

Fun challenge, would recommend :+1:

3 Likes

10/10 ign it has a little something for everyone

2 Likes

That was quite fun! Thank you Oreo and Ivan for hosting, I can tell a lot of work was put into it. And GGs for the other participants.

As for hosting the next round, unfortunately I’m quite swamped with academic stuff, so I’ll have to pass it down.

4 Likes

and i’ve decided to take up TMCC, so i will also be passing it down to @VaporRossa

5 Likes

Okay, I’ll host the next AGC :+1:

Will update when the cooking is finished

8 Likes

We’re having another sportscar theme back to back. See you soon!

15 Likes

The bar has been raised.

2 Likes

The stakes have been risen indeed