-Baka to Test
-PASWG

Dropped after 2 episodes

• Musaigen no Phantom World
  • Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
  • GJ-Bu
  • Tamako Market
1 Like

My god I’ve not heard of a LOT of these. I know Nichijou, Gintama, School Rumble, I’ve heard of Nisekoi and that’s it.

The ones I read regularly:

• One Piece
  • One Punch Man
  • Mob Psycho 100
  • Vinland Saga
  • Berserk
  • Hajime no Ippo
  • Tower of God (manwha)
  • Lookism (manwha)
  • Hunter x Hunter (in the once every 4 years it isn’t on hiatus)

Given that list you might expect me to have kept going with Naruto and Bleach but nah, especially not the latter. There’s a few smaller titles I haven’t mentioned yet. Maybe later when I’m not so sleep deprived.

That watched alot of is pretty much my recommend list except Nisekoi and Baka to Test.

Also when it comes to manga I have to recommend Kaguya Wants a Confession. Probably my second favorite series of all.

This list doesn’t cover stuff that was already completed, and I mention this because obviously I watched Neon Genesis Evangelion and Akira for your starter dose of Mindfuckery, then went onto the more recent Gainax offerings like Fooly Cooly and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I also read (but haven’t watched) FullMetal Alchemist, which probably has the best written self-contained story.

I suppose I gotta add myself into this conversation, I noticed you guys talking about NGE a bit, seriously, 4th movie when!?

As for anime’s I seen, I can’t remember the names of all of them, but here’s what I do remember off the top of my head
-initial D
-wangan midnight
-neon Genesis Evangelion (including movies)
-don’t remember name but it was about some dude working for the JASDF for rescue operations
-noragami (and even Aragato)
-Sabagebu
-junjou romantica
-Sword Art Online
-plastic memories (so sad :cry: )
-zankyou no terror
-Nisekoi
-and more I cannot remember right now (I’ll add as I remember)

I have a few unwatched series I store on a 64 gig flash drive, so I can watch anywhere :smiley:

As for manga side of things, I just got one from the school library for reading response in class, for some reason it’s now easier to do work now that I’m basing my answers off a manga lol

Hmm 64 gigs of anime… Regular anime or “that” kind of anime :wink:

1 Like

Don’t worry, all “that” is on a 2TB internal drive ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lol jk, it’s all just normal anime

1 Like

Besides DBZ (as in DragonBall Z), Speed Racer and Initial-D, i’m not that used to watch anime a lot…let alone any of the terrible cartoon shows (Gumball, Adventure Time, etc,) that are being aired currently on CN/Boomerang; Besides, i’ll still bow for the old-school animated classics though…

oh god way too many animu ang mangas in my history…
both the normal kind and that kind.

like… 2 manga that have somewhat misleading name:

• my ballz
  • onani master kurosawa.

the 2nd one in particular have a heavy and really good story despite the misleading name.

1 Like

When it comes to that kind of anime, all I’ve ever watched is that clip which spawned the image macro:

I apologise in advance for what is essentially an explicit reference to the intention to commit sexual assault

On a more serious note, I can’t believe I forgot to mention Ghost In the Shell. I’m one of the ones who isn’t particularly happy that Scarlet Johansson is playing Motoko Kusanagi. Not because Scarlet isn’t adequate or doesn’t have the pedigree for it, but because it’s essentially the same problem as why 47 Ronin was so shit (this time no offence to Keanu Reeves). The degree of cultural appropriation is disappointing.

1 Like

I’m not an anime buff. Or manga. Whatever, I have read/watched some stuff.

Watched:
• Danganronpa
• Alice Academy
• Naruto

Read:
• FMA
• Naruto
• Little bit of One Piece and Bleach
• Superdoctor K (don’t ask me why)
There’s one more similar medical manga with some ghost but I can’t remember the name.

Not that much of the ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) stuff. Turns me off.

Anyway, I’m done with anime/manga. One of my friends keeps pushing me to watch or read JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, but I stop myself because I’m the type that can’t stop once I get started.

Hmm ok well watched anime i remember lol
initial d
ghost in the shell
irutsokidojo
Dragonball
dragonball Z
Gundam
Metalocalypse

aside from the basic 4 (Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Monster Rancher), just the Gunsmith Cats mini series.

i’m not an anime fan in the slightest, but GC was very engaging.

Also add to my list of watched anime:
• Pokemon
• 10 episodes of Hetalia

everytime. EVERYTIME… my brain
hentailia…

anyway. now i have time to spare…

list of suggestions to watch/read (and the ones i’ve read/watch)

anime:

• danshi kokousei no nichijou
  • seitokai yakuindomo (both season of em. you’ll love these 2 top anime the most)
  • initial D because obligatory (and it’s actually good anyway)
  • Beck (both the anime and the movie. music related anime)
  • Great Teacher Onizuka. (i’ve read the whole manga series except the one that’s still running. there’s 3 books. GTO, GTO:shounen 14 days, and the current running one which i forgot the name of)
  • onani master kurosawa
  • the recently finished: 91 days
  • Re: Zero of course. because : “I Love Emilia” (REM BEST GIRLLLLL!!!)
  • if you can bear watching 6 seasons of anime. Gintama. but start from season 2. half of season 1 is mostly introduction, and background buildup (but the constant laugh though)
  • Re:Life (both the anime and the manga/webtoon)
  • Kokoro Connect
  • Samurai Champloo for the musics and relaxing
  • Charlotte
  • Assasination Classroom of course. and both seasons of it. and prepare to hold your tears at the end.
  • Food Wars is pretty interesting too (Shokugeki no Souma)
  • Working! (another comedy stuff)
  • Sakamoto Desu Ga (go in blind. just don’t look or read up anything about it. and go in totally blind. you’ll lose yourself)
  • a short series: Tonari no Seki-kun. like 7 mins per episode. but are just so worth it.
  • never forget one punch man
  • the grisaia series. the plot goes 1st season -> 1 movie -> 2nd season. soo goooooood
  • Plastic Memories
  • Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. both season. so metaaaaaaa
  • Amagi Brilliant park
  • Hitsugi no Chaika. both season.
  • Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki kun
  • Sabagebu
  • Sakurasou (i forgot the full name)
  • Chuunibyou. 2 seasons
  • D.Frag
  • Black Jack & Black Jack Young (the name of the 2nd season. but it really doesn’t matter which one you watched first.) about an unlicensed crazy talented surgeon
  • Shimoneta

movies:
anything by studio ghibli. like almost literally anything. you just can’t go wrong with their movies

there. should be enough stuff to binge up to the end of the year.

also this just came out… 6 minutes of nonstop goosebumps for me…
headphone is recommended

1 Like

Can vouch for Danshi Koukosei and Seitokai Yakuindomo and Gekkan Shouji Nozaki kun and Gintama. I’ve seen Shimoneta, D Frag, sakurasou chuuni and Amagi Brilliant Park as well but I found them all very boring except Amagi. Shimoneta is pretty much worse Seitokai Yakuindomo. Oregairu first season is top notch 2nd season for melodramatic nonsense and Iroha.

Is Spongebob an anime?

:grinning:

Only if you consider the presidential debate to be an infomercial for oxi-clean

1 Like

Looking at what you guys watched and read i feel like a small fish.
I only own three Mongo Series. Assassination Classroom, Soul Eater and SAO - all in German (obviously)

I really would like to start treading the manga, but i am still not quite sure. Its 27 books, and they are quite expensive here. Also i watched both Animes, FMA and FMA:B - and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is imho one of the best Anime i ever saw.

On other note i watched Initial D (but screw Fifth Stage), Demon King Daimao, Tengen Toppa Gurenn Lagann, SAO, Seven Deadly Sins and K-ON

AFAIK FMAB is basically the book story.