[ARM] Automation RestoMod Chapter 16: Soul on Fire [CONCLUSION]

That first image is fuel economy (rather, specific fuel consumption) - not emissions. I asked earlier which of the emissions the rule referred to (trim or engine), but got no response - not that it really mattered in my case, either number was way below 400. In your case it does seem to matter.

Yeah, 85 tech is rough for emissions. For now I am assuming it is Car Trim as it is the most used metric.

1985 Restored Alfa GTV6 “Incubo”

by MTL Customs & Tuning

Egregio signore Babooni,

Please find the following proposal to restore your prized 1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6.

The Concept

Here at MTL C&T we acknowledge that the poor car fell into disrepair, but we really believe we can bring it back to its original glory!

Such an incredible car needs to stay true to its root and we would love to pay our respect. That is why we are restoring it back to the 80s! No advanced restomoding here, we want to stay true to the GTV6 root. A ton of version of it and the Busso engine were released over the years, so we want to take the best of all of them and make this Alfa Romeo the king of all GTV6!

With all original or machine parts, you will be able to use it as a daily driver, go to classic car meets, bring it to the track and enjoy the Italian way of life. We hope you will enjoy our proposal, because we are all jealous here.

The Engine

The venerable Busso 2.5 seems to have seen better times and is in need of a full rebuild. Only top performance parts and original components will be use in this endeavour. We also plan to stroke and bore it to 3.3L for more power. Original Busso block and head will be used as well as most original parts from the long history of the Busso engine.

A high performance single cam will be installed and it will include a top performance exhaust rebuild that complies with modern emission and noise regulation. A modern L-Jetronic fuel injection tuned for a super smooth ride will keeping those incredible Alfa V6 notes!

We expect the engine to provide about 265hp @ 6900 rpm fully rebuilt. This is a little more than 100 more HP than the original engine!! This should be enough to allow a top speed of 253 km/h, as well as a 4.8 seconds acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h. Who would have known that that much power was hidden in the Busso engine?

The Handling

Coupled with that kind of power, we will provide exceptional handling - even better than the original™!

First, an Alfa clutch-based diff will be installed, allowing for more control on those wheels in many situations. Gearing will be a bit long, but should bring in great efficient and acceleration to get that car so fast to 100km/h!

Then, power steering will added as well, allowing complete control at all speed. Very large 325mm and 295mm vented discs are planned to be mounted to control that speed, and an optional ABS module will be install - it can be disable if desired, but we prefer to keep it to meet modern safety regulations.

We plan to add many small aerodynamic features to the GTV6, including a full undertray to increase grip and keep the Alfa glued to the tarmac. Also, the GTV6 will be subjected to a healthy diet and will weigh under 1000kg!!

The suspension will also be redesigned with reinforced sway bar, the dampers will be loosened and switched to gas mono-tube, and performance progressive shock springs will be installed - all high quality components.

Then, a bit more modern tires will be included - 16 inch mags coming from the 75 Milano with comfortable 215/55 tires in the front and 245/50 in the rear. With larger wheels, the suspension will be lifted, but should not impact performance.

The result? An incredibly enjoyable ride with incredible grip and handling, with 1.07g/1.10g cornering ability and a 53/47 weight distribution.

The Styling

The original sporty interior will be retained but made new with very high quality original or printed components. Also included will be luxury amenities like 4 speakers cassette player with subwoofer under the driver seat and climate control.

Some additional options will be provided as well. While trying to keep it as original as possible, all these options will be swappable thanks to modern 3D printed and technology - they will all be locked or clamped without harming the panels and will be easily removable - all originals parts will also be included.

Those additional parts are Grand Prix edition fenders and rear spoiler and dividers, rear window slits, and a clearglass hood tea tray that exposes the venerable V6 Busso. Rear paint lines reminescent of the Balocco edition will add some flair as well and the Quadrifoglio will be present on the front fender.

What else could make this restoration better? Nothing we could think of. For a pure '85 Alfa GTV6 restoration, it packs a punch and is a silent sleeper until you open up the full potential of the original and improved Busso engine!

No one will see you coming - a true demon on the road. Only the GTV6 3.3 badge at the back will hint at the performance this collection piece is capable of.

We are very proud of the respect we would be paying to the Alfa Romeo heritage and hope you will consider this proposal.

In attesa di una Vostra cortese risposta, Vi saluto cordialmente.

The MTL Customs & Tuning Team

Available Paint Jobs

From rear to front: Full Paint Job w/ Original Parts, Original Trim and Parts, Two tone + Options (proposed)

Galleria

8 Likes

uhhh… I might have bit off more than I can chew here, but…

um…how much time do I have? Lotsa work projects stealing time lately but I have this dream design in my head to pay homage to Alfa.

7 Likes

July 6th 12:00 CET. I hope you make it :sunglasses:

All current entries have passed MOT:

@cake_ape
@Mikonp7
@karhgath

Wait, what? I haven’t sent you a car?

Yeah…I’m out. requirements unattainable. I’ll send what I have

2 Likes

Crap, I meant @karhgath
My bad

@Lanson
Too bad. Now I’m really wondering about it

It’s comfort. Not doable under normal circumstances, without severe compromise. This machine I’m making is not about compromise.

Yeah, I tried making a rally car sans entertainment, but was forced into having entertainment stuff to meet the comfort requirement. You could just add something. A CD player might do. Depends on how pure and hardline you want to be.

2 Likes

I’ll give it a look as well. Should have been easy to achieve

Where does Alfa Romeo logo come from ? Which mod?

2 Likes

European Emblems

As usual y’all are probably right. I left a lot of defaults in there and just got busy on the exterior, so it’s probably doable without getting luxo-barge on it. I’ll keep going.

I added a bumper inspired by the Alfa Romeo GTV in this mod. Sorry it’s so late, I’ve been very busy lately.

3 Likes

Wish I had this when I was doing my replica :slight_smile:
Awesome!

2 Likes

Alright, got it to squeak by on comfort, after some changes. Thanks all for the assistance with that.

FMC custom shop wishes to enter with a re-imagined concept of the GTV for 2025, available today. We hear they are moving to electric power in a couple years, so this may be the one chance to do it right with an engine. Obviously it looks unique, but the primary body structure remains intact. A new front fascia grafted by fiberglass composite serves as the required bumper. The look comes from inspirations of other Alfa concept cars of years past. Love it or hate it, it will be instantly recognizable.

The rear fascia is completely re-worked with new LED tails, and a ground-effects diffuser, with dual exhaust.

The interior is completely created by hand, every stitch. The audio system included and controlled by the infotainment glass cluster uses FMC’s own THETA audio package. The result - audiophile sound quality. The rest of the interior remains highly analog.

The engine remains an original block, adopting an oversquare 3.0L capacity. Paired with VVL and VVT valvetrain technologies and a simple but effective MPI injection system, the revised engine produces a flat mound of torque throughout the entire rev range, which extends to 8900RPM now. Peak HP is 323. Thanks to all the updated tech, the economy is phenomenal, at over 35MPG.

It isn’t cheap, but we think its a good match for your request. Please enquire if we can build it for you.

7 Likes

I’m extending the deadline to Monday 11th because I won’t be home until Sunday night.
Got some obligations to take care of.

4 Likes

Submisisons Closed
Results coming soon!

3 Likes