Animu and Mango Thread

SAO is more embarassing than K-On these days lol :smile:

Not that I’ve seen either. Might see just so I can get into best girl wars.

@DoctorNarfy UBlock Orgin + Kissanime

In the same boat. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve never even seen Initial D… I haven’t paid for anything, so my watching of anime is restricted to whatever leftovers get shown on 3rd party websites smothered in ads…

I have watched most on urm… NETFLIX. And when its not from Netflix i probably acquired the files when i was on LAN somewhere.

I gotta say, i liked SAO in the beginning, but somehow the story went to the shitter quickly.

I’d probably watch more on Netflix if I lived alone, Y’know how netflix is with recommendations… You watch one WW2 Documentary, next thing you know your entire feed is FILLED with “Secret Nazi Weapon” documentaries. Good luck explaining that one. I could only Imagine explaining Plastic Memories or something… :joy:

1 Like

Watched

series:
Noir
Hellsing
Ghost in the shell SAC
Initial D
Big O
Neon genesis evangelion
FLCL
Blue sub 6
Macross (and the americanized version robotech)
Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs (americanized Bismarck)
Naruto (but left off somewhere around ep145 or so)
Outlaw Starr
Cowboy bebop

Movies (just my favorites)
Ghost in the shell
Porco Rosso
Macross the movie
Redline
Akira
patlabor
M. D. geist
Vampire hunter D + Bloodlust

I’m sure there have been others but those are what stand out in my mind. I’ve only read wangan midnight and initial D for mangas.

1 Like

I freaking love Madeon.

On a related note, I’ve not watched much anime and I’ve pretty much never read any manga. Here are the anime I have watched, and I’ll rate it out of 5.

• Initial D (4/5, because duh.)
  • Food Wars! Shokugeki No Soma (4/5 IDK, it’s interesting, but sort of NSFW.)
  • Your Lie In April (5/5 I’m not crying, you’re crying.)
  • Attack On Titan (3.5/5, it was my first anime, but it wasn’t my favorite.)
  • Parasyte (4.5/5 Wow, this show was a rollercoaster of awesomeness.)
  • Cowboy Bebop (5/5 An essential anime to watch, of course.)
  • Wangan Midnight (3.5/5 Meh, I never really got into this show.)

I read Shingeki No Kyoujin (Attack On Titan), as opposed to watch it. I don’t have time to watch it.

Also I am ashamed that I forgot to mention all the Studio Ghibli (mainly Hayao Miyazaki) stuff until pyrlix reminded me. Holy shit how could I forget.

The Adventures of Lupin iii: The Castle of Cagliostro
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
My Neighbour Totoro
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
And probably a number of others.

I made a special effort to catch a screening of Miyazaki’s “retirement” film, The Wind Rises. As a well documented pacifist, the commentary on the pursuit of engineering beauty in creating a doomed machine of war was as apologist as it was Japanese.

Mandatory.

About Attack on Titan… everyone i know says its shite. Even the girl in the bookstores does not recommend AoT at all - but how come there still are a lot of people reading/watching it :stuck_out_tongue:

It depends on whether it’s your first introduction to anime with, to misappropriate a Bruce Lee phrase: Emotional Content.

Those who say it’s shit tend to pan it for replacing the DBZ KAAAAMEEEEHAAAAAMEEEE- IN NEXT EPISODE WILL GOKU SAVE THE UNIVERSE AGAIN? with several episode-long soliloquies about humanity’s wretched condition. That’s not everybody’s cuppa tea.

The manga doesn’t suffer from this problem, the chapters read much shorter and feel like they have a higher content to noise ratio so the pacing’s pretty on-point.

It’s a normie series now. Kinda like Naruto and DBZ and for some reason SAO.

And here I am with just RWBY and some pokemon manga

RWBY is basically what happens when you write based purely on devices catalogued in TVTropes.org :joy: which can be good fun, if you’re that kind of person.

So I binged watched P+S w/G, and oh my god that was the funniest thing I’ve seen in a while. Only if the ending were actually decent and explainable.

2 Likes

Worth rewatching in English Dub. And killer soundtrack.

I did watch with English dub, boi. I don’t always but I watched the first episode in both English and Japanese and preferred the English.

I also used to watch DBZ and the very first incarnation of Pokemon with my younger brother on our favorite local channel with the original LATAM Spanish dub; Trust me…it gave you the chills -specially during the transformations, that is- . That was right before the stupid Religious Crisis of the early 2000s when everything that came from Japan or even China -specially Manga- and Anime-based Videogames- was treated as “diabolical”. Do you guys survived that one as i did?

To revive this a bit, I’ll ask a question, who can successfully identify this girl :wink:

that is 100% not an anime character. rather she’s a mascot.

Unity-chan to be exact. a vocaloid4 mascot

I know, thought I’d try to fool someone with it :stuck_out_tongue:

oh. okay then

what about these couple?