Anyone know of front end conversions on a Trailblazer?

R&I=Remove and Install

http://www.mmupullit.com

It’s a pull your own parts yard, there’s 5 trailblazers there if you need something specific, of if you want to practice on something :wink:

did you miss the whole conversation on how we got ourselves a parts truck? lol

Drill out the spot welds on both, not all the way through both layers, then you basically do a careful rosette weld in the holes of the new bracket into the place of the old one.

Alternatively you can possibly drill through both and bolt it back in place if the bolts wont interfere with anything else like the radiator.

1 Like

Hm, sounds sorta complicated, now a question, is it easier to do that, or would it be simpler to swap out a transmission? (we have found another Trailblazer that is in good condition besides a blown transmission, so if it’s too hard to replace that, then we’d just get that and swap over the transmissions)

Considering that the bracket is just one part, and I would expect more damage in the area the transmission would probably be easier overall.

2 Likes

Yeah, I also suspect the frame might be damaged on your car, considering the damage to the front end.

The end the front bar fix wouldn’t be too complicated compared to loads of stuff in cars, as you just need to drill the welds and then weld it back in place (or bolt it), but considering the possible frame damage, I’d do a transmission swap.

we already checked the frame, it’s straight