Anyone know of front end conversions on a Trailblazer?

GMC Envoy, Same Vehicle, Different Badge.
Edit: Disregard, Went back & Read Some Posts. Hope it works out for you.

oldsmobile bravada (2002-2004) is the same story, along with saab 9-7X, buick rainer,and izuzu ascender

As someone who lives in New York; I’ll have to disagree with you there. You can get your inspection done at any repair shop here; assuming they have the machine for it. You don’t have to go to the DMV to do it; unlike some other states. Now there you’re properly screwed.

The shop I go to; the guy just asks one question: do you have a check engine light? If not, you get a new sticker as soon as the printer can print it. Out the door for 35 bucks.

Pretty much the same for inspections here in Maryland. And we do emissions once every 2 years. Taking the Galant in for emissions and the Taurus in for inspection. I just need the check engine light to shut up for a couple days.

That is true, though the local place we take it to actually does a proper inspection :confused:

Eyyyyy MD! DC or Baltimore?

Silver Spring, so I’m right outside DC.

I used to live there lol, ur probably in my old house

The beauty of living out in the country side / small town USA:
No one cares about inspections/emissions!

Not even for newer cars.

1 Like

So drive out to somewhere more remote for an inspection?

Yup, it works well, I know someone that goes to a nice place to get their car fixed but some interstate 95 BP to be inspected

true, could work, but what would be the point if the car passes an inspection anyways (in my case, the malibu, the check engine light is only intermittent for some reason, coming on only when cold)

Tends to be cheaper and more importantly if you have modded your car in a way that might not pass (exhaust for example)

True, only way that is as far as i’m aware though is if you use no cat and no muffler. while this would sound pretty good on, say, the trailblazer with it’s I6, it sounds more like rice on my 2.2L 4 cyl :confused:

and btw, an update, we have tracked down a 2002 trailblazer for $550 with a rusted frame (failed inspection due to it) so as it is cheaper then the olds, we shall be going with it hopefully, so the conversion info is no longer necessary though the conversion would have been cool, definitely unique at least

Great!
As to why no muffler or cat, umm, yeah, I know ricers

1 Like

I was gonna mod the exhaust, but only do a catback. Mainly for weight reduction and better sound.

Okay, sorry to bring back this thread, but we finally started disassembly. What i ran into an issue with though is trying to remove a certain part. i don’t know the exact name of it, so i’ll call it the metal bars in front of the radiator. would anyone know how to take it off?

Do you seen any bolts holding it in place?

If not, its probably spotwelded there. If you want to reuse it, drill the welds them plugweld it on your car.

If you dont care about it, just use an angle grinder and cut it off.

it is indeed spotwelded, so we now know it’s a lot of work, by any chance would you happen to know where i can get a R&I procedure?

Please no acronyms unless they are very obvious :stuck_out_tongue: